Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: I think he'd waive to come to here.
*sigh*
.... I wish I was a mind reader..

:drink:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

SKYO wrote:Seabrook would probably be our best dman for the next five, six years.
If Seabrook's out best dman when he's 38 then I want off this "retool on the fly".
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

BurningBeard wrote:
SKYO wrote:Seabrook would probably be our best dman for the next five, six years.
If Seabrook's out best dman when he's 38 then I want off this "retool on the fly".
Juolevi will be.

But for now Seabrook > Edler, Gudbranson, Tanev.

& at least Seabrook can be a good top pairing dman and score points, & he'd probably propel Hutton into another level of play.

Then Edler and Stecher can be in a preferred 2nd pairing.

Juolevi gets sheltered minutes if he makes the team and gets to develop slowly to take over in a few years.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He wouldn't want to play on a bottom 3 team for the foreseeable future . His contract won't be so good in a few more years so unless they are taking Eriksson back , fuck it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

SKYO wrote:Blackhawks fans and maybe Bowman want to shake things up a bit with their core.

People thinking 32 yr old Seabrook would be first to move, but his contract is gross.

I think with the infamous change of scenery! Seabrook could do well on another team.

So if they want to get younger I'd offer up one shiny 25 year old *Erik Gudbranson and one of the wingers like Grans.

Pair up Huts with Seabrook as the new top pairing.
Edler - Stecher #2.

This could open new options like dealing Tanev still for a nice haul.
food for thought | *or swap tanev-guds.

No, no, hell no. There is NO way Canucks are dealing for a 32 year old D man who has passed his prime. Oh, he also has an insane contract. That is just insanity. Why on earth would a rebuilding team want to acquire a 32 year old D man?!!?!?!?!?!!?

I doubt Edler waives but if he does then he could get us a couple solid prospects.

I sense Hutton will be moved. Fine if the return is good.

Tanev is a solid option too. He'd be worth a couple high end prospects at the very least.

I just don't know if the Canucks have the balls to make these moves.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:He wouldn't want to play on a bottom 3 team for the foreseeable future.

His contract won't be so good in a few more years so unless they are taking Eriksson back , fuck it.
Eriksson can be dealt in a few years no sweat, like I said Seabrook already has his Cups, so the hope is maybe Bowman wants to shake things up and asks him to waive and pick some teams to be traded to, hoping BC hometown would be nice - http://globalnews.ca/news/812139/b-c-bo ... back-home/ south delta boy with the family here.

To save on cap, I'd deal tanev/grans for seabrook and guds for a young powerforward.

Sbisa only has a year left.

Raddysh can come in 2019, further the build, Brisebois, Chatfeild etc.

Seabrook will the only vet in a couple years, as by then as Edler can be dealt in his final year of his contract at the TDD, Brent not a bad veteran to have while all the new guys pop their NHL cherries.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Skyo, I'm with you bro! And kudos for an outside the box proposal!

I'd see trading for Seabrook as a bit of a salary dump move for Chicago. I'd take his contract straight up for Edler, Chicago gets a downgrade on the player but gets cap relief now and in the future.

If any of our younger players are going the other way, I'd hold out for picks to take on that contract. No way will Chicago retain any salary, so they have to sweeten the pot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The much overrated Seabrook is 32 years old with a 6.75 million cap hit until 2023-24 season ends. LOL, nice one SKYO
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:LOL, nice one SKYO
Ya I'll give that a pass...2023 bro. 2023!
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:LOL, nice one SKYO
Ya I'll give that a pass...2023 bro. 2023!
Ya just know ole Roberto (Bloberino) Macenzzi the Sicilian Greaseball in a black Denali with Hubcap spinners would love old man Seabrook and his endless giant cap hit contract. He loves old school Canadiana Hockey that is fully completely not relevant anymore.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Honestly, no offence Skyo, but the the Seabrook trade makes absolutely 0 sense and is just plain stupid. It really is. Canucks are rebuilding. Seabrook is 32 and, if you've watch him play lately, is declining and on the way down. There is zero chance anyone with any idea is dealing Edler for Seabrook.

