Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Rodin I think becomes FA due to the number of games he didn't play. Age plus lack of required NHL games and he's UFA. I'd wait until July for sure before deciding on him. But he's not worth anymore than his current deal.

I'd resign Chaput, Boucher and let Megna go. I'm fine bringing Skille back on another PTO and seeing.

Gudbranson ya I'd do a two year 3-4 million per. Horvat 8x6, Trymakin 2 year 2.5-3 per. Hutton got 2x2.8 so I could see Trymakin getting similar.
Agreed. Except Gudbranson is going to be closer $4M - $4.5M. He makes $3.5M right now...
A good summer would be Bo at $6x5. ending just befoer UFA, or $6x8. Goober has already shown he's a gamer when not injured. I'd do $4.5 for 4 years.

Boucher and Rodin need to come back for the waiver amount ($975,000)

Groot is a mystery. I like the idea of a 2 year bridge, at about $2 per. He's earned a raise, but he needs to show more commitment to the team before he gets a big payday.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:A good question to ask is; Who would you rather see as number one, for a year or two, with Demko backing him up and getting use to NHL goaltending?

I like Miller.
Markstrom has been sandbagged by the coach and then injured. He hasn't gotten a fair shake this season. So if they deal Markstrom and Demko doesn't pan out the team has a 40 year old Miller to pin their hopes on in a few years.

Mismanagement of assets at its finest.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Agree to disagree ;)
For whatever reason, I question Markstrom's durability more than old man Miller's.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Tciso wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Rodin I think becomes FA due to the number of games he didn't play. Age plus lack of required NHL games and he's UFA. I'd wait until July for sure before deciding on him. But he's not worth anymore than his current deal.

I'd resign Chaput, Boucher and let Megna go. I'm fine bringing Skille back on another PTO and seeing.

Gudbranson ya I'd do a two year 3-4 million per. Horvat 8x6, Trymakin 2 year 2.5-3 per. Hutton got 2x2.8 so I could see Trymakin getting similar.
Agreed. Except Gudbranson is going to be closer $4M - $4.5M. He makes $3.5M right now...
A good summer would be Bo at $6x5. ending just befoer UFA, or $6x8. Goober has already shown he's a gamer when not injured. I'd do $4.5 for 4 years.

Groot is a mystery. I like the idea of a 2 year bridge, at about $2 per. He's earned a raise, but he needs to show more commitment to the team before he gets a big payday.
Who is Goober and Groooot
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:Agree to disagree ;)
For whatever reason, I question Markstrom's durability more than old man Miller's.
So Einstein if Demko flames out is Miller good for another five years ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Who is Goober and Groooot
Getting as bad as Skyo and Odd Todd with the faggotty nicknames
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:Agree to disagree ;)
So Einstein if Demko flames out is Miller good for another five years ?
Nope, but I still don't see Marky as a 60+game guy either.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Wasn't going to do this just yet, but I'll touch on 4.

I think Gaunce will get rewarded a bit with a 2 year 1.2 per. He'll take it with a smile but it wont be one-way.
This will be management's little signal to others, that hard work pays off.

Gudbranson is interesting. I think he really wants to be in Vancouver and may supersede his agent a bit.
I think he knows it's only been a small sample size and wants to prove more! So I think he's kind and signs a bridge for 2, maybe even 1 year. 4 mil. maybe even 3.8.

The other two biggies wont be easy.

I think everyone's mouths will be hanging open when they hear what Tryamkin and his camp wants.
Lets just say far in excess of Ben Hutton money.
He is getting noticed big-time around the league, see where this goes.

If the Canucks want to go 7 or the full 8 with Horvat, I don't even know if 6.5 per, does it.
It's not just a matter of comparables now, it's projecting as well.
Maybe 6.8, maybe.

Armchair stuff right now.
I think what has to happen first, or close, to the conclusion of the regular season, is a decision on the coaching staff and even the style of play the team wants to move forward with as I think this has an impact on contract negotiations.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Getting as bad as Skyo and Odd Todd with the faggotty nicknames
I see.

And what kind of a nickname do you consider "Odd Todd" to be? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol blob still drunk at 11am.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Goober = Gudbranson
Groot = Tryamkin
Gobby = Goldobin
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

JB should just say fuck it & give Bo $5.3m per x 8 years making Brayden Schenn and Jeff Carter money.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

micky107 wrote: Gudbranson is interesting. I think he really wants to be in Vancouver and may supersede his agent a bit.
I think he knows it's only been a small sample size and wants to prove more! So I think he's kind and signs a bridge for 2, maybe even 1 year. 4 mil. maybe even 3.8.
To even retain Gudbranson we have to qualify him at 100% = $3.5M. He could also elect arbitration, which might get interesting if he stats throwing out Orpik as a comparable.

Might be able to sell him on a 1-year $4M, but chances are he bolts as a UFA next year, possibly back to Florida.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote:JB should just say fuck it & give Bo $5.3m per x 8 years making Brayden Schenn and Jeff Carter money.

I would take that in a heartbeat.
It would look real good when he is 26-27 years old
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Canucks, Benning in particular, really need to devote attentions to scouting and potential moves to move forward and the sooner the better.
The Horvat negotiations are in full swing and at the critical point right now.
Would love to see that wrapped up this weekend. It would help, no end.
"evolution"