Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think the hype for trading Tanev now has to do with his NTC kicking in July 1st. Right now there are 30 teams, including Vegas, that we can deal him to.

I would be content to see Sbisa dealt. I would be real happy if Sbisa plus Edler were dealt and us keeping Tanev. But Tanev might bring back the best return.

We could afford to trade two LD moving forward. Keeping Tanev keeps our right side strong.
It's a list of 8 teams he cannot be traded to, so, it's not a big deal. He just doesn't want to play for a few crappy teams. going from 30 to 22 teams to work with doesn't change his value in a meaningful way.

I still say we should expose Edler. But, if he isn't taken by Las Vegas, we are stuck with him...
If Benning and Linden reach the point where they want to move Edler he will be moved. I just don't think they see things the way most of us do. We could force him out but we might have to settle for a 2nd round pick.

Benning stated a few times he liked have a tough hard hitting Dman on each pairing and specifically named Edler, Gudbranson, and Sbisa. Left Trymankin off the list but that was very early in the season. So I just don't think Benning is where I'd like him to be in this regard. Hope he proves me wrong. I see that Tanev would bring a big return but I also think a healthy Tanev anchors our D.

But someone has to go. Wonder how Edler would feel if he was exposed, taken or not :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I think the hype for trading Tanev now has to do with his NTC kicking in July 1st. Right now there are 30 teams, including Vegas, that we can deal him to.

I would be content to see Sbisa dealt. I would be real happy if Sbisa plus Edler were dealt and us keeping Tanev. But Tanev might bring back the best return.

We could afford to trade two LD moving forward. Keeping Tanev keeps our right side strong.
It's a list of 8 teams he cannot be traded to, so, it's not a big deal. He just doesn't want to play for a few crappy teams. going from 30 to 22 teams to work with doesn't change his value in a meaningful way.

I still say we should expose Edler. But, if he isn't taken by Las Vegas, we are stuck with him...
If Benning and Linden reach the point where they want to move Edler he will be moved. I just don't think they see things the way most of us do. We could force him out but we might have to settle for a 2nd round pick.

Benning stated a few times he liked have a tough hard hitting Dman on each pairing and specifically named Edler, Gudbranson, and Sbisa. Left Trymankin off the list but that was very early in the season. So I just don't think Benning is where I'd like him to be in this regard. Hope he proves me wrong. I see that Tanev would bring a big return but I also think a healthy Tanev anchors our D.

But someone has to go. Wonder how Edler would feel if he was exposed, taken or not :mrgreen:
The most likely scenario is to expose and lose Sbisa, then see if the new coach can get Edler playing fewer minutes, and move towards a respectable +/-. Edler is a heck of a lot beter at 20 minutes a night than he is at 24+minutes.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

YouGottaBeFullRetardToSuggestExposingEdler
Uncle dans leg wrote:
SKYO wrote: add some scoring punch that Eriksson can provide them
:lol:

Not sure but him sucking might have something to say about that
He scored 30 just a year ago, on a better team with a playmaker and a coach to utilize him correctly is all he needs, simple task with a different team.

Hockey Widow wrote:Dallas is intriguing and when Nil hired Hitch he said Dallas is not rebuilding, they've already done that. They need to add a few pieces to fill holes. I agree they will go after one of the top goalies too.

If they could add a solid top four D and a top six winger I could see them go for it. Edler ya they'd be interested in but I'm not so sure Louie with the season he had would be a target for them.

...have repeatedly said they are looking to move a D for for a high pick or top prospect or top six or a combination of those things. In reality only Tanev and possibly Edler will return that. So they may opt to move a younger D for something less.
Yup with Alex' NTC, Edler will probably want to stay on the west coast as well, Dallas will get better, Hamhuis vouch, Stars really need some vet help on LD, they got some guys with size (Faksa, Ritchie, Nichushkin) to deal, picks, it all makes sense!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I think Tanev has reached his ceiling.

A valuable defender yes, but in no way an anchor.

It wouldn't take much to convince Edler a fresh start would be best for his career. Providing a decent list of desired destinations would determine his return.

Stech, Tree, Guds and Olli are the future. Is there a top pairing in there somewhere, or does Benning need to bring in a stud?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A word of caution;
After Subban and Pedan, we really don't have a whole lot of depth on defense on the farm.
I loathe the idea of trading more than one of our top eight.
Edler, because of age and possible ongoing back issues makes the most sense.
Sbisa seems to be more of a lack of popularity thing around here, (and the contract), but he's a top 6 for sure.
We hope Vegas takes Biega, and they might well do that but even he was valuable to us this year with all the injuries.
All the injuries! How many years of multiple D-men falling to injury is it going to take before we realize that we should probably just expect it every year. I have no problem with having a top 6 D-man in the press box every game.
You could alternate them. This may well be something teams start doing. Of course, you have to have the cap space.
It will be a great bonus if Juolevi has a great off season and makes the team.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BladesofSteel wrote:I think Tanev has reached his ceiling.

It wouldn't take much to convince Edler a fresh start would be best for his career. Providing a decent list of desired destinations would determine his return.

Stech, Tree, Guds and Olli are the future. Is there a top pairing in there somewhere, or does Benning need to bring in a stud?
Right as rain. Tanev would be my number 1 trading chip as well and I also think a line up would form for Edler if Benning can talk him into packing...and that should be done before free agent season.
The young 4 moving forward would look alot better with that stud youre mentioning...wonder where you dig those up
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:I think Tanev has reached his ceiling.

Right as rain. Tanev would be my number 1 trading chip as well and I also think a line up would form for Edler if Benning can talk him into packing...and that should be done before free agent season.
The young 4 moving forward would look alot better with that stud youre mentioning...wonder where you dig those up
If we are hanging onto Stech, Tree, Guds and Olli that leaves some awesome trading chips on the backend.

Tanev, Edler and Hutton. There's a plethora of teams who would like any of those 3 on their team. Edler will have a say in where he goes, Tanev will after this season so perhaps we move him sooner rather than later (or he has a list of 8 teams he won't go too which isn't that bad) but Hutton is open season.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

I would be content to see Sbisa dealt.
Can we trade Tanev to Vegas for their 1st? Imagine our luck if we could get Nolan Patrick AND Nico Hischier? :D
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

griz wrote:

Can we trade Tanev to Vegas for their 1st? Imagine our luck if we could get Nolan Patrick AND Nico Hischier? :D
I highly doubt the Knights would trade their first ever 1st round pick for Tanev.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Jovocop wrote:
griz wrote:

I highly doubt the Knights would trade their first ever 1st round pick for Tanev.
Understatement of the year! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
griz wrote:

Understatement of the year! :D
Youd have to sweeten the pot with chapoo or megma :lol:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Sportsnet‏@Sportsnet
According to reports, Jack Eichel isn't interested in re-signing with the Sabres if Dan Bylsma stays on as coach. http://sprtsnt.ca/2oVBYdK
Eichel might be available but the Canucks might not have enough assets to trade for him. Would Tanev + this year first rounder be enough to start the conversation? :mrgreen:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Bye-Bye-Bylsma then.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote:
Sportsnet‏@Sportsnet
According to reports, Jack Eichel isn't interested in re-signing with the Sabres if Dan Bylsma stays on as coach. http://sprtsnt.ca/2oVBYdK
Eichel might be available but the Canucks might not have enough assets to trade for him. Would Tanev + this year first rounder be enough to start the conversation? :mrgreen:
You know, I think it just might! Not just because I personally do but I'm considering in to it that to some organizations, would be hesitant getting involved with a young player who would say such a thing.
That is of course if this turns out to be true.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Coaches are a dime a dozen, top young players...not so much.
Bylsma is busy typing his resume right now