If you get Special Ed to waive his NTC then you pick up picks and/or young players and/or prospects. Edler still has value and I would not be shocked if he agreed to a move. He looked very uninterested down the stretch. I wouldn't blame him if he is tired of being on the Canucks. I am sure he realizes he will not be on the Canucks when they are able to legitimately contend for a Cup. So, why not move while other teams want you and you're in your prime years? Makes sense to me and I am hoping he moves. It'd be great if we moved Edler and maybe Tanev or Hutton. Canucks could get some very nice young pieces in return.

If Canucks managed to move Hutton/Tanev and Edler then we'd have some nice young pieces in the fold. This would also open the door for Benning to pursue Shattenkirk. I'd look at giving him a 7 year deal falling in the $45 mill range.

Possible moves:

Hutton and a 3rd to Buffalo for Sam Reinhart

Tanev and Edler (retain part of one of their contracts) to Minnesota for Joel Erikkson Ek, Jordan Greenway and Alex Tuch. Minny may need to send a bad contract our way as well.

That gives the Canucks some high end forwards and some of those guys could be moved to the wing. Allow Greenway and Tuch to develop. Erikkson Ek and Reinhart are good to go in the bigs.

Next year we could look like:

Baertschi/Horvat/Boeser

Sedin/Sedin/Goldobin

Granlund/Reinhart/Sutter

Gaunce/Erikkson Ek/Eriksson

Dorsett/Boucher (?)

Sbisa/Shattenkirk

Gudbranson/Stecher

Pedan/Subban

Biega(?)

I'd like to see Sutter go but I think he'll be around for a while. Virtanen may have improved in Utica but now there's way more competition and he won't be making the cut. Hopefully he'll figure it out next year.

I think there's a nice Sedin succession plan in place. There will be room for Tuch, Dahlen and others once the Sedins retire. I'd also like to see Loui Erikkson go but that will be tough. He's another guy that might be around for a while. Juolevi should get more time in the minors and get more seasoned (maybe Europe for next season).

Guys like Megna, Chaput and Cramarossa would be Utica bound and get the calls when need be.

These trades should go down prior to the draft. The focus then would be on D. Canucks could even trade down and still pick up a D man.

A bit of a stretch? Maybe put this one under the fantasy section. :D
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote:Skyo, I'm with you bro! And kudos for an outside the box proposal!

I'd see trading for Seabrook as a bit of a salary dump move for Chicago. I'd take his contract straight up for Edler, Chicago gets a downgrade on the player but gets cap relief now and in the future.

If any of our younger players are going the other way, I'd hold out for picks to take on that contract. No way will Chicago retain any salary, so they have to sweeten the pot.
Word ESQ, it's been a hard battle taking on the entire Canucks nation, standing my ground in this dog eat dog world, with ruthless savages.
RoyalDude wrote:The much overrated Seabrook is 32 years old with a 6.75 million cap hit until 2023-24 season ends. LOL, nice one SKYO
If we are going to overpay one veteran dman I'd rather it be someone like Seabrook who can still score 40+ points while being a ironworker punch you in the face grunt warrior around the net and in the scrums of shaolin.

I'd rather overpay Seabrook who can play big minutes top pairing still, rather than overpay Gudbranson who'll likely command 4m- 5m per, I'd rather spend a few extra bucks on Seabrook.

You see another big guy Chara still playing relatively decent for the Bruins at 40, Seabrook's contract ends when he's 39.

The Blackhawks wouldn't even think of moving Seabrook if it wasn't for the cap.

Other factors not thought of, like Chara, when you play with these types they can significantly improve their d-partner's play and thus increase their value.

