Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

What Florida may have pushed suggested Luongo do;
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... lly-retire
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:40 am .
What Florida may have pushed suggested Luongo do;
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... lly-retire
The fact that Florida may have lost out on Panarin because of this is a small comfort.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Boeser confident new deal will be done.
Restricted free-agent forward Brock Boeser isn't worried about securing a new contract with the Vancouver Canucks.

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," Boeser said, according to Jessi Pierce of NHL.com. "I love Vancouver. The organization, the city, the fans, everything's great there, and I want to be there for a long time."

"He's a core player and a building block for our group," general manager Jim Benning said. "We have a plan in place and we're going to continue to talk with Brock and his agent and get that figured out.

"If we can move players, it makes it easier, but if we can't move players we still have a plan in place to be (cap) compliant. One option is to go into (long-term injury reserve) with (Antoine) Roussel because with his injury he is probably not going to be back until November, December."

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1796950
I figure they go 4 years - smidgen lower cap, think Timo Meier's contract.

still will be a RFA, then they can go for the mega contract - 8 years after that, lifelong Canuck.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

From Brock;
"I love Vancouver. The organization, the city, the fans, everything's great there, and I want to be there for a long time."
What sticks out about this line? LOL

I was going to say something 3 days ago. Pretty sure Brock wants 7 or 8 yrs.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 pm Pretty sure Brock wants 7 or 8 yrs.
Doubtful.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 pm
Doubtful.
Five years seems to be that sweet spot these days.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Doubtful.
Maybe to Brock, five is long? Maybe he's been trying for max term?

Only his hairdresser knows for sure..
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Doubtful.
Got a mid-summer IPA buzz going with some effervescent 'herb'and we're chattin canuck stuff; I'm figuring that Brock gets 5-6 years at 7.75

On a different note, i am actually excited - looking fwd to this upcoming year, especially after the drudgery we've endured since 2013. Seems to me, that in the grand scheme of things, all our new acquisitions will mean 'didley' if Markstrom doesn't deliver like he did last year. Mind you, IF we have more possession time and really are more offensive, ole Marky will have a little less pressure on him.

Anyways, it'll be an interesting ride. I hope Benning is building on his contract negotiation skills - he had room to fuck up in the past, but now as the 'core' develops, the numbers game gets tighter. In the meantime, it's really awesome that we get to see if Hughes becomes Norris material and maybe EP becomes our Hart Ross and Rocket Richard candidate... or who knows, maybe Boeser.

That's enough of my late summer night van canuck diatribe.
Cheers all
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... er-canucks

September 2nd/... sorry; wrong decade. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Image
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

This is the most important contract Benning has ever had to negotiate. If he gets bent over by Boeser’s agent, the team is screwed when Pettersson and Hughes need contracts in two years. He needs to make a final, fair, well-reasoned, completely justifiable using comparables offer before training camp starts. Then he needs to warn the agent that the offer needs to be signed before training camp begins or it will be off the table and only a lesser offer will be available. Then he can’t blink even if Boeser doesn’t sign and sits out the season. If he gets bent over and increases the offer once the season starts, Pettersson and Hughes will have their game plan, and the Canucks will be hooped. If he sticks to his guns, Pettersson and Hughes will know the situation when it is their turn. If he does a good job getting the kids to sign team friendly deals like Boston seems to always get, he can build a winner. If he caves like Toronto always seems to do, the Canucks will not be able to build a deep roster and will have more difficulty competing long term.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

TO made their own bed by enabling johnny pjs to shit all over the isles then run home to his maple laughs sheets.

His teammates all saw the culture of dooshbaggery the leaves are fostering and informed their agents to get they pencils sharpened accordingly.

Before you start in with the yeah butts tuner.....the proof is in that million a goal marshmallow WNs contract and mitch the bitch yanking on dumbass's hair while he slaps another overpayment out of his ass
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hargraves isn't worried. Benning seems to do ok with RFA signings. Its the UFA or pending UFA that grab him by his jet black mane, bend him over and fuck him dry..
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning signed Myers and Ferland below what the moaners expected - $7 to as high as $8 Million the moaners spewed about Myers and $5 Million per year for Ferland

Rousell great signing

Eriksson came from a class of 2016 UFAs who were all BUMS!

The Beagle one irritates me although I believe he will be a great presence in the bottom 6 as this young core develops

Benning is a fucking genius to the bone
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:48 pm This is the most important contract Benning has ever had to negotiate. If he gets bent over by Boeser’s agent, the team is screwed when Pettersson and Hughes need contracts in two years. He needs to make a final, fair, well-reasoned, completely justifiable using comparables offer before training camp starts. Then he needs to warn the agent that the offer needs to be signed before training camp begins or it will be off the table and only a lesser offer will be available. Then he can’t blink even if Boeser doesn’t sign and sits out the season. If he gets bent over and increases the offer once the season starts, Pettersson and Hughes will have their game plan, and the Canucks will be hooped. If he sticks to his guns, Pettersson and Hughes will know the situation when it is their turn. If he does a good job getting the kids to sign team friendly deals like Boston seems to always get, he can build a winner. If he caves like Toronto always seems to do, the Canucks will not be able to build a deep roster and will have more difficulty competing long term.
I understand your concern. To some degree, I share it. In particular about the distinguishable necessity, of having Boeser participating from the
onset of training camp. It's important for his psych, and that of his team mates.
I also agree that Benning would be well served by displaying to the rest of the league,(players and rival GMs), that he is no push-over.
However, a player the ilk of Boeser sitting an entire season is not only a unmitigated disaster for the Canucks, but for the NHL as well.
Of note though; Not all player agent's contracts with their clients are the same. I have heard that, many actually (and even from the same
agent) differ. To what degree a player can step in and supercede his representative,s without breaching his contract with him is a private
thing that we just don't know.
For what it's worth, I read that Boeser's is about as easy going as agents go.
You are right to be wary of >>>>>>>wait for it >>>>>>>>>>>> 2 th 3 years from now. ;)
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:05 pm
Maybe to Brock, five is long? Maybe he's been trying for max term?

Only his hairdresser knows for sure..
I think NHL players are finally copying the NBA style of superstar contract - 4/5 years, and maximizing earning potential on the 3rd contract - that's when they'll really hit it out of the park financially.

Mackinnon is the cautionary tale - superstar in the making, locked in too early. Imagine if he'd signed a 4 year deal? It would have been expiring this year, probably doubling his salary for the next 4 years.

I don't think its a coincidence that all of the key RFAs haven't signed, in the same year that NBA UFAs have cashed in like never before - obviously that includes Kawhi, but freakin' Kevin Durant got a 4 year $40 mil contract, when he won't play at all in year one, and the 4th year is a player option!

I wonder if the franchise tagging is something the players will fight for in the next CBA, and that could also influence the RFAs.