OOTS: 2016-17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2016-17

Post by Topper »

I have written before on the point system. Three points for all games over weights the results of Division and Conference games far too much. I'm fine with the current system.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:Does it really matter about points when the best teams still get to the final four? and they're actual still mini-dynasty's with the Blackhawks, Kings and Penguins to an extent, these three teams have ruled with an iron fist for almost the past 10 years.
It does matter about points. The Canucks should be nowhere near the playoff race with their team and their results in the first 60 minutes of regulation play. Kinda how the Flames bucked the system a few years back. Due to the loser points and all the gimmicks you have paper tigers propped up for 80-90 % of the season and in some cases longer. It's the only league where 70-80 % of the teams finish above .500.
So to clarify, in 42 of the 48 games the Canucks have played in this year those 42 games ended by only a margin of one goal. How does that categorize us as to having no place in the standings where we are? Doesnt that stat tell you that we can roll with practically every team in the league right down to the wire or does that stat just mean to you that we are no different than a team that gets shallacked in regulation time by a large margin?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol they have won 14 of 50 games in regulation.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol they have won 14 of 50 games in regulation.
I guess "padding one's stats", is not part of the new system. :oops:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol they have won 14 of 50 games in regulation.
So the 42 games that were 1 goal differences in the final result means absolutely diddly squat to you? So the Canucks might as well have just not bothered being in the game until the end at all to gain the loser point and should have just gotten shallacked in regulation cause there is no difference between the two is what you are saying?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Columbus crashing a bit after that Vezina trophy ways of bobboh 16 - 0, Torts getting a talking to for being too fierce.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What does Vermette get for the slash ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:What does Vermette get for the slash ?
10 game suspension + the Wideman/Burrows treatment for life. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:What does Vermette get for the slash ?
10 game suspension + the Wideman/Burrows treatment for life. :mex:
So I heard that'll cost Vermette $100K as well for those 10 games lost.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: So I heard that'll cost Vermette $100K as well for those 10 games lost.
Sounds about right...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Really starting to like this Perlini kid, 2 goals last night. Jake you fucking flake, wake up! All these picks behind you are making you look like a chump. Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie, Perlini, Tuch, Larkin, Fabbri, Pastrnak, DeAngelo, Schmaltz, Montour, Dvorak, Tryamkin

Vrana, Fiala, Goldobin, Scherback to name a few have way better numbers than the flake in the minors. What's the deal with this kid?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Really starting to like this Perlini kid, 2 goals last night. Jake you fucking flake, wake up! All these picks behind you are making you look like a chump. Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie, Perlini, Tuch, Larkin, Fabbri, Pastrnak, DeAngelo, Schmaltz, Montour, Dvorak, Tryamkin

Vrana, Fiala, Goldobin, Scherback to name a few have way better numbers than the flake in the minors. What's the deal with this kid?
I still say, he wants out.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Really starting to like this Perlini kid, 2 goals last night. Jake you fucking flake, wake up! All these picks behind you are making you look like a chump. Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie, Perlini, Tuch, Larkin, Fabbri, Pastrnak, DeAngelo, Schmaltz, Montour, Dvorak, Tryamkin

I still say, he wants out.
So everyone else to blame but Jake himself? Yeah, seen this one before. It's always never the case.

Is old man Virtanen gonna pull a Cody Hodgson Dad move on the organization? Start calling them everyday, demanding they call up Jake and blame the Canucks for ruining his development.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

His own mom called him entitled and said he has a lot of growing up to do. His parents are not the problem here.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I think Jake's ego took a beating and he can't get passed it.
Doesn't want to hear stuff like he did from the old timers on the team and I don't think he likes Willie.
If that were to go away, he'd probably do fine!
Until then, he'd more than likely be happy in Calgary.

Ya, I'd call that a major problem with entitlement. Could be more to it, dunno.
One would think seeing others from his own draft class succeeding would drive him, but, oh well..
"evolution"