The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Mickey107 »

.Not yet! But we'll sure as hell be a lot closer if at some point during the 2019/2020 season,
if you punch in Vancouver Canuck's current roster anywhere on Google, the names Eriksson and Sutter
are no where to be seen.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:11 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am We absolutely DON’T know if Tryamkin will return.
Recent reports indicate he will return to the NHL within the next coupla years.

Either he returns to YOUR Vancouver Canucks or Jimbro trades him for some nice assets.

Not sure why you paint everything in a negative light, it's almost like you had some hidden agenda. :wink:
Out of curiosity Doc, what are the nice assets that we got back for Tryamkin? I must have missed that.

Or is he still coming back to YOUR Vancouver Canucks?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am We absolutely DON’T know if Tryamkin will return.

Either he returns to YOUR Vancouver Canucks or Jimbro trades him for some nice assets.

Not sure why you paint everything in a negative light, it's almost like you had some hidden agenda. :wink:
Out of curiosity Doc, what are the nice assets that we got back for Tryamkin? I must have missed that.

via Dhaliwal
Todd Diamond : Jim did tell me there was interest in Nikita at the trade deadline.
In theory we could deal his rights for something in case some team wants to offer him a contract he can't refuse in the future.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 am

via Dhaliwal
Todd Diamond : Jim did tell me there was interest in Nikita at the trade deadline.
In theory we could deal his rights for something in case some team wants to offer him a contract he can't refuse in the future.
My understanding is that you can't offer a contract to a player already under contract in the KHL.....otherwise why wasn't Jimmy having discussions with Tryamkin and his agent before now?

Tryamkin is going to be an UFA at the end of his new 2 year deal in the KHL. What GM is going to pony up a pick for a UFA he can't extend?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

This whole vengeance thing?... you're not very good at it! :lol:

I clearly stated "reports indicate".

Mëds desperately trying to nail the Great Strangelove for being wrong about something... anything. :lol:

It must've really hurt, all those times I literally destroyed you, ahh poor widdle baby!

Lighten up princess, unlike you, the Great Strangelove has no problem admitting when he's wrong.

Hey man EVERYBODY is wrong sometimes!

(especially you) :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 am

via Dhaliwal
I believe that He would come back as a UFA. Nobody has his rights anymore.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Since we're supposed to be focused on 3 years from now I figured I'd have a look at the contract situation and project a bit.....

I'm going to assume for the purposes of this that Pettersson, Hughes, get team friendly bridge deals, and the Boeser will be re-signed at the end of next season. Also that Hamonic will be brought back for at least a 3 year deal since it looks like the Canucks are happy with him and he's happy here.....

Miller ($5.25M) - Pettersson ($7M) - Boeser ($7M)
Pearson ($3.25M) - Horvat ($5.5M) - Hoglander ($891K)
Podkolzin ($925K)

Hughes ($7M) - Schmidt ($5.95M)
___________ - Myers ($6M)
___________ - Hamonic ($3.5M)

Demko ($5M)

Total cap commitment: $56.516M

Not bad. But Elmer needs to be very smart with his moves because the above roster happens to have 3 of those top-6 forwards walking into free agency and needing new deals.

The blueline is really not anything to write home about, Hamonic and Myers will be 33, and that seems to be when the average defenseman starts to really show their age when matched up against speedy forwards.

Anyways, 7 years into a rebuild and this is where we're at in terms of roster clarity? It's not ideal.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Was very impressed with Rathbone last night, he looks like an NHL’er for sure, fast, confident, great shot and pass.

Motte to me is a core player

Moving forward Benning needs to stop with the sea of Granlunds, no more. Do not want to see back next year:

Vesey
Boyd
Michaelis
Sutter
Virtanen
Grayvacuum
Bailey

Keep - Highmore, Hawryluk, Lind, MacEwan, Gadjovich. See who wins of these 5.

Figure out how to get rid of the one year remaining on;

Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle

Ferland, whatever...he’s done

Draft a forward with the first in 2021
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Shinny Feces is just plain bad and Boyd is like your typical AHLer. The H boys can stick, the overpriced vet rubbish can all get the flush
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Keep Highmore.

Motte is a core player.

Keep the laughs coming :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Highmore is good enough for me as your 4th line centre, so much better than Beagle and cheaper. But hey Doyle if you want to pay your Beagles 3.5 million to be your 4th line centre have at ‘er. Do you have a better suggestion for the 4th line, that is chewable on the salary cap?

Highmore imo was one of the Canucks better players last night along with Hoglander and Boeser

Motte is another solid 4th liner. Like Highmore, he can skate. Has that same energy. It’s what you need from your depth players - fast, high energy, decent skill set
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 am

Moving forward Benning needs to stop with the sea of Granlunds, no more. Do not want to see back next year:

Vesey
Boyd
Michaelis
Sutter
Virtanen
Grayvacuum
Bailey
Highmore
Hawryluk
MacEwan - sure what ever

Keep - Gadjovich. Lind

If there was a God then the Genius JB would figure out how to get rid of the one year remaining on, even when there will be no cap increase and every team is in the same position but still we can always hop:

Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle

Draft the best player available with the first in 2021 since we still lack depth on the team and it has shown with the current rash of injuries.
FYP
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Highmore will help out Abbotsford next year. Jayce can help him but ne needs a contract so maybe not.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 am Was very impressed with Rathbone last night, he looks like an NHL’er for sure, fast, confident, great shot and pass.

Motte to me is a core player

Vesey
Boyd
Michaelis
Sutter
Virtanen
Grayvacuum
Bailey

Keep - Highmore, Hawryluk, Lind, MacEwan, Gadjovich. See who wins of these 5.

Figure out how to get rid of the one year remaining on;

Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle

Draft a forward with the first in 2021
We haven't even seen Gadjovich up here yet, unless you meant Graovac.

I think the hope for Gadjovich is that he becomes a top-6 power forward who cashes in from the dirty areas in front of the net, particularly on the PP. I haven't seen anything more than highlights, but it looks to me like he's a big guy with soft mitts and some offensive IQ. I'd rather not have him competing for a 4th line role.

We might see a miracle where one of Eriksson, Roussel, or Beagle, are gone next year, and I'd prefer it be one of the former. Beagle wins faceoffs and kills penalties. Roussel doesn't do much other than take penalties.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Highmore and Hawryluk are RFAs in the teams control. But they should only be depth call-ups from the Abbotsford Aviators. They really offer nothing except hustle. If Lind keeps improving he is the only one from the sea of Granlunds that might stick on the big club in October. MacEwen is blowing his chance by not understanding the role he needs to play at the NHL level. He should have killed Larson last night after the flying elbow at Hughes. Gadjovich has a chance to show something soon. It better be good for his sake if he wants to make the show.

Pearson Horvat Lind?
Podkolzin Miller Hoglander
Gadjovich? Petey Boeser
Motte Beagle? MacEwen?
Lockwood?

It's possible but there is no guarantee anyone with a question mark will make the club. It'd be best to find at least one more cheap top nine forward over the summer, maybe two or three. Too many question marks.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.