Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:16 pm So for the foreseeable future, the team will be without veterans Brandon Sutter and Travis Hamonic. Depth guys who were to be counted on to protect leads, kill penalties and provide leadership. Given the unpredictability of Sutter’s condition and hush hush uncertainty of Hamonic’s, it could be safe to assume neither will be suiting up before the NewYear, if at all this season.
Jimmy seemed to be hoping Hambone would be good to go by the time the team gets back from this 6 game road trip.

Though he said Sutter will be out a long time.

Just in time for the playoffs? Is he this season's Kucherov? :wink:

Seriously though, I feel like Lammikko will fill in nicely for Sutter...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:16 pm So for the foreseeable future, the team will be without veterans Brandon Sutter and Travis Hamonic. Depth guys who were to be counted on to protect leads, kill penalties and provide leadership. Given the unpredictability of Sutter’s condition and hush hush uncertainty of Hamonic’s, it could be safe to assume neither will be suiting up before the NewYear, if at all this season.
Hopefully they'll both be back. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and they'll both come back fresh and hungry and help us go into a deep playoff run. :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:20 am
Hopefully they'll both be back. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and they'll both come back fresh and hungry and help us go into a deep playoff run. :D
We're calling them cup runs now

:mex:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 am What happened the last time you inexplicably and repeatedly shit all over a young Avs player? His name is Nathan something…. or was it Cale? You know the guy who ‘shouldn’t have even been a first round pick’

You’re 0/2, pretty sure you’ll be 0/3 if we look back on this post in a year or two. :lol:
:mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nathan McKinnon is 37th in scoring - 1 goal 7 assists. Should we be concerned? Are we gonna have to rely on McDavid alone to beat the high flying Americans at the Olympics?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

:lol:

Like a fiddle eh Chef?

:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:27 am Nathan McKinnon is 37th in scoring - 1 goal 7 assists. Should we be concerned? Are we gonna have to rely on McDavid alone to beat the high flying Americans at the Olympics?
He has 10 points in 7 games. What is there to worry about exactly?

You will be cheering for the Americans anyways.

I’d be more concerned about 6ft 2 127 pound Elias Pettersson. He has 5 points in 11 games.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I see the same discombobulation with Pettersson as the laughs saw with Nylander after signed his contract (also held out, missed camp but Willie held out longer)

He may end up being a dud all year just like WN. The good news long term is he came around and is a much better player now
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hughes 2 goals 5 assists
Makar 2 goals 4 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 am I see the same discombobulation with Pettersson as the laughs saw with Nylander after signed his contract (also held out, missed camp but Willie held out longer)

He may end up being a dud all year just like WN. The good news long term is he came around and is a much better player now
Not worried about Petey at all
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:38 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 am I see the same discombobulation with Pettersson as the laughs saw with Nylander after signed his contract (also held out, missed camp but Willie held out longer)

Not worried about Petey at all
What if it takes til next year?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 am Hughes 2 goals 5 assists
Makar 2 goals 4 assists
Basically identical stats. How is Byram doing?

Lol as the Chef ignores Mack has 10 points in 7 games.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2019 top two picks per team

Colorado

Byram
Newhook

Vancouver

Podkolzin
Hoglander

Who won? Remember. Byram was drafted well ahead of Podkolzin and Newhook well ahead of Hoglander
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:01 am 2019 top two picks per team

Colorado

Byram
Newhook

Vancouver

Podkolzin
Hoglander

Who won? Remember. Byram was drafted well ahead of Podkolzin and Newhook well ahead of Hoglander
I think both teams like their players. Is that so bad? Is it hard to understand? I guess with the fourteen crows I just jammed in your mouth you find it hard to communicate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:03 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:01 am 2019 top two picks per team

Colorado

Byram
Newhook

Vancouver

Podkolzin
Hoglander

I think both teams like their players. Is that so bad? Is it hard to understand? I guess with the fourteen crows I just jammed in your mouth you find it hard to communicate.
The Podkolzin/Hoglander pair will prove to be far better than your Sakic duo. I’d even wager a bet