Chara made Hamilton and Carlo value insane quite quickly, now Seabrook can do similar for players such as Ben Hutton, and down the road Juolevi can up his play to help the Canucks quicker, as Seabrook knows how to score and battle.

And if we get to the big dance again boys, Seabrook's experience alone would be the icing on the cake with that winning attitude.

The value of having a Seabrook to play and mentor the Canucks kids on defense would be invaluable for future success--much better than what Edler/Tanev/Gudbranson can provide. Hell Seabrook will probably get more points than Edler, Tanev and Gudbranson combined.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Seabrook without Keith is barely more than a more physical, right-shooting Edler.

Seabrook without Keith, Kane, Toews, Hossa, or Panarin, is a 30 point blueliner at best. He's a career 36 point producer s. He's hit 10 goals one time in his career, he put up 3 goals and 36 assists this year.....playing on the best team (and 4th highest scoring) in the West. I don't know how you can even speculate that he would be a guy we could count on for 40+ points from the back end.....he's only hit the 40 point mark 3 times in his entire career. But yeah, you're right, he would come to Vancouver and put up his best numbers yet with a far, FAR, weaker supporting cast.

You're comparing Seabrook to Chara.....Big Z is a one man blueline. He's an anchor that you build around. Seabrook is a #2 guy who hasn't won anything in terms of individual awards at the NHL level. Seabrook would NOT increase the value of any of our young defenseman. 2 years from now he might make them look good just by being slower and older as he declines further.

I can't figure out why you're so consistently delusional. I swear the only person on your level was hjumaeni.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

He can continue to produce here, he'll get top pairing minutes and #1 powerplay time, he's clutch and when Keith is injured he's been a iron curtain defensively.

Seabrook scored 32 & 24 points before Kane, Toews, Panarin, Hossa arrived.

A lot of the top tier dmen in the league can play well into their late 30's, this should hold true to this beast, plus being around a lot of hungry young guys could spark him too.

The fact remains Seabrook wouldn't cost much asset wise and sadly he'd be our best dman for awhile, don't you think he's better than Edler, Tanev and Guds?

I haven't heard any decent reply on the comparison from Seabrook > Edler (everyone wants gone) - Tanev & Guds (where the puck dies on their stick).
Jan.2016
[about Seabrook]
"Quietly the best two/three D-man in the game," Kings coach Darryl Sutter said via text message this week. "Plays every situation, whichever type of game it is. Great playoff stats and big goals. Three Cups, Olympic gold, world junior gold. All-Star Game last year. Power play, penalty kill and leadership."

Let's just state the obvious here: Sutter isn't one for hyperbole. But it very much captures the feeling of many opposing coaches, players and hockey executives around the league when it comes to the level of respect that's out there for the playoff warrior Seabrook.

Forward Andrew Desjardins added: "He's an amazing player and leader. He's really vocal in the room. He's on top of guys. Guys don't get off the hook with him. Which is good. He's a good leader.

"And his shot is just one-of-a-kind. I didn't realize how good a shot it was until I got here, and how heavy and accurate it is. Just smarts all around. Obviously just an outstanding defenseman."

We've established a culture in Chicago of winning. That culture continues to grow. The new guys that come in all want that opportunity and that taste."
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/1457 ... stands-out
Acquiring Seabrook at his lowest value is just a smart, smart pickup for this rebuilding team, he's been a key dman at every level, vocal leader, captain material, local guy to boot.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: Acquiring Seabrook at his lowest value is just a smart, smart pickup for this rebuilding team, he's been a key dman at every level, vocal leader, captain material, local guy to boot.
What kind of impact do you think he'll have here? Even if he kept up his pace, and became our 4th-highest scoring player, what does that do for our team? Going Edler-Seabrook gets us what, maybe an extra 5-8 points in the standings? Great, so we miss the playoffs by 17 points instead of 25 lol.

This team needs so much more than a Brent Seabrook until he's 39. If we're going to move Edler, trade him for someone that can actually help us in 5-7 years.