OOTS: 2016-17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

OOTS: 2016-17

Post by SKYO »

Auston Matthews 4-0 over vs whats his name? mick-david or something (comparing the young centers starts), but leaves still lose to the Sens, oh yeah the Sens goalie was C. Anderson vs leaves goalie F. Anderson.

Elliott not performing well in Calgary.

Blackhawks not performing well, bad own goal by seabrook.aha bloopers

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS: 2016-17

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The camera flashed to Keith Tkatchuk watching his boy play....holy hell. I remember when he played he showed up to camp fat one year and there were some photoshop jokes where his pic was stretched wide but now hes even fatter than the photoshop images. His hot wife looks so bummed lol
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Turris - clutch

Don Cherry - sedated
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Thanks to Wideman, flames are now they are getting the wrath of the refs.

ala burrows/canucks.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Matthews 4 goals was outstanding! Can't take anything away from him.

The biggest thing I've noticed watching these Canadian teams tonight is none of them have much of an idea on how to keep the puck out of their own net. Granted it's early and team defence will improve but it's the glaring weakness of all 4 that played tonight.

And defence is where I think the Canucks made their biggest strides in the offseason.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Oilers can score.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Matthews looking to be a very complete player on offense. First goal was a nice lunch-bucket variety effort right in the dirty area. Next was some good stick work and skating combined with a beauty pick-pocket of one of the game's best blueliners, although the goal was soft on Anderson's part. 3rd and 4th goals were very nice finishes after finding open ice. Defensively he could obviously use a little work.....but hey, he's all of 19 this year?

Freddie Andersen looked like he is pound for pound Bernier's replacement tonight. :lol:

Edmonton might be the first team to score 400 goals and still miss the playoffs. Talbot didn't look great, Calgary looked terrible. Elliott, at the other end, looked every bit the B option he was so often in St. Louis.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote:Matthews 4 goals was outstanding! Can't take anything away from him.
oh yeah? Tom Sestito: "4 goals but I heard his Corsi tonight was terrible"
:lol:
Aaronp18 wrote: The biggest thing I've noticed watching these Canadian teams tonight is none of them have much of an idea on how to keep the puck out of their own net.

And defence is where I think the Canucks made their biggest strides in the offseason.
Yup Canucks defense and goaltending are pretty underrated across the nhl world.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Aaronp18 wrote:Matthews 4 goals was outstanding! Can't take anything away from him.

The biggest thing I've noticed watching these Canadian teams tonight is none of them have much of an idea on how to keep the puck out of their own net. Granted it's early and team defence will improve but it's the glaring weakness of all 4 that played tonight.

Yep Matthews was outstanding .. rest of the leaves... sucked !! when the rookie gets 4 goals you should be able to win the game ?

Sharks vs LA.. far better game and I disagree with your assesment of the D... Both teams played reasonably well defensively with the Sharks putting on a fine defensive show in the last 10 minutes of the game..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Tiger wrote:

Yep Matthews was outstanding .. rest of the leaves... sucked !! when the rookie gets 4 goals you should be able to win the game ?

Sharks vs LA.. far better game and I disagree with your assesment of the D... Both teams played reasonably well defensively with the Sharks putting on a fine defensive show in the last 10 minutes of the game..
As much as the pending election may see the whole state desire to be adopted by Canada it hasn't happened and I kinda don't think it will. LA and SJ are both American cities.

Canadian teams Tiger, Canadian! :sly:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Ooops my bad ...sorry Aaron

Aaron P said :
The biggest thing I've noticed watching these Canadian teams tonight is none of them have much of an idea on how to keep the puck out of their own net.

Missed the Canadian part of the quote !! agree ... completely .. The American teams played well defensively..
Oilers and Flames ... not so good and not good goaltending...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Tiger wrote:Ooops my bad ...sorry Aaron

Aaron P said :
The biggest thing I've noticed watching these Canadian teams tonight is none of them have much of an idea on how to keep the puck out of their own net.

Missed the Canadian part of the quote !! agree ... completely .. The American teams played well defensively..
Oilers and Flames ... not so good and not good goaltending...
:mrgreen:

:mex:

:thumbs:
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Well, i recall a dialogue i had with Strangelove on here where i suggested that the Flames had taken a big step forward with their acquisition of Elliott; his contention was "not so... Elliott was over-rated." Hmm, may well be true - time will tell for sure.

Looks like McClellan has Kassian playing well! They even had Kass out for the penalty kill!

As much as it's amusing to see Mathews making his amazing debut, it was interesting to see that they had Nylander on his wing and.... he looked frikin great! Couldnt help engage in a useless internal discourse wondering if Benning made the wrong choice re: Virtanen. Maybe. I know we cant know the answer to that for years yet. But hey, Virtanen is kinda deemed as an AHL player right now that is with the big club due to circumstances more than his actual play. Nylander, appears to be set up for a high production year - esp. if he's slotted to be Mathew's set-up man.
cc oldtimer
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

nuckster wrote: Looks like McClellan has Kassian playing well! They even had Kass out for the penalty kill!
But but but he's a cancer...

Kassian v. Gudbranson?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Good kassian has cleaned up his act apparently.

Three teams put in work to try to clean up his off ice issue's to no success,
Oct. 2015
“I do not have all the information, but it is disappointing to say the least,” said Bergevin, who was notified of the accident Sunday morning by the team doctor. “You have to be respectful. You’re lucky to be hockey players.

“I’m a firm believer in character, and that’s really a lack of character and judgment on his part.”

Bergevin said it is "safe to say" that Kassian, 24, is now on a short leash.

Kassian was treated in hospital after being involved in a single-car accident early Sunday morning and has been released.According to a report in the Montreal Gazette, a truck crashed into a tree around 6 a.m.
Montreal police told the Gazette that a 20-year-old woman was driving the truck, accompanied by a 24-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/cana ... -accident/
Kass last chance after all the rock bottoms finally he's settling down, granted he's still a 4th liner.