OOTS: 2016-17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS: 2016-17

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:^ C'mon, Dude was drunk as Kadri one day after playoff elimination, it happens...
IslandFarm is really rocking the archives, it's floating his boat these days, so angry. He's like a kid in a candy shop. I'm stunned that I may have actually said things in the past that I may have a different opinion of now, shocking :shock: mind blowing, weird.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:To all you Bubbles and IslandFarms who were shedding tears and tearing Benning a new one for trading Eddie Lack, go take a spin over to TSN's website and see the video of the Canes coach ripping into Eddie lack. :lol:

Hello Brisebios, Hello 7th overall draft pick. Benning is an effin' Genius!
If we had kept Lack and not signed Miller we would almost certainly be celebrating the successful rookie season of either Matthews or Laine at this precise moment...instead of whatever it is we are currently celebrating...our winning culture of the past couple years?
Lack played Miller fairly equally. Winnipeg finished ahead of us last year, scored in the lottery, and got Laine.

However, an argument could certainly be made that having Lack instead of Miller would matter sweet fuck all to the Canucks' fortunes these past 2 years.
True but maybe if we were in the 1st worst slot or 2nd we dont drop to 5th. I still get pissed at that cali road trip sweep to fuck ourselves out of worst. We had it in our hands and dropped the fuckin ball
Im hearing ya man. Wasn't that really about Mr. WD trying to keep his job; at least that's how it appeared. Unfortunately, our exhalted Mr. Benning didn't appear to be giving Willie some direction either re: How to lose and WIN while you're doing it (e.g. get an awesome draft pick - "Willy, we need to loose ffs, an here's some shitty players from Utica you can put in the line-up and blame it on"). Instead, Willy looked all wound up and was driving his team to win; was probably worried about losing his job - of all times to sweep the California teams - GAWD. But yeah, we would have had way better odds of snapping up Laine instead of watching Linden waste a Quinn momento that was on him for good luck. BUT BUT BUT, as touched on earlier, the C -spell may be at work regardless. Time to put the vape away and finish the last beer, Gnite
cc oldtimer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Burrows with 2 more points tonight, Sens now up 8 points on the hapless Leaves...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote:Burrows with 2 more points tonight, Sens now up 8 points on the hapless Leaves...

The Leaves collapse came a bit later than expected. Kinda like Spring this year.
And now, everything somehow just feels right in the Universe, doesn't it :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:Burrows with 2 more points tonight, Sens now up 8 points on the hapless Leaves...
Happy for Burrows, dudes' on fire after escaping this sinking ship. :P

He said after the first game there how impressed he was with everyone's work ethic, everyone hungry for a win, blocking shots, hustling hard etc...something along those lines.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hansen's first game with the Sharks, gets a nice assist on Jumbo Joe's goal.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Sharks keep him quarantined for a week??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Sharks keep him quarantined for a week??
Safe..smart
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote:

The Leaves collapse came a bit later than expected. Kinda like Spring this year.
And now, everything somehow just feels right in the Universe, doesn't it :)
They're only 1 point out of a wild card spot.....I wouldn't get too comfortable. :P
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

too little - too late

Post by lostinarink »

Muzzin was then fined for embellishment after the Canucks’ Michael Chaput was penalized for high sticking at 17 minutes, 41 seconds of the first period.
Video replay indicated Chaput’s stick never struck Muzzin in the face.
- LA Daily News

Massive deterrent for 2nd offense this season - not!

From the LA game thread:
lostinarink wrote:
CrzyCanuck wrote:Two weakass calls...

The Kings are turning into worst hollywood actors

Brown was intentionally holding Sedin's stick

And Muzzin that was juts fucking embellishment

while I'm still typing.. Karma strikes! 2-0
Just because his head snaps back, while his mouth screams open in extreme pain, about a second or two after what was a very mild tap, you think that this was EMBELLISHMENT!! Shame on Crazy Canuck for even suggesting this hearsay.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Detroit beat Chicago last night? :shock: Thought the Wings were going full tank with their play of late
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Detroit beat Chicago last night? :shock: Thought the Wings were going full tank with their play of late
And you think WE have a rivalry with Chicago.
Can always get up for one game.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Burrows with another goal and assist. Guys on fire!
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

How many concussions has Ekbland had already? A couple more and he might be done at 21.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

His concussion tonight is is third major one. Just signed his 8 year deal. Florida should shut him down for the rest of the year.
The only HW the Canucks need