Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:55 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:43 pm Once upon a time yours truly was screaming on a fucking Canucks messageboard for fucking Gillis to CBO Luongo.

Thoughts Dude?
It's true. Oh it's so true.

So was it Gillis who wouldn't or was it Aquabros who nixed it because of the pure dollars it would have cost? I'm going with the latter, because recapture penalties cost nothing, they just make it harder for the current management to do their job. Ownership can sit back and just point a finger at the GM while saving 7 figures worth of cash every year.

Although, at the time, CBO'ing Luongo might have seen like the right move in the long term, it would have precluded the Canucks ever having Bo Horvat as we would have had to keep Schneider as our starter because Luongo would not have been eligible to re-sign with Vancouver.....and I know for a fact that during that window of time where CBO's were permitted there was at least one poster on a f***ing Canucks messageboard who was tossing Panic-Attack Schneider under the bus for his mental health issues on a regular basis.

Your thoughts Blob?
Since I hated Schneids, I would've been all over a Schneids for 13th overall trade no?

Luongo bought out or not.

And gotta love how the Gillis-apologists try to blame the owners who have never had a problem spending! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:45 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:20 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:08 pm Canucks could have traded for Luongo avoiding his retirement and allowing him to go on LTIR (which from the reports was what he had intended to go on but was convinced otherwise by the Panthers).
Would you mind linking to those "reports"?
Here is one. I believe I also heard it listening to Sportsnet 650. You're quite the web sleuth so I'll leave the rest to you.

https://www.tsn.ca/luongo-retires-hitti ... -1.1328964
"The Panthers actually encouraged Luongo to retire instead of seeking a long-term injury exception"

Yeahno, that link doesn't say "he had intended to go on LTIR".

Lou probably decided to call it a career and wasn't sure as to the which way to go about ending it contract-wise.

Cats: "It would be best for us if you just retired, rather than go the LTIR route."

Lou: "Okay, sure"

You said Canucks could have traded for Luongo... and then LTIRed him.

How do you know Florida gave Vancouver that option?

Perhaps Florida (and Lou) preferred to have the big Luongo Celebration this fall.

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:20 pm If you don't think he would have gone the path of an extra $3.6 Million cash without being convinced otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.
Well if you're right about that I don't know what to tell you.

Other then to say, if he wanted LTIR he could have simply asked at that point for a trade to Vancouver.

Sorry I shat all over your little fantasy narrative there friend...
:lol: Your throwing shit at the wall and hoping that it somehow sticks doesn't quite equate to what you think it does.

But good effort.

So Luongo wasn't convinced to give up an extra $3.6 Million Cash - Now that sounds like a fantasy narrative.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Him throwing shit at the wall is how the Dude learned.

Monkey see monkey do
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:52 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:55 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:43 pm Once upon a time yours truly was screaming on a fucking Canucks messageboard for fucking Gillis to CBO Luongo.

Thoughts Dude?
It's true. Oh it's so true.

So was it Gillis who wouldn't or was it Aquabros who nixed it because of the pure dollars it would have cost? I'm going with the latter, because recapture penalties cost nothing, they just make it harder for the current management to do their job. Ownership can sit back and just point a finger at the GM while saving 7 figures worth of cash every year.

Although, at the time, CBO'ing Luongo might have seen like the right move in the long term, it would have precluded the Canucks ever having Bo Horvat as we would have had to keep Schneider as our starter because Luongo would not have been eligible to re-sign with Vancouver.....and I know for a fact that during that window of time where CBO's were permitted there was at least one poster on a f***ing Canucks messageboard who was tossing Panic-Attack Schneider under the bus for his mental health issues on a regular basis.

Your thoughts Blob?
Since I hated Schneids, I would've been all over a Schneids for 13th overall trade no?

Luongo bought out or not.
I assumed that much. But it would have left us with a gianormous hole between the pipes, and at that time many still thought that with a couple little tweaks the team still had one more kick at the can in their current window. Obviously it would have forced the reset a year earlier though.
And gotta love how the Gillis-apologists try to blame the owners who have never had a problem spending! :lol:
Well I'd hardly call my self a Gillis-apologist. I think he screwed up royally all over the place, and despite my questions about Elmer's competence when it comes to contract and trade negotiations, I do think he's an overall significant improvement on GMMG.....and his latest contract talks with Edler bear out that he is getting better in that department.

There did seem to be a bit more of a special relationship between ownership and Louie than you see between most players and owners, maybe it was a mafia connection of sorts? :P So when it came to him I think ownership was more involved. As I said, that poster on a f***ing Canucks message board who was calling for a CBO way back then was not wrong in calling for it. I just think that it would have been a situation that ownership would have been more involved with, and I also suspect that it was a situation that Gillis just simply did not have the balls to deal with himself.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

.The day; . The visit:
.James Duthie

@tsnjamesduthie
Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini came to Luongo's house in Florida and told him about the Schneider trade moments before it was announced.
3:36 PM - 30 Jun 2013

(https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2013/6/ ... -schneider)
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:56 pm :lol: Your throwing shit at the wall and hoping that it somehow sticks doesn't quite equate to what you think it does.

But good effort.

So Luongo wasn't convinced to give up an extra $3.6 Million Cash - Now that sounds like a fantasy narrative.
This started with your feel-bad fantasy narrative that had no basis in reality.

(you throwing shit at the wall)

I merely countered with some more realistic alternatives

... in order to expose the stench of your wall-shit.

But thanks for coming out...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sounds like the Canucks and Boeser are getting closer to a finalized contract.
Rick Dhaliwal:

The #Canucks and Brock Boeser are getting closer to a new contract but still work to be done and neither side budging.

Deal is there to be made, get this thing done
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Brocks agent digging in. Wonder where they started at....8?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The longer Jimmy takes in re-signing Brock, the more team friendly the contract is likely to be.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Six days until Boeser plays in Da Beauty League, think he'll do it without insurance when he turned down the WC for that same reason? Nuh uh.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

With all the young guys signing five year deals, is the the way Boeser wants to go? He is a good old by from Minny and has his family and his posse there. If he will only take the five is he a guy you look to move in the next couple years? I’m a fan of the kid but if the deal is five years it puts him to UFA at conclusion. Maybe a bridge is better but then you have that contract bumping up against Petey and Hughes
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 pm Six days until Boeser plays in Da Beauty League, think he'll do it without insurance when he turned down the WC for that same reason? Nuh duh.
Image.. .I bet.
Just waiting for the right time to announce it. People will be saying "all is lost all is lost, then wham! It's just a theory, I'm probably wrong... :devil:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

No Micky, your quite likely right and may I suggest to you that a new contract for Brock will likely be announced
this coming Monday or Tuesday which would make perfect sense cause if I'm not mistaken, I believe Mr Boeser wants
to get on with some of Da Beauty tee full summer activities he loves.
Dont reply, it's almost lunch time.

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:36 am .
No Micky, your quite likely right and may I suggest to you that a new contract for Brock will likely be announced
this coming Monday or Tuesday which would make perfect sense cause if I'm not mistaken, I believe Mr Boeser wants
to get on with some of Da Beauty tee full summer activities he loves.
Dont reply, it's almost lunch time.

Talking to yourself?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, guess that might depict a problem, mm?

Wonder how many posters are talking, laughing, swearing, among other things when they're posting or replying to one?
"evolution"