The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by SKYO »

Makar's dropping then.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Checking out Gabe Vilardi on splortsnet right now. The kid would look very good on our depth chart. Hes one of those players that the puck seems to follow...doesn't appear to be physical at all but the scouts have to be drooling.

So how do we trade for that dallas pick again?
If you need air...call it in
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Checking out Gabe Vilardi on splortsnet right now. The kid would look very good on our depth chart. Hes one of those players that the puck seems to follow...doesn't appear to be physical at all but the scouts have to be drooling.

Vilardi is VERY GOOD...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

olpaddy wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Checking out Gabe Vilardi on splortsnet right now. The kid would look very good on our depth chart. Hes one of those players that the puck seems to follow...doesn't appear to be physical at all but the scouts have to be drooling.

Vilardi is VERY GOOD...
The kind of player a franchise desperate for top end talent could build around...

Lets hope the genius telling any and all we aren't interested in trading our only legit trading chips is all smoke and mirrors to drive up their value...
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
olpaddy wrote:

Vilardi is VERY GOOD...
The kind of player a franchise desperate for top end talent could build around...

Lets hope the genius telling any and all we aren't interested in trading our only legit trading chips is all smoke and mirrors to drive up their value...
I am not holding my breath on the genius of our Prez or GM I like Gabriel Vilardi a lot I don't know if he gets to 5... Not convinced if he did this organization values players who can draw penalties win puck battles have play making ability and have a great shot with size...

If he were a EURO d man who makes a great first pass and runs a power play the Prez and GM would be all over him...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am not holding my breath on the genius of our Prez or GM I like Gabriel Vilardi a lot I don't know if he gets to 5... Not convinced if he did this organization values players who can draw penalties win puck battles have play making ability and have a great shot with size...
Don't be retarded.

Any GM drafts the player you described. not that a guy like that would be available at 5 in this draft.. You post is nothing more than negative pot stirring, trolling bullshit.. the same kind of tripe that comes from eastern bag licking media. If
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Don't be retarded.

Any GM drafts the player you described. not that a guy like that would be available at 5 in this draft.. You post is nothing more than negative pot stirring, trolling bullshit.. the same kind of tripe that comes from eastern bag licking media. If
Oli Juolevi says Hi... as I drop the Mic and walk off the stage Have a good night
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote: Nobody wants what we have to offer for a move up to #3.
The price to move up would set us BACK a year..
But Mad don't you know Edler or Tanev plus will get you that third.
Yeah. The only hope is that Dallas loved what they saw from Edler while he was paired with Klingberg at the Worlds. Then Edler becomes the centrepiece in our offer for that 3rd overall.

Dallas knows that we desperately need to add top young talent to our cupboards. We know Dallas badly needs a top 4 defenseman and have a closing window to work in. We also know that we have a dman who has just proven he has chemistry with their existing top guy on the back end.

Edler + VAN 2nd + Subban MIGHT get it done.

If we're confident in Demko turning into something, AND we are re-signing Miller for 2 years, then make it Edler + Markstrom + CBJ 2nd for 3rd overall + Niemi.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds - Subban has zero trade value.

We would have to add a better piece than that.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:Mëds - Subban has zero trade value.

We would have to add a better piece than that.
Lots of players get tagged onto deals that have zero value at the NHL level.

At this point Jordan is likely to spend his career in the AHL. But those players get dealt all of the time.

Our 2nd is the 33rd overall pick. They are only dropping 30 spots and getting Edler. Throw something else in there then. Vancouver needs top talent that you stand a much better chance to get in the top 5 picks. It's worth the price.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

No way Vilardi makes it to 5. Stop dreaming. We are picking from a group of Mittlestadt, Makar, Glass, Liljegren or Necas, thank you Oilers for the new lottery system that seems to not like us

Yeah I'm back on the Vilardi train. This kid could be better than Hischier and Patrick. He looks like a Ron Francis type
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Given Vilardi's age he could turn out to be the best in this year's draft. As to trading Edler for 3rd I do not think we have to add much then Edler plus our 33rd. Whoever said Dallas's window is closing is bang on
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote: Nobody wants what we have to offer for a move up to #3.
The price to move up would set us BACK a year..
But Mad don't you know Edler or Tanev plus will get you that third.
Yeah. The only hope is that Dallas loved what they saw from Edler while he was paired with Klingberg at the Worlds. Then Edler becomes the centrepiece in our offer for that 3rd overall.

Dallas knows that we desperately need to add top young talent to our cupboards. We know Dallas badly needs a top 4 defenseman and have a closing window to work in. We also know that we have a dman who has just proven he has chemistry with their existing top guy on the back end.

Edler + VAN 2nd + Subban MIGHT get it done.

If we're confident in Demko turning into something, AND we are re-signing Miller for 2 years, then make it Edler + Markstrom + CBJ 2nd for 3rd overall + Niemi.
Edler + the 5th overall likely will be what it takes.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Guys, let's not forget that the quality of this draft class is sewer-grade, like 2011-grade. As slick as guys like Vilardi look right now, are they really worth the likes of Edler, Tanev, Subban, more picks, etc? Why send off an established top-4 dman for someone like Jonathan Huberdeau or Ryan Strome?

Stay the course, take the BPA and hope your scouting crew can unearth someone who can eke out an NHL career on a rebuilding squad.

But what would that leave us to talk about on this thread??? :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Lancer wrote:
Stay the course, take the BPA and hope your scouting crew can unearth someone who can eke out an NHL career on a rebuilding squad.

But what would that leave us to talk about on this thread??? :roll:
Lol no doubt. Casey Mittlestadt is a pretty good player too...I'd be just fine hanging onto that 5th and taking him instead