Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Boeser contract - 5.875 x 3yrs = 17.625
• 2019-20:
4M (700K & 3.3M SB)
• 2020-21:
6.125M (3.125M / 3M SB)
• 2021-22:
7.5M
6:40 PM · Sep 16, 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet Stats
@SNstats
Highest Goals Per Game From 2015 NHL Draft:

Connor McDavid 0.45
#Canucks Brock Boeser 0.42........... Image
Kyle Connor 0.38
Jack Eichel 0.35
Sebastian Aho 0.34
6:33 PM · Sep 16, 2019
Last edited by Mickey107 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

NHL Public Relations
Newly re-signed
@Canucks
forward @BBoeser16
has 59 career goals, with his last coming in his 136th game on March 28 vs. LAK.

The only Vancouver player to record that many goals in fewer games is Pavel Bure (59 G in 93 GP).
#NHLStats
6:49 PM · Sep 16, 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Canucks, Boeser compromise, but difficult decisions could lie ahead

Two interviews with Benning and one with Horvat.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... lie-ahead/
Iain MacIntyre
September 16, 2019, 11:27 PM

VICTORIA, B.C. – A match made in heaven? Ask Brock Boeser and the Vancouver Canucks in three years.
For now, the two sides badly needed each other, which is why the free-agent winger and National Hockey League club ended their standoff Monday and agreed to a three-year bridge deal for Boeser that averages US$5.875 million.

The 22-year-old Minnesotan will rejoin the team Wednesday after missing the Canucks’ three-day training camp and first three pre-season games. Boeser will have two weeks to get ready for Vancouver’s season-opener Oct. 2 in Edmonton.

And general manager Jim Benning and his staff have about the same time to make the Canucks salary-cap compliant after Boeser’s signing, which caps a hectic off-season for the team where Vancouver went $1.72 million over the $81.5-million limit.

“We want him up and going so he’s ready for the start of the season,” Benning told reporters Monday night before the Canucks and Calgary Flames opened the pre-season with split-squad games in Victoria and Calgary. “So it was important we get him done now.

“I talked to him this afternoon. Obviously, he’s very excited. He’s been talking to some of the guys and getting a feel for how camp is going and wanted to be here. He’s happy (negotiations are) over.”
Benning on why getting Boeser re-signed was key for Canucks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vancouver coach Travis Green said he always believed Boeser would re-sign.

“I don’t think Brock wanted to be out and we definitely wanted him to be here, so we had those two elements,” Green said after his team in Victoria fell behind by four goals before losing 4-3 to the Flames.

“As coach, you’re always trying to plan your lineup and trying to look ahead. And in the back of your mind, you’re wondering: Is Brock going to be here or not? So I’m definitely happy he’s signed now and will be in town soon.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green said he hadn’t decided if Boeser will have to do the gruelling skating test teammates endured on the first day of training camp.

“Oh, yeah,” Canucks centre Bo Horvat said. “He’s coming back, he’s going to have to do it. We’re going to make him. He’s not going to get off that easy.

“He kept saying he wants to be here with us and he wants to be with the team. I’m glad they finally got it done.

“I couldn’t be happier for him and I couldn’t be happier to have him back in our lineup. I’m really happy he’s going to start the season with us because we definitely need him.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Horvat 'can't wait' for Boeser to be back with Canucks In two-plus NHL seasons, Boeser has 59 goals in 140 games despite serious injuries that ended his rookie campaign and slowed the start to his sophomore season. At this point, his offensive ceiling is unlimited.

But he needs to play. Ineligible for free-agent offers from other NHL teams, his value to Vancouver – as well as his conditioning – wasn’t likely to improve while sitting out. But the Canucks also could not afford to proceed without him.

Adding wingers Micheal Ferland and J.T. Miller, and defencemen Tyler Myers and Jordie Benn make the Canucks a better team. But the organization is far from talented enough to lose one of its best young players without it diminishing the Canucks’ playoff hopes.

An extended standoff looked like a huge lose-lose.

Benning and agent Ben Hankinson never got close to an agreement on a long-term deal, and focused for much of the summer on a bridge contract for Boeser.

Even on a short-term deal, it’s believed Boeser wanted in excess of $6 million annually, while the Canucks were wary of paying more than the $5.5 million Horvat accepted on a six-year-deal signed before the 2017-18 season.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Greetings from Fes. Great job by Benning. Wow three years at under 6M. Never saw that coming. Now I gotta find the game summaries.....

Who’s on my roof? Wait what roof?
The only HW the Canucks need
Nuckertuzzi
CC Veteran

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Getting a little ahead of things but can't help to think how the events of the past 72 hours could not have worked out any better for those hoping to land Barrie in the offseason.
Nuckertuzzi
CC Veteran

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hilarious Loui remains the highest paid forward for another 2 seasons.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

That’s a great signing for Jimbo. Qualifying him at $7.5 won’t be an issue, ensuring he’s here for four more years. A classic bridge contract. Love it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 am That’s a great signing for Jimbo. Qualifying him at $7.5 won’t be an issue, ensuring he’s here for four more years. A classic bridge contract. Love it.
Genius contract negotiator. He stunned the world by signing Ferland far less than what everyone predicted, not too mention everyone from here to Timbuktu were crying out loud that Benning was gonna sign Myers for $8 million a year *see Blobbees posts with regards to that
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 am That’s a great signing for JimbRo.
Slurp the sausage Island

:lol:

You'll only gag at first
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

love the term,Brock will be playing his 3rd year for his new contract same time as Podkolzins rookie season.
Big things in 2022
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ben Hankinson is rather angry. This is a big issue. Will put up when it's available.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 pm
Seriously, I'm expecting a post from his kid any time now...
Oh. I missed this last night. I didn't this morning.
"evolution"
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

A few reasons why this deal makes sense for Boeser and the Canucks.

(1) Boeser has guaranteed lifetime earnings money. By which I mean, if he isn't a fool and he happens to get injured, he will have what he needs to not have to be concerned about future work. This should be a floor target for all players who can get it.

(2) The gap between RFA and UFA market value is narrowing. A bit more sanity in the FA market (Kevin Hayes quasi-UFA deal notwithstanding) and a little more insanity is entering the RFA market (thank KD). If this trend is going to continue, why spend more to get into UFA years when RFAs are getting something close to UFAs?

(3) When Boeser comes due for the next contract, he will be 25 and the next contract will cover only prime plus years. If he excels, he's going to be in a great spot. So will the Canucks -- by re-signing a star or by trading one.

(4) Luongo's recapture comes off the books when Boeser's deal expires. That's why 3 years ending @ $7.5M is better than a 4 or 5 year deal from the Boeser perspective. The team will have Pettersson and Hughes worked out in a structure that has to accommodate the final year of the recapture but Boeser's next deal has the Canucks with $3M of "found" money.
Hono_rary Canadian