Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:13 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm Linus Karlsson is up to 16 points in 16 games. Might have a player here. He was a 3rd rounder of the Sharks who have been a pretty solid drafting team over the years. He is also a centre where the Canucks are razor thin in the pipeline.
Sounds like he projects to be a third/fourth center, which would be awesome if he hits. Him and that Russian they drafted this year, hopefully are able to develop into playable pieces.
If they get one solid bottom six centre out of Karlsson, Kostmar or the Russian down the road that will be huge moving forward. Time to start breaking in cheap labour in the next couple years.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:13 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm Linus Karlsson is up to 16 points in 16 games. Might have a player here. He was a 3rd rounder of the Sharks who have been a pretty solid drafting team over the years. He is also a centre where the Canucks are razor thin in the pipeline.
Sounds like he projects to be a third/fourth center, which would be awesome if he hits. Him and that Russian they drafted this year, hopefully are able to develop into playable pieces.
If they get one solid bottom six centre out of Karlsson, Kostmar or the Russian down the road that will be huge moving forward. Time to start breaking in cheap labour in the next couple years.
Yep this year will be the start of the cheap labour brigade, hopefully we got another round of guys in Lockwood and lind. Lockwood gives me motte vibes with even better skating ability.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Lockwood is a guy I keep forgetting about. He has speed to burn for sure. It sucks that we won’t see much of a camp. That Michaelis guy was another player I was looking forward to seeing. He’s an older prospect but apparently he is pretty quick which this organization needs big time.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:20 am Lockwood is a guy I keep forgetting about. He has speed to burn for sure. It sucks that we won’t see much of a camp. That Michaelis guy was another player I was looking forward to seeing. He’s an older prospect but apparently he is pretty quick which this organization needs big time.
There was a quote from benning in an article that harman kid wrote for the athletic

https://theathletic.co.uk/2212260/2020/ ... ng-talent/
“(Marc Michaelis) is another guy (to watch for),” said Benning. “He’s a playmaking centre ice man, but he’s got a real good, mature two-way game. He’s always on the right side of the puck, sees the ice really well, makes plays with the puck.

“He’s a little bit older — he’s 24. He’s been one of the top scoring players at the college hockey level the last few years. I’m excited to see where he kind of fits in with our group at camp.”
[MOD EDIT: Link added + snip... only short snippets from behind paywalls please]
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

High hopes for Lind and Hoglander this 2020/21 camp, hope one forces themselves onto the team ala Gaudette last year.

Podkolzin is a corsi god on his KHL team on the 4th line aka rookie line, playing among grown men in the 2nd best league in the world.

Another offseason of training next summer for Podz, he's already learning English, he should be kick ass next year in the 2021/22 Canucks camp, salivating a Hoglander - Petey - Podz line.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:23 am There was a quote from benning in an article that harman kid wrote for the athletic

https://theathletic.co.uk/2212260/2020/ ... ng-talent/
“(Marc Michaelis) is another guy (to watch for),” said Benning. “He’s a playmaking centre ice man, but he’s got a real good, mature two-way game. He’s always on the right side of the puck, sees the ice really well, makes plays with the puck.

“He’s a little bit older — he’s 24. He’s been one of the top scoring players at the college hockey level the last few years. I’m excited to see where he kind of fits in with our group at camp.”
I know there's a lack of physical play in these games but this guy is really good with the puck. At least Hoglanderish. Good call Rich.

3:07 min.
"evolution"
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:34 am High hopes for Lind and Hoglander this 2020/21 camp, hope one forces themselves onto the team ala Gaudette last year.

Podkolzin is a corsi god on his KHL team on the 4th line aka rookie line, playing among grown men in the 2nd best league in the world.

Another offseason of training next summer for Podz, he's already learning English, he should be kick ass next year in the 2021/22 Canucks camp, salivating a Hoglander - Petey - Podz line.
Same old story Skyo, too many 3rd & 4th line players making too much money for another year or two.
Can you imagine the outrage if they had Beagle, Sutter and Erikson sitting in the pressbox at the same time??!!
I do hope they look ready and get their maximum allowable games.
Maybe get in there if/when some injuries happen.
Lowered expectations
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:29 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:51 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 am

You do realize Nolan Patrick hasn’t played in more than a year...right?

