Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:06 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:31 pm Looks like parting ways may be the best thing
What would you expect to get in return?
I think people will be surprised by what teams are willing to give up for Bo. The haul won’t be as good as some expect.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:13 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:31 pm Looks like parting ways may be the best thing
I think people will be surprised by what teams are willing to give up for Bo. The haul won’t be as good as some expect.
Dude if you're getting worked up by Rick "Player's Agent Doormat" Dhaliwal, it's time to take a break from Canucks Twitter.

I couldn't understand why there were so many posts about trading Bo until I made the mistake of turning on SN650 for 5 minutes, where that's all they have to talk about.

If Allvin couldn't bring himself to trade Miller or Boeser, there's no way he brings himself to trade Horvat.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:13 am
So by your logic, if ‘the haul won’t be as good’ why expect a big contract?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:36 am
If Allvin couldn't bring himself to trade Miller or Boeser, there's no way he brings himself to trade Horvat.
Three completely different situations. Boeser had little to no value (maybe negative considering his QO). Miller, they obviously thought the offers were weak. They ended up getting him at a fair bit lower price than I thought it would cost. They doubled back and did a deal to lock him up long term. With Bo this is negotiations. Happens all the time and yet people like Chef107 run around with their hair on fire and pissing their pants.

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with Allvin not being able to bring himself to trade any of these guys.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:14 am I don’t think it’s got anything to do with Allvin not being able to bring himself to trade any of these guys.
Exactly - if there's a hockey trade to made that a GM thinks will make his team better, it will happen.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BO2max should only get Nuge dollars no more.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Unfortunately it appears he hasn’t earned more than nuge money :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

As Blob says, the Miller and Boeser situations were different and each had their set of circumstances, and a deal around $6.65 million per with term should be seen as fair by both sides. The sooner, the better, if only to shut the media up.

I question whether he's the right fit as captain going forward.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:38 pm Bieksa to retire as a Canuck on November 3 against the Anaheim Ducks.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -336334812
It was supposed to take place prior to covid, and no doubt a confused Benning would have given him a NMC.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:48 am BO2max should only get Nuge dollars no more.
Yes he should make 1.5 million less than Boeser. Or slightly more than Birdbones. :lol:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:01 am
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:38 pm Bieksa to retire as a Canuck on November 3 against the Anaheim Ducks.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -336334812
It was supposed to take place prior to covid, and no doubt a confused Benning would have given him a NMC.
Luongo chimes in:
Strombone wrote:
Second worst contract in franchise history
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:35 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:48 am BO2max should only get Nuge dollars no more.
Yes he should make 1.5 million less than Boeser. Or slightly more than Birdbones. :lol:
100%
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:06 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:35 am
100%
Yes he’s slightly better than 30 point man Brandon Sutter. If we go by your math, Horvat’s should get 5.1 million, then Sutter shouldn’t have gotten a penny more than 2.55 million and maybe less considering a slight cap increase since Birdbaby signed that deal. So that means Sutter’s contract was hideous doesn’t it?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^30 years from now on his deathbed; in a raspy whisper...

"The... Sutter.... and Eriksson... contracts were... hideous..."

We'll put it on your tombstone buds! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:41 pm .
^30 years from now on his deathbed; in a raspy whisper...

"The... Sutter.... and Eriksson... contracts were... hideous..."

We'll put it on your tombstone buds! :thumbs:
Aaahhh to have 30…… :cry:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….