Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Raile
AHL Prospect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:24 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Raile » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:50 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 pm
Theres still another season til expansion isnt there?
Yeah but I don't think you want to wait until everyone else is trying to offload their players they also can't protect. Maybe this summer there's a market for him that actually gets you a decent return.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:56 am

Madden - 15 games 11 goals 10 assists

Wise - 14 games 0 goals 3 assists
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 am

Raile wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:50 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 pm
Theres still another season til expansion isnt there?
Yeah but I don't think you want to wait until everyone else is trying to offload their players they also can't protect. Maybe this summer there's a market for him that actually gets you a decent return.
Ideally we dont lose an A level asset for nothing i agree.

Would you feel comfortable with Demko as your full time starter and maybe a cheap UFA backup?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by micky107 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:56 am
Madden - 15 games 11 goals 10 assists

Wise - 14 games 0 goals 3 assists
Northeastern Men’s Hockey
@GoNUmhockey
🚨ITS ABSOLUTE MADD-NESS!! 🚨
With the #HowlinHuskies' THIRD goal in less than a minute, Tyler Madden fires one in off his own rebound to give Northeastern a (very) early 3-0 lead!
https://twitter.com/GoNUmhockey/status/ ... de%3Dfalse
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:14 pm

People are now saying that in a re-draft Madden goes top 20. The Genius is beyond belief
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Raile
AHL Prospect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:24 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Raile » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:35 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 am
Raile wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:50 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 pm
Theres still another season til expansion isnt there?
Yeah but I don't think you want to wait until everyone else is trying to offload their players they also can't protect. Maybe this summer there's a market for him that actually gets you a decent return.
Ideally we dont lose an A level asset for nothing i agree.

Would you feel comfortable with Demko as your full time starter and maybe a cheap UFA backup?
Too early for me to say.. but if we made a decision by this summer, that would still be within my time frame and I'd certainly expect to have a better idea!

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 am

Benning and the Canucks are massive fans of the man - Markstrom. Would not be surprised if it’s Demko that gets traded. If Thatcher keeps it up in which most says he will he will bring us back a major asset(s)
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 am
Benning and the Canucks are massive fans of the man - Markstrom. Would not be surprised if it’s Demko that gets traded. If Thatcher keeps it up in which most says he will he will bring us back a major asset(s)
Definitely. Turning him into a top 4 dman works for me.

Who has a goaltending issue and a spare defenseman?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15197
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 pm

I think you get Markstrom under contract first. Then you play out this season and see where we are at with Demko and Dipietro. Then you go into next season with both Markstrom and Demko under contract and decide then who to move. We are in no rush unless someone offers us a Bo Horvat for our backup.

Trading Markstrom should bring us back a first round pick if he is re-signed. Demko won't.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15197
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:33 pm

Juolevi back skating with the Comets. Benning to make an announcement tomorrow on his status. Day to day at this point with still no word on what the problem is. Hopefully tomorrow we will know a little more.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:20 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 pm
I think you get Markstrom under contract first. Then you play out this season and see where we are at with Demko and Dipietro. Then you go into next season with both Markstrom and Demko under contract and decide then who to move. We are in no rush unless someone offers us a Bo Horvat for our backup.

Trading Markstrom should bring us back a first round pick if he is re-signed. Demko won't.
Interesting. I would think TD has the higher value but if either or could bring back quality value...well options are always a good thing
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15799
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 pm


Trading Markstrom should bring us back a first round pick if he is re-signed. Demko won't.
Disagree massively regarding Demko. If Martin Jones can get a first so can Demko
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:58 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 am
Benning and the Canucks are massive fans of the man - Markstrom. Would not be surprised if it’s Demko that gets traded. If Thatcher keeps it up in which most says he will he will bring us back a major asset(s)
Definitely. Turning him into a top 4 dman works for me.

Who has a goaltending issue and a spare defenseman?
Sanjose, la would be too possibilities, especially with demko being a local kid. I think markstrom has become a big piece in the lockerroom. Plus dipietro is killing it in the ahl.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by SKYO » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 pm
I think you get Markstrom under contract first. Then you play out this season and see where we are at with Demko and Dipietro. Then you go into next season with both Markstrom and Demko under contract and decide then who to move. We are in no rush unless someone offers us a Bo Horvat for our backup.

Trading Markstrom should bring us back a first round pick if he is re-signed. Demko won't.
If you can get a 1st rounder for marky, adios markstrom!
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16222
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Neither of them is returning a 1st today.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply