Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9506
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm

micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:58 am
Watching the highlight pack of these prospects Pod really jumps out at me. I can see him being a beast on the forecheck and penalty kill. Seems to dog pucks relentlessly.

Madden has the touch in college but 155? He will need at least another 20 pounds to make an NHL roster

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... tock-rises
This one here; https://twitter.com/DanielGScouting/sta ... tock-rises

Ya, don't know if Tyler would get away with too much of that in the bigs. Great edge work though..
He can dangle but you're bang on. He'll be on the IR 3/4 of every season. Hes 155 at 20 years old...how much will he gain by the time hes 23-24 and challenging for a roster spot is the question. Either that of show he can dominate the A at 160-165 or whatever...

He should come on over and gorge at my bbq pit and pop endless bottles for a summer. I'll send him to camp with a shit locker out to here
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16480
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:34 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm
micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:58 am
Watching the highlight pack of these prospects Pod really jumps out at me. I can see him being a beast on the forecheck and penalty kill. Seems to dog pucks relentlessly.

Madden has the touch in college but 155? He will need at least another 20 pounds to make an NHL roster

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... tock-rises
This one here; https://twitter.com/DanielGScouting/sta ... tock-rises

Ya, don't know if Tyler would get away with too much of that in the bigs. Great edge work though..
He can dangle but you're bang on. He'll be on the IR 3/4 of every season. Hes 155 at 20 years old...how much will he gain by the time hes 23-24 and challenging for a roster spot is the question. Either that of show he can dominate the A at 160-165 or whatever...

He should come on over and gorge at my bbq pit and pop endless bottles for a summer. I'll send him to camp with a shit locker out to here
Brown, put your rockem sockem vhs videos away and step into the now. You don’t have to be 6’-1” 195 lbs in the nhl anymore
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9506
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Tough teams win championships Chef. What teams havent won without heart and soul vets plus physicality throughout the lineup.

Very, very few 155-165lb'ers dominate the NHL
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:46 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm
Tough teams win championships Chef. What teams havent won without heart and soul vets plus physicality throughout the lineup.

Very, very few 155-165lb'ers dominate the NHL
This is right after he said the Blues and Capitals proved you need a big heavy team come playoff time. :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16480
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:47 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm
Tough teams win championships Chef. What teams havent won without heart and soul vets plus physicality throughout the lineup.

Very, very few 155-165lb'ers dominate the NHL
You people
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9506
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:47 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm
Tough teams win championships Chef. What teams havent won without heart and soul vets plus physicality throughout the lineup.

Very, very few 155-165lb'ers dominate the NHL
You people
:lol:

Touche!
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10347
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Micky » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:19 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:47 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm
Tough teams win championships Chef. What teams havent won without heart and soul vets plus physicality throughout the lineup.

Very, very few 155-165lb'ers dominate the NHL
You people
I'm telling. Umm Image
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Jared McCann with 16 points in his first 22 games.

On pace for 30 goals and 50+ points. He’s a couple months older than Adam Gaudette.

I guess he farted in the dressing room when Henrik lumbered by... unsure but he was not loved by the twins. Virtanen and Hutton either apparently.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10347
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Micky » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Sure as hell got plenty of print here, if I recall.
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:19 pm
Jared McCann with 16 points in his first 22 games.

On pace for 30 goals and 50+ points.
Lol, you know he won't hit 30...


Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:19 pm
He’s a couple months older than Adam Gaudette.
4 months, but YOU consider them to be a year apart:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:40 pm
Do you think teams give much of a shit when they are drafting whether guys are born six months apart? Keep in mind these guys are separated by one draft year. To most folks they are a year apart.
:mrgreen:



Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:19 pm
I guess he farted in the dressing room when Henrik lumbered by... unsure but he was not loved by the twins. Virtanen and Hutton either apparently.
Gotta be more to it than that, I'm sure they don't call him McCancer for nothing...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:47 pm

I think YOU call him that name. Haven’t heard it elsewhere. Either way the trade was putrid.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:47 pm
I think YOU call him that name. Haven’t heard it elsewhere. Either way the trade was putrid.
Beauty trade, cut out the McCancer and got our Pearson trading chip. :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:48 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:47 pm
I think YOU call him that name. Haven’t heard it elsewhere. Either way the trade was putrid.
Beauty trade, cut out the McCancer and got our Pearson trading chip. :drink:
LOL
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22806
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:57 pm

:drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 17016
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:17 pm

LOL

thanks Doc I needed the laugh today. :thumbs:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply