Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by SKYO »

kinda weird we aren't hearing no news of an Boeser contract talk, no rumours, no smoke and mirrors.

Guess BB's agent and our GM are holding firm on waiting till the offseason to hammer out a deal.

If you were his agent, you'd either look at the $7M-$7.5M x 6-7 years or the bridge contract, if Boeser is happy here he'd take the 6-7 years, if he's uber confident he'll want the bridge, but as mentioned he has no arbitration rights, so his only bargaining tactic is holding/sitting out like what Trouba and Nylander did. But that strains a working relationship with the employer.

With no rumours swirling around, I think both parties calmly work out a fair deal for both sides, probably end up being 6 to 7 years, maybe even 8.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And the Edler contract talk is on hold. Makes me wonder if the cheque book hasn’t already been taken away.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:22 am kinda weird we aren't hearing no news of an Boeser contract talk, no rumours, no smoke and mirrors.

Guess BB's agent and our GM are holding firm on waiting till the offseason to hammer out a deal.

If you were his agent, you'd either look at the $7M-$7.5M x 6-7 years or the bridge contract, if Boeser is happy here he'd take the 6-7 years, if he's uber confident he'll want the bridge, but as mentioned he has no arbitration rights, so his only bargaining tactic is holding/sitting out like what Trouba and Nylander did. But that strains a working relationship with the employer.

With no rumours swirling around, I think both parties calmly work out a fair deal for both sides, probably end up being 6 to 7 years, maybe even 8.
Given Boeser's ppg over his first two full seasons (.85 thus far) is better than Nylanders (.75ppg), I wouldn't be surprised at a 7.5-8.5M ask.

He's looking at Draisaitl's deal as a comparable. If he went for the same %/Cap as LD, he'd be pushing $9.5M per season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:27 am And the Edler contract talk is on hold. Makes me wonder if the cheque book hasn’t already been taken away.
Not a lot of RFA signings there blob, so you can chill on that ha....when the Canucks season ends soon they can start with negotiations and seeing who they will qualify or let go.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:03 am Given Boeser's ppg over his first two full seasons (.85 thus far) is better than Nylanders (.75ppg), I wouldn't be surprised at a 7.5-8.5M ask.

He's looking at Draisaitl's deal as a comparable. If he went for the same %/Cap as LD, he'd be pushing $9.5M per season.
Edm has to overpay though as most players bolt outta there asap, Pronger's wife couldn't wait to get outta there.

Phil the thrill Kessel $8M
Kuznetsov $7.8M
Parise $7.538M
B. Ryan, ROR, Tarasenko $7.5M
Evander Kane, JVR UFA contract's $7M per

Canucks will compare vs
Nylander 6.9 (s-m-h dubas overpayment, leaves screwed themselves with that Tavares contract.)
Johnny Hockey $6.75
Pasta $6.6__
MacKinnon $6.3
Forsberg, Jake Guentzel, Ehlers $6
Barkov $5.9

Should be able to find a happy medium in there somewhere.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:27 am And the Edler contract talk is on hold. Makes me wonder if the cheque book hasn’t already been taken away.
Eerie quiet. All reporters doing the same thing we are, arm charing it.
Not much circulation of rumors. Weird for Vancouver.
Lotto real soon.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:03 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:22 am kinda weird we aren't hearing no news of an Boeser contract talk, no rumours, no smoke and mirrors.

Given Boeser's ppg over his first two full seasons (.85 thus far) is better than Nylanders (.75ppg), I wouldn't be surprised at a 7.5-8.5M ask.

When IN and I agree, you know it's true...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Whatever you need to tell yourself...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:29 am Edm has to overpay though as most players bolt outta there asap, Pronger's wife couldn't wait to get outta there.
Do you think that matters to the agents negotiating for Boeser? I doubt it. Not being a centre helps the Canucks, but Boeser's early stats are actually a bit better than Draisaitl's at the same time...
Phil the thrill Kessel $8M 12.44% when signed = $10.3 in 2019/20 dollars
Kuznetsov $7.8M $8.6M in 19/20 dollars
Parise $7.538M $10.4M
B. Ryan, ROR, Tarasenko $7.5M $8.7 / $8.7 / $8.5
Evander Kane, JVR UFA contract's $7M per 7.7 / 7.3

Canucks will compare vs
Nylander 6.9 (s-m-h dubas overpayment, leaves screwed themselves with that Tavares contract.)
Johnny Hockey $6.75
Pasta $6.6__
MacKinnon $6.3
Forsberg, Jake Guentzel, Ehlers $6
Barkov $5.9

Should be able to find a happy medium in there somewhere.
Boeser has a better track record through two seasons than many/most of those on that list. I think if Benning can get him for $7.5 per season, he deserves major props.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:55 pmBoeser has a better track record through two seasons than many/most of those on that list. I think if Benning can get him for $7.5 per season, he deserves major props.
Boeser's best current comparable's are Pastrnak and Gaudreau - elite young wingers.

Boeser 22
gp, g, a, pts, ppg
64 25 28 53 .83 (current)
62 29 26 55 .89

Pastrnak 22
- $6.6M
61 36 41 77 1.26 (current)
82 35 45 80 .98
75 34 36 70 .93

Johnny Gaudreau 25, signed contract when he was 22/23? his first few years. - $6.75M
72 18 43 61 .85
79 30 48 78 .99
80 24 40 64 .8

W. Nylander 22 forced Dubas to overpay him with his above avg .75 and .74 ppg, Nylander bent Dubas over the barrel and showed him the 50 states to get his 6.9m

Draisaitl is a beast, he signed his contract at 21 yrs of age, @ $8.5m aav. But Draisaitl's stats back it up, along with his big body presence and his ability to play center.
82gp 29g 48a 77pts .99 (signed contract after that)
72gp 19g 32a 51pts .71 - playoffs BEASTMODE - 13gp 6g 10a 16pts 1.23ppg

While the top 50 NHL paid players are mostly proven veteran all-stars to superstars.

It is for all these reasons and Boeser's injury proneness, that he shouldn't be given close to Leon's money, but be much closer to Pastrnak's and Gaudreau's money or W.Nylander for inflation purposes.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Gud gawd Skyo, the Pastrnak and Gaudreau contracts are the best contracts in the league

... and they were signed 2 and 3 years ago (not "current"). :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uhhh they all about the same age there SL (sans johnny boy), ya slippin' these days.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:50 pm Uhhh they all about the same age there SL, ya slippin' these days.
2 and 3 years ago are not "current" signings.

The dollars given to young star players has skyrocketed since then.

(inflation alone doesn't cover it)

And as I said, you chose the two best forward contracts in the NHL as comparisons.

I know you have spent time on this and have convinced yourself you're right, but you're way off good buddy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ok SL, we'll see who is right and wrong by this summer. :D

$7M-$7.5M for Boeser to seems just right as I've said a couple times recently (besides the infamous bridge contract you absolutely hate), anything more than $7.5M is overpayment for someone as fragile as Boeser.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm ... and they were signed 2 and 3 years ago (not "current"). :roll:
Yep. Agents aren't looking at real $$$, they are looking at a percentage of the cap.

Pastrnak's sweetheart contract would be worth $7.3 if it was signed this summer, while Johnny Hockey's deal would be worth $7.67. If Benning can get Boeser in that range ($7.5) for more than 4-5 years, he deserves serious kudos. If that's your ceiling on a longer term deal, prepare to be disappointed.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The kicker these days is payment guarantees during the coming lockout/strike.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.