The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think its pretty well assured they come back year by year on 1 yr deals. They're slow as already but are playing at a ppg clip since Bo went down.

We dont actually have enough NHL ready depth to lose them if we plan on competing...which is obviously the plan
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I think its pretty well assured they come back year by year on 1 yr deals. They're slow as already but are playing at a ppg clip since Bo went down.

We dont actually have enough NHL ready depth to lose them if we plan on competing...which is obviously the plan
Yeah for all of Pettersens hype and a few others we may still need that Sedin veteran buffer for the transition. Too much to ask Horvat and Boeser to be the Sage's of the room.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sutter, Eriksson and Gagner are anchored here for a few more years. Maybe soon Erik Gudbranson. Mentors and leaders one and all
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

RoyalDude wrote:2018-19 season will see a major injection of top prospects between Vancouver and Utica - Lind (late birthday, can play in the AHL, Pettersen, Dahlen, Juolevi, both Gaudette and Lockwood have hinted at leaving college. May even see the Nucks do what they did with Brock, sign Gaudette at seasons end and give him a few games.

I see Pettersen and Juolevi full time with the Canucks next season and maybe Gaudette, he could really surprise. The goalie situation gets interesting, can't keep Demko down in the A forever. Lind like Lockwood will spend the season im the A. Goldy and Dahlen will bounce back n forth. I'm assuming Gadjovich and DiPietro return to junior

Do the Sedins come back???!
How many times you figure Goldobin will clear waivers before someone snaps him up?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I say the Sedins stay to twinsition Peterson.

As awesome a season as Peterson is having, I don't see him close to anyone when he's scoring. It will be interesting to see him on the small ice at the WJC.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:I say the Sedins stay to twinsition Peterson.

As awesome a season as Peterson is having, I don't see him close to anyone when he's scoring. It will be interesting to see him on the small ice at the WJC.
Agreed. Pettersson already talked about how great it would be to play at least a season with the twins.

As great as Bo and Boeser have been there isn't much else firmly established as top six. Perhaps Baertschi but that's it. Everyone else is "projected" to be top six. By everyone I mean Pettersson and Dahlen. Gaudette, Lockwood, Virtanen, Goldobin,Lind, Gadjovich are still up in the air as to projections. Certainly enough bodies to have hope but that's all it is at this point.

Not attempting to be a naysayer just trying to be realistic. The future is promising with all those players but we are a few years away from seeing where they fit. The twins are PPG recently so are far from done. Due to injuries their ice time has crept back up to higher than we would like but hopefully that will change next year, and for a better cap hit.

I'm all in for riding Virtanen, Goldobin, Boeser this season. Let's see what they've got.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hmmm, if the team misses the playoffs again I can see the Sedins retiring to let the youth take over to earn their NHL stripes.

Next season the Sedins (retired), Edler, Gudbranson and Vanek all could be gone via trade for picks/prospects. :o

2018/19 season lineup could look something like this:

Tkachuk - Horvat - Boeser (beast mode #1 line)
Eriksson - Pettersson - Virtanen (vet two-way Loui to mentor EP while JV provides the grit/power)
(big LW/C via trade) - Gagner - Goldy
(tough dude UFA/Reaves?) - Sutter - Granlund

Juolevi - Carlson (mega UFA signing - the wily vet QB takes Juolevi under his wing)
Pouliot - Tanev
MDZ - Stecher
Holm - Chatfield

Marky
Demko

Baertschi, Hutton and Nilsson traded.
Comets get loaded up with our prime prospects in Dahlen, Gaudette, iirc can Lind/Gadjovich join the AHL next year?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Please, no more Sedins. Close the book.
Last year.
Don't offer new contracts at any price.
They shouldn't be the ones to decide if they play on here.
A new era does not begin until they are not actively playing on this team.
Then, and only then, will I call this a rebuild.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I could see the Twins wanting to come back. Their kids basically grew up here, schooled here, their friends are here. I don't see the twins wanting to pack it in as Canucks any time soon.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:17 am Please, no more Sedins. Close the book.
Last year.
Don't offer new contracts at any price.
They shouldn't be the ones to decide if they play on here.
A new era does not begin until they are not actively playing on this team.
Then, and only then, will I call this a rebuild.
I think this is where I am at. Time to call it a day
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 am I could see the Twins wanting to come back. Their kids basically grew up here, schooled here, their friends are here. I don't see the twins wanting to pack it in as Canucks any time soon.
I'm pretty sure they'll be back too but i dont think its in the best interest of the franchise at all. If they get resigned we might as well call them Jerome and Mikka...the canucks following in the flames footsteps
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

They'll be back - and at about 1-1.5mil more than Blobby thinks is ok. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:47 pm They'll be back - and at about 1-1.5mil more than Blobby thinks is ok. ;)
Without Jimmy having to throw in the obligatory extra draft pick how else will we shred the signing?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:28 pm
Cornuck wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:47 pm They'll be back - and at about 1-1.5mil more than Blobby thinks is ok. ;)
Without Jimmy having to throw in the obligatory extra draft pick how else will we shred the signing?
Give them Louie money for four more years while Doc, Dud and Skyo do a silent clap and break dance on a photo of Eye Bags
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Corny do you think cap management is a strong point of this current regime?