Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:30 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:00 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:54 pm Dear holy bejeebus...please keep that fucking scrub off my hockey team. I promise i wont jerk off or triple toke any more...i swear
... I still wouldn’t have given him four years due to our financial constraints, but Calgary’s roster isn’t riddled with bad contracts so they could afford to go four years.

It is now. In 2 years, they will be wondering why they have those extra years on those guys.
Calgary is starting to look old and slow on their back end. I saw they are talking trade with the beaners to send Hanafin and Bennett for Carlo and DeBrusk. Hanafin is their only skating dman left after Brodie split so lets hope that happens from a canucks perspective.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:54 pm Dear holy bejeebus...please keep that fucking scrub off my hockey team. I promise i wont jerk off or triple toke any more...i swear
... I still wouldn’t have given him four years due to our financial constraints, but Calgary’s roster isn’t riddled with bad contracts so they could afford to go four years.

It is now. In 2 years, they will be wondering why they have those extra years on those guys.
Well the Flames had fuck all in goal now or in the future so I can see why they blew their brains out on Markstrom. Years 5 and 6 could be ugly. Goalies are voodoo, you never know. Tanev should easily live up to his contract for the first three years. It’s all about health with him though. Two bad contracts if you think they’re bad isn’t being riddled with bad contracts. Five or six garbage contracts is what I was talking about.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:49 am

Calgary is starting to look old and slow on their back end. I saw they are talking trade with the beaners to send Hanafin and Bennett for Carlo and DeBrusk. Hanafin is their only skating dman left after Brodie split so lets hope that happens from a canucks perspective.
Valamaki is a hell of a young defender
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 am

He was but hasnt played a game in well over a year.

I listen to 960 the fan often and there are serious concerns with what kind of game he will be bringing when returning. The injury was apparently career threatening and he may not be the same
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

He’s the top scoring D man in Finland this year, over a point per game.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 am He’s the top scoring D man in Finland this year, over a point per game.
Well...fuck. There goes my narative.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 am He’s the top scoring D man in Finland this year, over a point per game.
Even in a different league an improvement like this is notable; https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdi ... pid=187366
"evolution"
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

I must confess i havent listened in to the Fan in while now so...i dunno.

When does camp begin ffs. We need something relevant to talk about now. I have a foot of snow on the ground and another saturday night is rolling in with fuck all to watch except the new steven greer alien "documentary" close encounters of the 5th kind or something like that. Doc....watch that one fried. I tripped right the fuck out on it
Last edited by The Brown Wizard on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:00 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 am

He was but hasnt played a game in well over a year.

I listen to 960 the fan often and there are serious concerns with what kind of game he will be bringing when returning. The injury was apparently career threatening and he may not be the same
Thanks for keeping us updated on the development of Valamaki on whether he’s an NHL player or not. Book isn’t written yet but the concerns are growing.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I just came from the Liiga Scoring Leaders Board. A whole bunch of nobodies. In fact out of the top 50 names Valimaki was one of the only 2 or 3 that were recognizable. Stop referencing Beer Leagues. What’s next? Who’s racking up points in Kazakhstan’s Hockey League?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:17 am
I just came from the Liiga Scoring Leaders Board. A whole bunch of nobodies. In fact out of the top 50 names Valimaki was one of the only 2 or 3 that were recognizable. Stop referencing Beer Leagues. What’s next? Who’s racking up points in Kazakhstan’s Hockey League?
Joni Jurmo is there too
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 am
Joni Jurmo is there too
Didn’t see him. Daniel Audette and Nick Merkely are not too far behind Valimaki in points.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:33 am
Joni Jurmo is there too
Didn’t see him. Daniel Audette and Nick Merkely are not too far behind Valimaki in points.
You wont see him on the stat board as he has no goals and no assists through 12 games

Toni Utunen plays in that league as well with one assist through 10 games. Hes now listed at 5'11" and 169lbs though....so theres that
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

It’s a good league. Beer league my ass, it’s right between the two Swedish leagues for quality, probably closer to the SHL.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:33 am
Joni Jurmo is there too
You wont see him on the stat board as he has no goals and no assists through 12 games

Toni Utunen plays in that league as well with one assist through 10 games. Hes now listed at 5'11" and 169lbs though....so theres that
He’s only 11 pounds lighter than Dobson. But when you factor in that he’s 5” shorter, those are pretty solid dimensions