Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:58 pm Byfield doesn’t have a competitive bone in his body. If he had Lockwood’s drive the Kings would have a player
How bout Olli? He really seems like a competitor :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All I know and care about is that Benning has done way better than the Kings in the first round of the last 5 drafts

Garland better than Clarke
Miller better than Byfield
Podkolzin better than Turcotte
Hughes better than Kupari
Pettersson better than Vilardi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 pm All I know and care about is isggghhhjjhhweeefghhthnnnbbnndddcBbbddddhhhhhiiiiddddffffkkksssvv
Thanks for clearing that up.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 pm All I know and care about is isggghhhjjhhweeefghhthnnnbbnndddcBbbddddhhhhhiiiiddddffffkkksssvv
What group would you rather have?

Garland
Miller
Podkolzin
Hughes
Pettersson

Or

Clarke
Byfield
Turcotte
Kupari
Vilardi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:59 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:58 pm Byfield doesn’t have a competitive bone in his body. If he had Lockwood’s drive the Kings would have a player
Injuries!
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Garland
Miller
Podkolzin
Hughes
Pettersson

Or

Clarke
Byfield
Turcotte
Kupari
Vilardi
Rob Blake should be ashamed of himself
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:37 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Garland
Miller
Podkolzin
Hughes
Pettersson

Or

Clarke
Byfield
Turcotte
Kupari
Vilardi
Rob Blake should be ashamed of himself
He should be fired, IMO

They could be so much better
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm
Injuries!
And Covid! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:48 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm
Injuries!
And Covid! :drink:
Doyle just doesn't have the patience for prospect development
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Pretty fortunate to have Hoglander at his ELC this and next season.

But I'd plan for a long-term deal for Hogs after that, I'd give him a Viktor Arvidsson contract.
7 years, $29,750,000 contract. ($4.25M AAV). He'll be worth it imesho, no bonuses, base salary $4.25m per, no trade clauses.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

JP Barry was saying, via Donny & Dhalli this morning, they were close to getting a five year deal done with Pettersson, just couldn't quite make it work financially. so they did the three. He said all through the process, the negotiations were amicable on both Canuck players.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:25 am Pretty fortunate to have Hoglander at his ELC this and next season.

But I'd plan for a long-term deal for Hogs after that, I'd give him a Viktor Arvidsson contract.
7 years, $29,750,000 contract. ($4.25M AAV). He'll be worth it imesho, no bonuses, base salary $4.25m per, no trade clauses.
Way to early to start giving it away. Better off to wait until next offseason, re evaluate how he has developed, then let JB do his RFA magic.

The man has RFA signings figured out. If he could just get those UFA things sorted (and stop hemmoraging 2nds) he would be awesome.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:25 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:25 am Pretty fortunate to have Hoglander at his ELC this and next season.

Way to early to start giving it away. Better off to wait until next offseason, re evaluate how he has developed, then let JB do his RFA magic.

The man has RFA signings figured out. If he could just get those UFA things sorted (and stop hemmoraging 2nds) he would be awesome.
He's well on his way to becoming the next Chris Higgins
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

So for the foreseeable future, the team will be without veterans Brandon Sutter and Travis Hamonic. Depth guys who were to be counted on to protect leads, kill penalties and provide leadership. Given the unpredictability of Sutter’s condition and hush hush uncertainty of Hamonic’s, it could be safe to assume neither will be suiting up before the NewYear, if at all this season.

In hindsight, I wonder if Jim would have preferred Alex Edler at 3.5 rather than Ham at 3. Also, would Sutter have had to pass a physical upon (re)signing?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:16 pm So for the foreseeable future, the team will be without veterans Brandon Sutter and Travis Hamonic. Depth guys who were to be counted on to protect leads, kill penalties and provide leadership. Given the unpredictability of Sutter’s condition and hush hush uncertainty of Hamonic’s, it could be safe to assume neither will be suiting up before the NewYear, if at all this season.

In hindsight, I wonder if Jim would have preferred Alex Edler at 3.5 rather than Ham at 3. Also, would Sutter have had to pass a physical upon (re)signing?
Edler is left side and horrific on the right side. Hamonic is a RHD.....that's why he was re-signed.

Sutter trained all summer into August before there were any of these symptoms.

I wonder when he got vaccinated? (Actually wondering not being snarky).