The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Hirschier has that McCann, Nuge, Sam Bennett light body frame. I don't think he's Gaudreau/Marner good to make up for his light frame to be a stud in the NHL. Patrick, Liljegren, Vilardi, Mittlestadt should go ahead of him
Yeah we should try to acquire another 1st rounder this draft just in case we land 2nd/3rd oa, we can package deal to move up to #1, even if Patrick isn't a generational talent, if he's even close to leon draisaitl type, a big solid center who can put up TOP 20 points in the league, that'd more than help for the rebuild.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vilardi first game back from injury pots 2 goals and 2 assists, one of the goals was the OT winner. Apparently Patrick is close to returning. Been an injury filled class at the top end, Liljegren been battling mononucleosis.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anybody watching the Finn/Swiss game today? Juolevi vs Hirschier? Future teamates if the tank club get there way?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks on win streak to mess with my emotions, 10 game win streak, Benning special 20th overall pick?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Canucks on win streak to mess with my emotions, 10 game win streak, Benning special 20th overall pick?
Forget about a top 10 pick Skyo, we will be picking around 22nd
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

good point about Patrick's time on injury llist
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nico Hischier rising up the ranks with his performance, the next Marner?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:Nico Hischier rising up the ranks with his performance, the next Marner?
Even though it isn't a banner year , there are still some good forwards that will be available in the top 6-8 picks. There's no Mathews, McJesus or even an Eichel. That said it's shaping up a bit like 2014. I'm very hopeful for a top 5 pick to assist the rebuild. Patrick or Hischier would be huge for this team, even Vilardi.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:Nico Hischier rising up the ranks with his performance, the next Marner?
Even though it isn't a banner year , there are still some good forwards that will be available in the top 6-8 picks. There's no Mathews, McJesus or even an Eichel. That said it's shaping up a bit like 2014. I'm very hopeful for a top 5 pick to assist the rebuild. Patrick or Hischier would be huge for this team, even Vilardi.
The top 5 of this draft is very good Patrick, Liljegren, Hirschier, Vilardi, Mittlestat are all quality top 6 forwards, top pairing D men. It gets dicey after the top 5. Vilardi is a stud and is on the level that Patrick is on, he's just had a bad run of health issues, off season knee injury and an appendectomy that had him missing 24 games this season. He came back last week and scored 2 goals and 2 assists in his first game back. Mittlestat is built like Horvat but is an excellent skater with Patrick Kane like hands
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:
Forget about a top 10 pick Skyo, we will be picking around 22nd
20th+ benning special pick, Elias Pettersson, Miro Heiskanen, Owen Tippett, Nic Hague, Shane Bowers.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO at the rate we are going we will be picking between 25th and 30th
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Guessing we will be picking around 10th and it will be a forward. There are quite a few decent ones available.

Also guessing CBJ gives us their Torts pick this year as well so we will have two second rounders. Wonder how quickly Benning trades them away?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote:
Also guessing CBJ gives us their Torts pick this year as well so we will have two second rounders. Wonder how quickly Benning trades them away?
Yeah I don't see those 2nd round picks lasting if Elmer is still here in June.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Diehard1 wrote:Guessing we will be picking around 10th and it will be a forward. There are quite a few decent ones available.
The goal has always been 14th overall...
We wont be picking top 10 til 2 to 3 years from now ;)
If you need air...call it in
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Guessing we will be picking around 10th and it will be a forward. There are quite a few decent ones available.
The goal has always been 14th overall...
We wont be picking top 10 til 2 to 3 years from now ;)
Sad thing is that's probably not far from the truth unless some of the young guys (other than Bo and Baer) come on strong and quickly. Even though the twins have dropped off, once they retire the team will be missing either a first or second line. Nobody in the pipeline to replace them, yet.

My guess is around 10th this year, the same next and who knows after that. Perhaps Benning and co will be gone by then.