Canuck fans Can we all Count to 10

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Canuck fans Can we all Count to 10

Post by olpaddy »

Taking timeout from delivering the hard hitting award winning episodic extravaganza THE PASSION RETURNS in the all things Leaves section of this forum, sidenote I encourage all of you if you haven't done so to watch... But getting to the topic at hand I am calling on the HARDCORE Canuck supporters for their opinion on this roster going forward...

Expansion is coming and even with PTO's and Labates and Guances & Stetcher's lets try to count to 10... The 10 players that the Canucks plan to protect going forward... Now Players with No move clauses count unless they agree to waive so with that in Mind no cursing out Mikey Eyebags so lets take a shot at this thing... Goalie is easy...

1. Henrik
2 Daniel
3 Eriksson
4. Sutter
5 Bo
6 Sven lets stop right here for now and take stock.. the Rules state you can go at this two ways 7 forwards 3 d men and a goalie or 8 skaters combination of forward/dmen and 1 goalie....

so with that in mind option 1 7 forwards I assume Jake is exempt cause of his pro status if he isnt he is on the list but I suspect hes exempt... if thats the case forward 7 comes down to Grandlund Gaunce Hansen... Sidenote for all those fans who bitched about Letting Eddie Lack,Frankie or Shinkaruk go and argument could be made none of those stiffs would of been protected here and Im not sure none of them will be protected with their parent clubs as well but I digress....

Like I said very tricky cause but if im protecting 7 forwards i guess Guance but man thats a stretch and Im not comfortable protecting a guy who was drafted in the first round 4 yrs ago and looks all the part of a 4th line try hard guy that gets a highlight package in a game u r losing by 3 being out shot 27-14 in the 3rd with 8 min left and John Garrett shows him hitting but not hard, shooting but, not scoring and says tonight he has been by far the best Canuck...

Hansen has 2 yrs left so protecting him might not make the most sense but our GM has been know to do stupid things so u never Know...

3 dmen are I would assume would be Edler if he doesn't wave and I don't see him waving, Tanev and Gudbransson with Hutton exempt...

So the prospects of Losing a 6'8 Dman who kills penalties probably could stand in front of the net on the pp gets less and less appealing as the days tick off...

The Gm is going to have to try REAL HARD TO MOVE EDLER for a pick possibly make a deal with Vegas down the road to keep them from poaching but the GM has work too do....
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canuck fans Can we all Count to 10

Post by Topper »

Another Passionate way of looking at it is; what one player are you going to loose?

Only one player from each team can be claimed. The bigger game is to assemble predictions of all teams lists, see who else may be available and offer up the less enticing option.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't think Tryamkin has to be protected. Rodin may have to be though. If he has a good year , flip Hansen at the deadline and then you are only fussing over Gaunce or Granlund .Both of those guys are fringe NHLers at best barring a breakout so it isnt much of a loss. Teams with actual depth will be forced to expose good players. This won't be a problem for Vancouver.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This is way early to be doing this from the Canucks prospective.
JUNE. !7th, 2017 is when we submit our list.
Maybe some teams with windows for the next 3 years with a more set line-up could be giving it some thought now but not us, not yet.
We have NO idea what this team will look like in April.
Besides, I look at this expansion draft as a potential opportunity, not a big scary doomsday... ;)
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:This is way early to be doing this from the Canucks prospective.
Maybe some teams with windows for the next 3 years with a more set line-up could be giving it some thought now but not us, not yet.
Besides, I look at this expansion draft as a potential opportunity, not a big scary doomsday... ;)
How the hell is this way too early? LOL. That's like ignoring yiour massive credit card debt and just keep on cranking it up. "Lalalalalalala...I hear nothing I see nothing!" The storm a cometh, those who prepare now win in the end. It isn't going away Mickey, it will just keep on getting bigger and bigger in the rearview mirror as the season wears on, and trickier to deal with with each passing day. Nip it now, tear that fucking bandaid off!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:
How the hell is this way too early? LOL. That's like ignoring yiour massive credit card debt and just keep on cranking it up. "Lalalalalalala...I hear nothing I see nothing!" The storm a cometh, those who prepare now win in the end. It isn't going away Mickey, it will just keep on getting bigger and bigger in the rearview mirror as the season wears on, and trickier to deal with with each passing day. Nip it now, tear that fucking bandaid off!
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

micky107 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
You know nothing!!!! (except how to mouth off and cause problems).
Your hockey sense is one of blow with the wind, or repeat something you heard on the radio,
and that's probably giving you TOO MUCH CREDIT!!!!

Bet you post in the mirror.
I'll talk to you when you start making any sort of hockey sense. :look:
You are a feisty bugger aren't you? :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Alright... i smell a meltdown.

Better pop an extra bag for this one

Edit:not you dbm
If you need air...call it in
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't think Tryamkin has to be protected. Rodin may have to be though. If he has a good year , flip Hansen at the deadline and then you are only fussing over Gaunce or Granlund .Both of those guys are fringe NHLers at best barring a breakout so it isnt much of a loss. Teams with actual depth will be forced to expose good players. This won't be a problem for Vancouver.
the KHL yrs don't count as a Pro??? if they don't thats good...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tryamkin is exempt from the expansion draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Why I'd like to trade Hansen + one of Gaunce or Grans for a big top 6 forward and protect that new guy.

If that's not in the cards I'd expose Hansen and protect Gaunce or Granlund whoever will have the better 2016/17 season. As Hansen probably wouldn't be that enticing to Vegas with only 1 year left on his contract.

Gaunce/Rodin are looking like keepers.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/artic ... d-to-vegas
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote:Why I'd like to trade Hansen + one of Gaunce or Grans for a big top 6 forward and protect that new guy.

If that's not in the cards I'd expose Hansen and protect Gaunce or Granlund whoever will have the better 2016/17 season. As Hansen probably wouldn't be that enticing to Vegas with only 1 year left on his contract.

Gaunce/Rodin are looking like keepers.
If Hansen still has wheels, he'll be a great expansion player. Plays hard and smart, and has some good leadership skills. He's still my leading contender for being picked off at the expansion draft.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Would Vegas want a Sedin?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Kenji wrote:Would Vegas want a Sedin?
No, but you have to protect them because they have NMCs.

generalfanager has a tool to play around with:
http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

Right now I have:
Markstrom
Edler
Tanev
Guds
Sedin
Sedin
Eriksson
Sutter
Horvat
Baert
Gaunce

Will likely change as we get closer to year end! Could see Rodin bumping Gaunce (but I like that he's only 22) or Baert. Hell if Sutter doesn't show well this year or is out long term again we could leave him exposed as a calculated risk.

So leaves Granlund, Rodin, Hansen for the pickings. But we'd only lose 1 if I recall the rules correctly.

I'd probably try to move Hansen for a pick to a team that could use him and has the protection spots available.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sutter has a full nmc. He has to be protected.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”