Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not shocked seeing Byfield at 17th

I noticed no Tyler Madden in the list. Looks like Benning sold Madden at a premium
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 am Not shocked seeing Byfield at 17th

I noticed no Tyler Madden in the list. Looks like Benning sold Madden at a premium
Yup. It was pretty clear to many that you cant expect to be an impact NHL prospect knocking on the door when youre 5'11 and buck fifty still at 21. The kid wont make it
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:50 am Americans on the list

Caufield
Knight
Boldy
Sanderson
Kaliyev
Robertson
Farrance
Turcotte
Faber
Bordeleau
Swayman
Dugan
York
Brisson
Wolf
Abruzzese

16 Americans and 22 Canadians on the list. The Americans are closing the gap
WJC -18 gold medals to 5. 33 medals to 13.

Best on best men’s-5/6 gold for Canada, 0 for US.

Yeah I’d say Canada is ok. Any kinda goaltending in a few of those years and we are at 21 gold likely.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Vin Tanner »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 am Not shocked seeing Byfield at 17th

I noticed no Tyler Madden in the list. Looks like Benning sold Madden at a premium
Yup. It was pretty clear to many that you cant expect to be an impact NHL prospect knocking on the door when youre 5'11 and buck fifty still at 21. The kid wont make it
He may or he may not, but the Kings have an absolutely stacked system. Stacked!!! Our best guy barely made the list.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:59 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 am Not shocked seeing Byfield at 17th

I noticed no Tyler Madden in the list. Looks like Benning sold Madden at a premium
Yup. It was pretty clear to many that you cant expect to be an impact NHL prospect knocking on the door when youre 5'11 and buck fifty still at 21. The kid wont make it
He may or he may not, but the Kings have an absolutely stacked system. Stacked!!! Our best guy barely made the list.
Thats only because the canucks top end prospects dont require much development and are impact NHL players
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Vin Tanner »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:59 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 am Not shocked seeing Byfield at 17th

I noticed no Tyler Madden in the list. Looks like Benning sold Madden at a premium
Yup. It was pretty clear to many that you cant expect to be an impact NHL prospect knocking on the door when youre 5'11 and buck fifty still at 21. The kid wont make it
He may or he may not, but the Kings have an absolutely stacked system. Stacked!!! Our best guy barely made the list.
Thats only because the canucks top end prospects dont require much development and are impact NHL players
Yeah it really shows that in the standings. :lol: But why is Podkolzin ranked so poorly?
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by ukcanuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 am Only one Canuck in Craig Button’s top 75 prospects list. But there are 7 LA Kings kids in the top 75. :lol:
That there would make me question Craig button and not just for his curly hair.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 am Only one Canuck in Craig Button’s top 75 prospects list. But there are 7 LA Kings kids in the top 75. :lol:
That there would make me question Craig button and not just for his curly hair.
Anti-semite!
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Vin Tanner »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 am Only one Canuck in Craig Button’s top 75 prospects list. But there are 7 LA Kings kids in the top 75. :lol:
That there would make me question Craig button and not just for his curly hair.
How many Canucks do you think should be on the list?
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Utica Comets are 6th overall in AHL by winning percentage after 9 games. The Ontario Rein are 24th in the AHL after 23 games

The Comets were one of the leagues best teams in the A until Covid hit the team with Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood, Rathbone and Woo all playing excellent hockey. Throw in Podkolzin, DiPietro, McDonaugh, Tryamkin, Juolevi and that Finn we drafted the Canucks prospect pool is still very excellent even after all the prospects we’ve graduated over the last 3 years

I noticed Evan Bouchard, Hughes draft class mate is still toiling on Prospect lists
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15801
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Micky »

DiPietro, will be on the big team next year.

Rathbone, will be on the big team next year.

Podkolzin, will be on the big team next year.

That's just one in each position. What a savings that is alone.
"evolution"
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:12 am
ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 am Only one Canuck in Craig Button’s top 75 prospects list. But there are 7 LA Kings kids in the top 75. :lol:
That there would make me question Craig button and not just for his curly hair.
Anti-semite!
Lol 😂 it’s all fun and games until I run for prime minister and somebody hacks Canucks corner and gets my real name.

But,

Why do you stereotype Jews as having curly hair?
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am Utica Comets are 6th overall in AHL by winning percentage after 9 games. The Ontario Rein are 24th in the AHL after 23 games

The Comets were one of the leagues best teams in the A until Covid hit the team with Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood, Rathbone and Woo all playing excellent hockey. Throw in Podkolzin, DiPietro, McDonaugh, Tryamkin, Juolevi and that Finn we drafted the Canucks prospect pool is still very excellent even after all the prospects we’ve graduated over the last 3 years

I noticed Evan Bouchard, Hughes draft class mate is still toiling on Prospect lists
The Kings had SEVEN prospects on the list. That might be a record. That’s six more guys than Vancouver had on there.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by ukcanuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:20 am
ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 am Only one Canuck in Craig Button’s top 75 prospects list. But there are 7 LA Kings kids in the top 75. :lol:
That there would make me question Craig button and not just for his curly hair.
How many Canucks do you think should be on the list?
Statistically a list would reflect the nationality make up of the league?
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:01 am
Why do you stereotype Jews as having curly hair?
They call it a jew-fro...?
If you need air...call it in
Post Reply