Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

Still haven't heard a thing on a contract for Horvat other than the million apart.
Bo said he wasn't attending the Worlds so he could devote full attention to these talks.
As it's looking, they really could have used him, maybe too much.
An injury is not something that would be a good thing for anyone with this going on.

Hope it's progressing well. It's kind of a landmark contract for our future.

In general, around the league, seems less players wanting to take part in this tourney.
Probably because we just had something similar in October.

Not the right thread but having the next two Olympics, in Asia, almost in the same time zone is stupid.
I know about big, big, money, maybe, but twice? Shouldn't happen.

I'm actually sorry the Canucks have to have their pre-season messed up this year. We really don't need this crap right now.....
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote:Still haven't heard a thing on a contract for Horvat other than the million apart.
Horvat's agent is probably using Scheifele's $6,125,000 per year contract is a comparable, or Barkov's $5.9M per.

While Canucks probably countered with Trocheck's $4.75m per.

Seguin is at 5.75, Tavares 5.5, BSchenn $5.125m

I think I'd be ok buying more UFA years and just give Bo $5.5M per x 8, hell 5.75M per.

I'd wager Scheifele got that contract because it was Winnipeg and nobody really wants to live in Winnipeg ya know unless they were born there or are heavily overpaid.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Now I'm just hoping they get something done before camp.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:Now I'm just hoping they get something done before camp.
Benning said this contract might take all summer, patience Mickster...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:
micky107 wrote:Still haven't heard a thing on a contract for Horvat other than the million apart.
Horvat's agent is probably using Scheifele's $6,125,000 per year contract is a comparable, or Barkov's $5.9M per.

While Canucks probably countered with Trocheck's $4.75m per.

Seguin is at 5.75, Tavares 5.5, BSchenn $5.125m

I think I'd be ok buying more UFA years and just give Bo $5.5M per x 8, hell 5.75M per.

I'd wager Scheifele got that contract because it was Winnipeg and nobody really wants to live in Winnipeg ya know unless they were born there or are heavily overpaid.
Bo's agent is an idiot if he's trying to use Scheifele's contract as any kind of leverage or league-wide precedent. If Bo can score 61 in 71 then his agent can talk about that kind of money.

I'd wager Scheifele got that contract because it was Winnipeg and nobody else who drafted him, and Cheveldayoff knew on draft day, and he knew last summer, that he had a first line center on his team who would turn around and reward him, which he did, with 82 points in 79 games to finish 7th overall in scoring.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sutter can fill in on the second line.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The way the Sedin boys declined last season I'd say the 2nd line belongs to them.

Better save Sutter for 1st line duty.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The way the Sedin boys declined last season I'd say the 2nd line belongs to them.

Better save Sutter for 1st line duty.
Indeed. An early trail for the tanker.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote:
Indeed. An early trail for the tanker.
With all those one on 3 rushes that fizzle into the corner off his stick we could call him captain Joe Hazelwood
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Rodin I think becomes FA due to the number of games he didn't play. Age plus lack of required NHL games and he's UFA. I'd wait until July for sure before deciding on him. But he's not worth anymore than his current deal.

I'd resign Chaput, Boucher and let Megna go. I'm fine bringing Skille back on another PTO and seeing.

Gudbranson ya I'd do a two year 3-4 million per. Horvat 8x6, Trymakin 2 year 2.5-3 per. Hutton got 2x2.8 so I could see Trymakin getting similar.
Agreed. Except Gudbranson is going to be closer $4M - $4.5M. He makes $3.5M right now...
Well surprise to us all Guds accepts a one year 3.5m contract!

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -289942970
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol like he had any leverage. Not a bad contract but wouldn't have minded three years at close to 4 annually. If he has a good year you have to really pay him or you have to move him.
K
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol like he had any leverage. Not a bad contract but wouldn't have minded three years at close to 4 annually. If he has a good year you have to really pay him or you have to move him.
K
The Canucks will have $14m cap space next year when the Sedins' contract expires.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol like he had any leverage. Not a bad contract but wouldn't have minded three years at close to 4 annually. If he has a good year you have to really pay him or you have to move him.
K
He's a UFA next summer, so yeah. He needs to either be re-upped by Christmas or moved at the deadline.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
K
He's a UFA next summer, so yeah. He needs to either be re-upped by Christmas or moved at the deadline.
It's hard explaining things to children and their doctor
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So. The hillbilly/INbred translation of ^^^Hatfield and McCcoy's^^^ opinion(s) regarding the Gudbranson signing? A good signing? Lack of hillbilly hissy fitting on their part must mean they like it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau