Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Edler and Hansen for Lindholm. Sure maybe they will take Mackenzie Stewart as a sweetener. That should be enough. Lmfao
Well they traded a 2nd rounder for Bieksa LMFAO.
& got Raymond of all things.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Now all they need is Burrows?
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:bruh, tampa bay fans not flaming this trade ideal over at hf, contemplating it over.
Kucherov, Nesterov
for
Hansen, Boeser, Subban, 1st
fireup the faxes jb/stevie y.

Essentially Hansen + Boeser + a 1st for KUCH.
In every trade you make SKYO it's like you totally forget who the player you are after has been playing with.

Kucherov came into his own on the "Triplet" line. His linemates were Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat. Both of those guys would be top 3 on the Canucks in terms of speed. Palat has some grit, and can crash and bang, and Johnson is a very quick, shifty, and savvy, playmaker. Who do the Canucks have that Kucherov could skate with that approach the level of those two guys? Nobody.

The Sedins are skilled, but they don't have the foot-speed to utilize a guy like Kucherov. Hank and Dank are too "patterned" these days, they aren't as spontaneous as they once were. Kucherov thrives in a system where the system is designed to be broken at times. South of the Twins we have nobody that fits with him. Horvat isn't the playmaker that Johnson is, and neither are any of our other wingers.

So what is already an over-payment becomes gross rape on the part of Tampa. Not only do they get our best forward prospect, one who could very well become a player on the same level as Kucherov, they also get a 1st round pick, a blueline prospect, and our best bottom-6 winger.

Good trade SKYO. There's a reason Tampa fans on HF boards are actually mulling it over.....it's a landslide win for them.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I have a feeling no trade satisfies Mëds, every trade sucks or is an overpayment.

aha

Stamkos when he played with Kuch.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/l ... ry/2270850
"Obviously you're trying to find some balance, but any time you get a chance to play with him, it's always fun. You look at the skill set he possesses, it's the smarts, too. He knows where to put the puck. He knows where to be. He knows where to support. And when you give him the puck in scoring areas, he can put it in the back of the net."

Kucherov spent most of last season on the Triplets line with C Tyler Johnson and LW Ondrej Palat. Early this season he saw action on a line with Stamkos and C Vladislav Namestnikov. Kucherov said he watched how Marty St. Louis complemented Stamkos a few years ago and tried to implement what he learned.
I feel Kucherov is more like a player who can play with anyone and make them better, I bet Palat/Johnson's point total go down without Kucherov, similar to JVR and Bozak without Kessel.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

I'm not gonna bother trying to figure out what would be fair market value, but I'm with Skyo - I'm bullish on Kucherov. He's got more to give and barring injury I think he improves his totals yet again this year (assuming he actually has a contract and is playing from the start of the season).
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jacob Trouba officially demands trade out of Winnipeg.

Worth asking?
"evolution"
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

micky107 wrote:Jacob Trouba officially demands trade out of Winnipeg.

Worth asking?
He's playing behind Buff and Myers. Here, he'd be behind Tanev and Gudbranson.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

BladesofSteel wrote:

Worth asking?
Too bad Guds couldn't fetch Trouba.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

asidas wrote:if i can recall.. there's been some speculation that Baertchi will be playing with Granlund. Horvat going back with the grinders, ala gaunce, etem, dorsett.

Rodin knowing granlund definately helps. So a line of Baertchi Granlund Rodin will probably be tried out over preseason.

Also, Thanks strangelove for defending Sutter. I dont understand the hate on for this guy. If he was healthy last year, he would've allowed Horvat to surpass his 40 point total. The Fact that Horvat had to match up against every teams top line with baertchi in tow. Aint the duo that should be matching up against the others best. However, I feel Sutter should go back to playing with the sedins. It's painful to watch Henrik get on his knees to take a draw. Allow Sutter to take the faceoffs and tackle the defensive work for Henrik, so the two of them can man the points on their break outs.

I dont see a place for hansen and burrows, which leads me to believe hansen will be packaged in a deal and burrows sent to the minors as sign for rookies and vets that all positions must be earned.

My kick at the can with a dream lineup with adding landeskog.

Sedin Sedin Sutter
Landeskog Horvat Eriksson
Baertchi Granlund Rodin / Virtanen
Etem Gaunce Virtanen/ruutu
Dorsett

Edler Gudbranson
Hutton Tanev
Tryamkin Larsen
Pedan Stecher

Miller
Marky

I believe if gudbranson is paired with Edler, look for edlers balls to grow. The hits that Edler would dish out then get challenged afterwards only lasts for so long. Edler turtles and you dont see it from him any more. Guddy was getting top minutes for florida in the playoffs. I think he is everything this team has needed for a long time.

I havent been as excited for a team as i am for Bennings turnover. I have loved everything he's tried doing. Some flopped, some struck gold..

welcome to the board. You sound like a fan which is nice to read. Mixing words there but WTF? It is Sunday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

cfp wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:

Worth asking?
Benning would need to add significantly. I like Trouba but we don't have the assets.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

cfp wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:

Worth asking?
Welcome back Cookie!!!

I think at this stage, I'd take Gudy over Trouba. His toughness and leadership is exactly what this blueline sorely lacks.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Worth asking?
remember my post that got deleted a few weeks ago about some rumours? Well I mentioned that Trouba said he never wants to play a game again in winnipeg........ so wheres my medal and apology?????
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

JonT21 wrote:

Worth asking?
remember my post that got deleted a few weeks ago about some rumours? Well I mentioned that Trouba said he never wants to play a game again in winnipeg........ so wheres my medal and apology?????
Pin the tail on the donkey :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sorry pal, you walked right into that.. :lol:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bruins and Coyotes are apparently hard after Trouba. Not sure about those two teams cause the Jets want a quality D-man back. Yotes could offer up Chychrun and the Bruins could offer up MaCAvoy or Zboril but they would have to offer up a helluva lot more than that to make it work. Both teams have the prospect pool and picks to make it work though
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

JonT21 bob mac said there were rumours Trouba wanted out since the spring, so it's no surprise really.

--

As for Trouba, only thing is Jets want to contend now, so no go on prospects/picks.

Gardiner is probably the best option, but the leaves will have to give salary back to the Jets OR give up prospects they might not to, plus the leaves might not want to give Trouba more money than Reilly (5m) anyways.

Enter the Canucks.....:D

Tanman has a good contract and is from Toronto, Tanev and Reilly would form an elite pairing for years to come, Reilly is a natural LD, forced to right iirc.
To make it worthwhile for the Canucks we'd ship Winnipeg boy back to his hometown Hansen.

leaves: Tanev

Canucks: Trouba + Stafford (UFA - july)

Jets: Gardiner + Hansen (TWO yrs left, cheap contract) + leaves 2nd (they got three of em)

We get a slight upgrade on Tanev, and get top 6 forward with size.