The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Deflect!! Deflect!! Deflect!! :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:56 pm Deflect!! Deflect!! Deflect!! :lol:
Deflect a non-deflect!! Deflect a non-deflect!! Deflect a non-deflect!! :lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: It also speaks to a great deal of patience (or in Benning's case, confidence in his job security), since it's hard to see how this kid could be ready for the NHL in less than two years. Might seem like a great pick in 2020, but doesn't really work with Doc's timeline.
Pettersson and Dahlen will join your Vacouver Canucks 1-2 years from now. :mex:
You mean that Pettersson will be on the Canucks roster for the 2018-2019 season ?

Without an aggressive supplementation program, that's asking him to put on an awful lot of muscle in just 15 months. Even with an aggressive supplementation program, he'd have to spend as much time in the gym as on the ice, and trying to bulk up that fast has messed with some players' games before.
Not to pick on you as I doubt even the most optimistic of us could have imagined Pettersson’s rapid ascent but this really sticks out! I’m always loathe to make judgements on drafts but Pettersson is making an extremely strong case that he will be the best player from the 2017 draft. Obviously still early days and there could be other gems in there but he is setting the bar pretty damn high.

Strangelove is looking pretty good with his 1-2 year prediction. Still waiting on the 3-4 years til playoffs prediction to come true but we’ll eventually get there! :lol: At least there’s hope again!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cholla is in years 0-1 as we speak. He has predicted playoffs for this season.

Finally there is hope though rockalt. They have a fantastic 1-2 punch up the middle and some interesting players and prospects on the wings.

The ass end is a mess but they need to keep drafting lots of d men after the first round.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rockalt wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 am
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: It also speaks to a great deal of patience (or in Benning's case, confidence in his job security), since it's hard to see how this kid could be ready for the NHL in less than two years. Might seem like a great pick in 2020, but doesn't really work with Doc's timeline.
Pettersson and Dahlen will join your Vacouver Canucks 1-2 years from now. :mex:
You mean that Pettersson will be on the Canucks roster for the 2018-2019 season ?

Without an aggressive supplementation program, that's asking him to put on an awful lot of muscle in just 15 months. Even with an aggressive supplementation program, he'd have to spend as much time in the gym as on the ice, and trying to bulk up that fast has messed with some players' games before.
Not to pick on you as I doubt even the most optimistic of us could have imagined Pettersson’s rapid ascent but this really sticks out! I’m always loathe to make judgements on drafts but Pettersson is making an extremely strong case that he will be the best player from the 2017 draft. Obviously still early days and there could be other gems in there but he is setting the bar pretty damn high.

Strangelove is looking pretty good with his 1-2 year prediction. Still waiting on the 3-4 years til playoffs prediction to come true but we’ll eventually get there! :lol: At least there’s hope again!
Doc’s 1-2 years is right on target, Rockalt. Genius. Boi I’d bet RG would love that one back, but hey I wanted Cody Glass at the draft! Benning has made fools out of all of us at one time or another, but Blob mostly!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

I wanted MT in 2016 though. You wanted Razor Thin Olaf
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:33 am Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

Razor thin Olli - 6’-3” 198 lbs

Blobs favourite bust Nolan Patrick - 6’-2” 198 lbs. blob considers Patrick to be a power forward centre, he’s the same weight as razor thin Olli. Goal posts are never stationary in Bubbles world
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:43 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:33 am Not really. I didn’t want Glass or Vilardi any more than you did or Doc for that matter or the rest of the board. Just like last year when everyone wanted Dobson. I still feel Dobson will be an excellent player.

Blobs favourite bust Nolan Patrick - 6’-2” 198 lbs. blob considers Patrick to be a power forward centre, he’s the same weight as razor thin Olli. Goal posts are never stationary in Bubbles world
Olaf is 6ft 4 and 170.

When did Patrick become my favourite player? I’ve hardly mentioned him. He has one thing going for him over Razor Thin Olaf though. He can at least play in the league.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:48 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:43 am

Olaf is 6ft 4 and 170.

Gold Jerry!

This is what happens when you’re 5’-11” 245 lbs. anything less than that your razor thin

Blob we all know this traces back to your love for the turtle (M. Tkachuk...see Kassian vs Tkachuk) but seriously man - “it’s not your fault” give Robin Williams a virtual hug
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Wikipedia - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Hockeydb - 6’-3” 198 lbs
UticaComets - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Eliteprospects - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Dobberprospects - 6’-3” 198 lbs
Blobspickledbrain - 6’-9” - 132 lbs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Is he that heavy now rats? Musta had his gear on. He is very fine boned kinda like Sutter
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:12 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Is he that heavy now rats? Musta had his gear on. He is very fine boned kinda like Sutter
Blobs favourite slow pitch player - Cecil Fielder, he loved his svelte figure. His kind of body
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:12 pm
Hanging with the Pinkton equipment has made Baubles an expert on bone structure.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob how often did you stop by the Pickton farm to buy your ham hocks and pork bellies after picking up your 8-ball from Piggy’s Palace?