2016 Youngstars Tournament in Penticton

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: 2016 Youngstars Tournament in Penticton

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Book it! Juolevi is a bust, folks!
Whoooooooooooooooosh

Exactly why The Dude is a must read.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Just in case anyone needed a kick to the nuts today.
Gustav Forsling is an NHL player right now. While he’s not exactly facing NHL competition in the rookie tournament, he’s been by far the best defenseman on the ice in the Blackhawks’ first two games. One NHL scout said, “He’s the best player in the tournament.”

Forsling skates at a high level which benefits in all zones. He can break up plays with his stick. He’s isn’t afraid to get involved offensively, but he picks his spots and is mindful of his defensive responsibilities. He’s poised with the puck with or without pressure coming out of the defensive zone and is comfortable carrying the puck out himself or finding a forward for a breakout. He can also create offensively with a strong shot and distributing the puck. On one play Saturday, he intercepted a pass in the neutral zone, took off for the offensive zone and placed a wrist shot over the goalie’s left shoulder from the left circle for a goal.

The issue now for the Blackhawks is they likely have an NHL-ready defenseman, but don’t have a NHL place for him. As ESPN NHL draft and prospect analyst Corey Pronman said Saturday, “I know there’s not any roster spots on the Blackhawks, but he could play in the NHL right now.”
Fuck! You just knew the kid had a decent game coming. He was very good that tournament right before we traded him for whichever washout we got for him...who was it again?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Clendening
Gustav Forsling is an NHL player right now.
Well to me an NHL player is someone who plays in the NHL, but agreed Benning is a drafting genius!

Nabbed him in the 5th round amirite? :mrgreen:

Back to Sweden with Forsling then?
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Trade forsling back to the canucks, mega trade.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
Whoooooooooooooooosh
A lotta whooshing in this thread amirite? :mrgreen:

Hopefully folks can shake off the rust and getter going...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:Hopefully folks can shake off the rust and getter going...
It's pre-season for everyone...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Well to me an NHL player is someone who plays in the NHL, but agreed Benning is a drafting genius!

Nabbed him in the 5th round amirite? :mrgreen:
He drafts like Mensa candidate and trades like a schizophrenic hobo.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gustav Forsling is an NHL player right now. While he’s not exactly facing NHL competition in the rookie tournament, he’s been by far the best defenseman on the ice in the Blackhawks’ first two games. One NHL scout said, “He’s the best player in the tournament.”

Forsling skates at a high level which benefits in all zones. He can break up plays with his stick. He’s isn’t afraid to get involved offensively, but he picks his spots and is mindful of his defensive responsibilities. He’s poised with the puck with or without pressure coming out of the defensive zone and is comfortable carrying the puck out himself or finding a forward for a breakout. He can also create offensively with a strong shot and distributing the puck. On one play Saturday, he intercepted a pass in the neutral zone, took off for the offensive zone and placed a wrist shot over the goalie’s left shoulder from the left circle for a goal.

The issue now for the Blackhawks is they likely have an NHL-ready defenseman, but don’t have a NHL place for him. As ESPN NHL draft and prospect analyst Corey Pronman said Saturday, “I know there’s not any roster spots on the Blackhawks, but he could play in the NHL right now.”
Book it! Forsling is the next coming of Erik Karlsson, folks!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:
Whoooooooooooooooosh

Exactly why The Dude is a must read.
I was so overwhelmed by Nuckster's scouting of the "bust" - Juolevi I just had to book it!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Who in the hell is saying he is a bust, I see someone posting that he wasn't spectacular and he was there live to watch him. No wonder this site has trouble getting lurkers to post.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:No wonder this site has trouble getting lurkers to post.
Not a problem at this site.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule ... t_culture)

In Internet culture, the 1% rule is a rule of thumb pertaining to participation in an internet community, stating that only 1% of the users of a website actively create new content, while the other 99% of the participants only lurk.

Variants include the 1-9-90 rule (sometimes 90–9–1 principle or the 89:10:1 ratio),[1] which states that in a collaborative website such as a wiki, 90% of the participants of a community only view content, 9% of the participants edit content, and 1% of the participants actively create new content.

Having said that, when Corn wooed some lurkers out of the shadows recently

... I found myself wishing some of them would post more often.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Island Nucklehead wrote:He drafts like Mensa candidate and trades like a schizophrenic hobo.
So, is there a way for the ownership/management group to maximize the Mensa part and hobble the hobo ? Would it be politically possible to set up a situation where Trevor reviews trades and contracts (supposing, for the sake of argument, that he'd be any better) ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:He drafts like Mensa candidate and trades like a schizophrenic hobo.
So, is there a way for the ownership/management group to maximize the Mensa part and hobble the hobo ? Would it be politically possible to set up a situation where Trevor reviews trades and contracts (supposing, for the sake of argument, that he'd be any better) ?
No need, IN is wrong, Benning is tickety boo when it comes to trading.

He is building a great team before our very eyes, all we need-do is be patient...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Objectivity is a swear word when it comes to the guzzlers and how they stick by their man.

YUCK :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
I think ownership is what's encouraging the hobo to go rummaging through the dumpster in the hopes of finding some table scraps that will fill the belly for one more night.