The hockey world got a decent amount of looks on him before his layoff due to migraines. For a guy touted as no. 1 pick overall right up to draft day sure isn’t looking that good but maybe like Juolevi his injuries have slowed his development? Patrick is only 4 months younger than Juolevi. I repeat - 4 months
Yeah and he was good enough to crack an NHL roster and play two seasons after being drafted.
But he stunk leading up to the migraines, not good for a much ballyhooed 1st overall pick, he shouldn’t have been playing in the NHL, only was because he was a 2nd overall pick. But apparently according to Doyle, the book isn’t written on Patrick but it is on Olli. Let me state again - Patrick is just 4 months younger than Juolevi.
Nobody said anything about any books being written on anyone. But please continue to make shit up. It’s what you do best. Hell even your sig line is made up bullshit. You must have had a lot of imaginary friends growing up as a kid and an innate ability to tell tall tales and build straw men :lol:
Kevin “$7 million 7 years” Hayes is the teammate of Nolan “4 years younger than Olli “6’-3” 230 lbs” Juolevi” Patrick

Noah Dobson - 6’-4” 180 lbs
Brandon Sutter 6’-3” 190 lbs
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

dangler wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:34 am High hopes for Lind and Hoglander this 2020/21 camp, hope one forces themselves onto the team ala Gaudette last year.

Same old story Skyo, too many 3rd & 4th line players making too much money for another year or two.
Can you imagine the outrage if they had Beagle, Sutter and Erikson sitting in the pressbox at the same time??!!
I do hope they look ready and get their maximum allowable games.
Maybe get in there if/when some injuries happen.
miller-petey-virtanen
pearson-horvat-boeser
roussel-gaudette-hoglander
motte-beagle-sutter
macewen

eriksson can sit, he only played 49 games last season, but if it's a 60 game season, probably only play like 30, ferland LTIR, baertschi in Utica.
After this season, pearson and sutter's contracts expire and seattle takes a player.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Aaaaaannnnnndddd this is what smoking rock does to folks. Yikes Chef put the glass beak down. You are an old skulleted man with a huge gut, high blood pressure and a raging drug head. Stand down for once.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:40 pmYou are an old skulleted man with a huge gut, high blood pressure and a raging drug head.
:lol:

"Hey man I'm here to hang your drywall"
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm miller-petey-virtanen
pearson-horvat-boeser
motte-beagle-sutter
macewen

eriksson can sit, he only played 49 games last season, but if it's a 60 game season, probably only play like 30, ferland LTIR, baertschi in Utica.
After this season, pearson and sutter's contracts expire and seattle takes a player.
I could live with this in a pandemic Skyo.

But I need to see Loui completely flushed.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm
miller-petey-virtanen
pearson-horvat-boeser
motte-beagle-sutter
macewen
I think Boeser slides up with Petterson and they audition some of the prospects or even Baertchi with Bo before Virtanen gets in there. Hes too much of a floater without the puck to stick on that line
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I don't think we're quite ready to start livin' high off the 'Hog' just yet. Slot Big Zach MacEwen in that spot and Justin Bailey can man the 13 hole if Jimmy does sign him. Meanwhile Hoggie can get some more games under his belt in Sweden. I do believe Mr Aquilini may free up funds for a cheap veteran forward and a cheapo vet D-man before puck drop. But if not, you make do with what you have in hard times. Either way, I'm ready for them to drop the damn puck!
el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm
miller-petey-virtanen
pearson-horvat-boeser
motte-beagle-sutter
macewen
I think Boeser slides up with Petterson and they audition some of the prospects or even Baertchi with Bo before Virtanen gets in there. Hes too much of a floater without the puck to stick on that line
Yup! Almost every projection you look at has Virtanen on Petey's line now. I understand how many think this works and makes sense but to maximize
the Alien, you have to have him with players that can read off him and vice versa. Miller and Boeser can.
Nothing wrong with going with the proven.

If Brock isn't up to snuff with his conditioning, (Hy Wids, howz the new digs), then it's a different matter.
:blush:
Last edited by Micky on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"