Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:29 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:12 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:13 pm The only two that went after Rantanen that are as good are Barzal and Chabot. It was a darn good pick.
Brock playing with that team probably looks pretty close to rantanen.
So might Kyle Connor… but Mikko is better than both guys. It was an excellent draft though. Boston pissing the bed I the middle of the first round is legendary.
Boston would be in the same conversation as Tampa if they grabbed a combo of barzal, boeser, Connor, chabot. They would have had a seamless transition of cores. I’d have to think they’d have won another cup as well.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:53 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:13 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:45 am Yes a potato could have gotten a return of a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, Bowers, Kamenev, Girard and Hammond for Matt Duchene. Absolutely. :roll:
Lol, that was sakic’s best move, I remember thinking he needs to shit or get off the pot with that deal, but holding as long as he did paid off for him.
Drafting Rantanen at 10 was a hell of a pick. Ditto for Newhook where they got him. Or Makar the best player in his draft at 4. Yeah he’s a real bozo that Sakic. :lol:
Blob, raving about Newhook at this point is no different than counting Pod as a star NHLer.

Sincing getting gifted McKinnon, Sakic's three best draft picks since 2014 are Makar (stud), Rantanen (stud), and Jost. In fact, those are the only draft picks that could be considered NHLers.

Since 2014, Benning has drafted Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander.

Would you trade Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander for Rantanen, Makar, and Jost? I sure wouldn't.

Then you also have Benning picks contributing on other NHL teams - McCann, Forsling, Gaudette.

Then you also have the Benning prospects that are as close to NHLers as Byram and Newhook - Lockwood, Rathbone, OJ, Podklozin.

Would you trade Lockwood, Rathbone, OJ and Podkolzin for Byram and Newhook?

And Benning has done it all without a top-4 pick in any draft.

Back to my original point, I don't see Newhook and Byram - two possible NHLers who will be starting their draft+3 seasons in the AHL most likely - as enough to keep the window open once McKinnon doubles his salary.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

so has the first domino fallen? Wild re-sign Kaprizov to $45 mil over 5 years - $9 mil average.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yup Kaprizov $9 million per over 5 years. Mr. Jim Benning/Aqualini’s you cheap cunts, you’re going to lose this one, suck it up buttercups, the market dictates.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Olaf is now just as close to the NHL as Byram and Lockwood the same as Newhook. You can’t make this shit up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm Lol Olaf is now just as close to the NHL as Byram and Lockwood the same as Newhook. You can’t make this shit up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is Byram bumping out Girard, Toews or Murray in the top-6?

And Blob calls him a "top pairing D" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, Byram's been touched by Joe, so I guess he's got that in common with Tanner :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What I want to know, is Doyle still picking Turcotte ahead of Podkolzin in a re-draft
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Benning Ball Washers are the best. Lotsa sperm in their mouths. Curious if it entered that way or up the ass. Nobody can be this stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:07 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm Lol Olaf is now just as close to the NHL as Byram and Lockwood the same as Newhook. You can’t make this shit up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, Byram's been touched by Joe, so I guess he's got that in common with Tanner :lol:
Byram was scratched in the playoffs. Girard was getting lit up in the playoffs defensively like the torches around Doyle’s Tiki bar in his backyard on a Friday night
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:08 pm What I want to know, is Doyle still picking Turcotte ahead of Podkolzin in a re-draft
I'd like to know if he's still taking Newhook over Hoglander :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Did I say he was top pairing currently?

This oughta be good. :drink:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Boy Vin, you sure escalated quickly. I didn't realize how deep your love for Sakic goes.

Hmm, wait a minute...Blob and Sakic...getting rough at late-night hockey matches back in the mid-70s...I wonder if this was the song playing:

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Did I say he was top pairing currently?

This oughta be good. :drink:
Tell ya what, you answer either of my questions and I'll answer yours:

Would you trade Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander for Rantanen, Makar, and Jost?

Lockwood, Rathbone, OJ and Podkolzin for Byram and Newhook?

Finally, what were you wearing the first time you met Sakic? Or did it happen in the locker room showers down at the rec centre?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Byram was scratched in the playoffs. Girard was getting lit up in the playoffs defensively like the torches around Doyle’s Tiki bar in his backyard on a Friday night
Byram was injured most of the back half of the year you raging pisstank. Remember when you announced to the board that Drysadale was Canada’s best D at the WJC. Drysdale played 7 minutes in the final and Byram led the team with more than 20 minutes. I linked it and you scurried into a hole. Good times. You had no response and tucked your tail. It was fucking beautiful
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Byram was injured most of the back half of the year you raging pisstank. Remember when you announced to the board that Drysadale was Canada’s best D at the WJC. Drysdale played 7 minutes in the final and Byram led the team with more than 20 minutes. I linked it and you scurried into a hole. Good times. You had no response and tucked your tail. It was fucking beautiful
Doyle is calling Byram the next Bobby Orr after limited viewings. Just like he did with that bum Quinton “the lifeless” Byfield.