Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

I honestly think it simply comes down to how low will Edler go on what I believe to be a 3 year deal, "with" the goodie attached.
Retire as a Canuck, yada, yada.
But obviously, he has an agent speaking on his behalf to the Canucks. That agent in "any", length or clause circumstance,
is going to be stating, loud and clear, Edler's value is at least 7 million per year. It isn't, but that's what they do.

I just don't think this is going to work and IMO, Edler will hit the FA market.
So that would be one less defender.

Now, here's my problem; I don't want to move forward with Ben Hutton, at all, no matter how low he'll go.
I think the Canucks can get a pick for him if they're tricky.
1- Trade him before the draft. (that would involve an agreement of sorts with the interested party, if any).
2- Sign him, avoid arbitration, then trade him for a pick next year.

I guess some may say, just make sure he'a available for Seattle. They wont want him, bank on it.

I suppose I'm quite adamant about old Smiley not playing any more for the Canucks because I'm about 95% sure
we've seen the best he's got.
And; unfortunately, he sees himself and some of the young players we are going to be moving forward with long term, as part of
the NEW & IMPROVED Canucks core. No,you are not, Ben, really.
He is liked. All the more reason to move him.
That's two less defenders.

That's life, deal with it.

I see absolutely nothing to indicate the Canucks are interested in Moving Chris Tanev.
I would but cause of that injury habit.
Besides, that would be three.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What the fuck is a goodie?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:37 am Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is the expansion draft not in June of 2021?

This would mean that If Edler were to sign a two-year deal, only his first year would have a full NMC, while his 2nd would be a NTC thus leaving him exposed.

Count me in on the EK train. Front load the deal and pair him with Edler and you have a very dynamic first pairing.
The NHL ruled in the Vegas draft that players with a NMC that were expiring June 30 of the draft year did not need to be protected. So even though his contract is still technically in effect at the expansion draft it would presumably be expiring a few weeks later, June 30.

This is why we can give him a full NMC on a two year deal but not beyond. However, we could give him a 3-4 year deal with a NMC if Edler would agree ahead of time to waive it for the expansion draft. Something I’m sure he won’t want to do. Although Vancouver and Seattle are in close proximity and it wouldn’t be a huge move for him to make, he would be stuck on an expansion team for the remainder of his contract.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:53 am What the fuck is a goodie?
RELATED WORDS
premium, offering, grant, bonus, relief, tip, benefit, award, souvenir, subsidy, favor, donation, legacy, contribution, reward, endowment, tribute, present, allowance, giveaway
Dictionary. com>>>>Image
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Wonder if MR. I don't get the right kind of line mates Eriksson has had a chat with the Canucks since his
wee lil tyrade from afar?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm just a messenger reporting what's out there, OK?
Irfaan Gaffar
‏Verified account
@sportsnetirf

#Canucks and Boeser camp expected to meet again soon. Told the two sides are not close at all.
10:20 AM - 30 May 2019
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

micky107 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:55 am I'm just a messenger reporting what's out there, OK?
Irfaan Gaffar
‏Verified account
@sportsnetirf

#Canucks and Boeser camp expected to meet again soon. Told the two sides are not close at all.
I’d be curious to know the numbers, but I think they need to take a harder line with Brock, because the negotiations won’t get any easier in the years to come. He’s not arbitration-eligible, so now is the time to play hard ball.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:29 am
micky107 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:55 am I'm just a messenger reporting what's out there, OK?
Irfaan Gaffar
‏Verified account
@sportsnetirf

I’d be curious to know the numbers, but I think they need to take a harder line with Brock, because the negotiations won’t get any easier in the years to come. He’s not arbitration-eligible, so now is the time to play hard ball.
I say just lock him up for 8x8 and be done with it. It’ll be like Draisaitl’s contract where initially it’ll be high but a bargain in a couple of years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet;
The number of restricted free agents the Vancouver Canucks organization needs to make decisions on this off-season is in the double digits.

The top priority among the team’s RFAs is star winger Brock Boeser, but according to Sportsnet’s Irfaan Gaffar the two sides are not close to a deal.

Boeser is among the more accomplished players in the stacked 2019 RFA class that includes: Sebastian Aho, Mikko Rantanen, Mitch Marner, Matthew Tkachuk, Kyle Connor, Patrik Laine, Brayden Point, William Karlsson, Timo Meier, Kevin Labanc, Jakub Vrana and Travis Konecny…to name a few.

It didn’t take long for Boeser to show NHL fans he had a knack for the back of the net. He buried four times in his first eight NHL games after leaving the University of North Dakota and was the Calder Trophy runner-up in his first full season. His 0.42 goals per game over the past two seasons is the 25th-best mark in the NHL and he’s coming off a career-high 56-point season during which he scored 26 goals in 69 games.

It’s unclear at this point whether or not Boeser and the team prefer to negotiate a long-term contract or if either side would be willing to settle for a bridge deal.

Boeser is 22, the same age Bo Horvat was when Canucks general manager Jim Benning signed him to a six-year, $33-million contract two years ago when he was an RFA.

Nikolay Goldobin, Ben Hutton and Josh Leivo are among the other notable Canucks RFAs this year.

Veteran winger Loui Eriksson is currently the Canucks’ highest-paid player with his $6-million annual cap hit. In theory, Boeser’s cap hit should exceed that.
My opinion? Agent stirring up the poop pile...They've been known to do that.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

If they can sign him for 8, do it now before he's a perennial 40 goal scorer.

I suppose it's possible his agent is pushing for 40-goal money, but this is the one time in the next several years that Benning will have some leverage to get that AAV down.

I wouldn't want to bargain away years in duration to save $1-2 mil on the cap.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ben Hankinson, Brock Boeser's agent; May as well find out about the guy, huh?

Here's two links; From the same area #1
Looking to make young BB is crown achievement ? #2
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... p?pid=2130
https://puckpedia.com/agent/ben-hankinson
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:45 am If they can sign him for 8, do it now before he's a perennial 40 goal scorer.

I suppose it's possible his agent is pushing for 40-goal money, but this is the one time in the next several years that Benning will have some leverage to get that AAV down.

I wouldn't want to bargain away years in duration to save $1-2 mil on the cap.
Best push by his agent, but he could be sniping in goals via Petey for the next while, he's like Adam Oates mixed with Datsyuk.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Remember Brock was doing just fine in his rookie year, and likely would have won the Calder without his injury - imagine the Canucks with TWO Calders in a row?

He's a natural sniper and the best we had seen since Bure - and is right up there with Elias. Of course, EP has the complete game and makes others better - but Brock is still a star without him.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 am Remember Brock was doing just fine in his rookie year, and likely would have won the Calder without his injury - imagine the Canucks with TWO Calders in a row?

He's a natural sniper and the best we had seen since Bure - and is right up there with Elias. Of course, EP has the complete game and makes others better - but Brock is still a star without him.
Absolutely right. That back injury was bad and we and he are very lucky Brock and his trainers dealt with it and did not rush anything.
Looked like he had a slow first half last year but IMO, it was still in a recovery, strengthening mode.
I've seen many come and go but really think Brock has the skill, drive and head-smarts to be one of the best.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Just pay Boeser 7 mill for 8 years and be done with it. I would even go as high as 7.5 actually. The bridge contracts seem to be disappearing in the NHL BTW.