Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14059
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 am

Holland is old school washed up. Some of his decisions over the last half decade or so are proof to that. Regardless Holland is moving to Vice President. Why would he leave now, too rooted in that organization

The hotshot is McCrimmon in Vegas. Vegas still being in the playoffs is most likely the reason the Oilers haven’t announced a GM yet
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 am

Holland is washed up at 63, but Mccrimmon is a hotshot at 59. Makes perfect sense
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14059
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 am
Holland is washed up at 63, but Mccrimmon is a hotshot at 59. Makes perfect sense
Holland is washed up. Is what happens when too long on the job.

McCrimmon is a clean slate, fresh. A new pair of eyes
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 pm

He just got into the business I heard
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14059
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Barzal
6. Aho
7. Boeser
8. Connor
9. Chabot
10. Werenski
11. Provorov
12. Meier
13. DeBrusk
14. Konency
15. White

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7039
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by micky107 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
With what's transpired with the outburst of US college players in the last few years, I wonder if a Boeser would still be there
at 23 now?

Image
"evolution"

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14059
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:25 am

micky107 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
With what's transpired with the outburst of US college players in the last few years, I wonder if a Boeser would still be there
at 23 now?

Image
Not sure, but the scouts tend to really zero in on a prospects skating as how they rank and Boesers skating was constantly under the microscope so I doubt he moves up much
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:57 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Barzal
6. Aho
7. Boeser
8. Connor
9. Chabot
10. Werenski
11. Provorov
12. Meier
13. DeBrusk
14. Konency
15. White

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
Keep the laughs coming
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14059
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:57 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Brockey Madness! Let's just be clear about something here, Brockey Hockey should have been drafted 2nd overall, the fact that JimBro steals him at the 23rd pick is pure genius!
:lol:
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Barzal
6. Aho
7. Boeser
8. Connor
9. Chabot
10. Werenski
11. Provorov
12. Meier
13. DeBrusk
14. Konency
15. White

Aho and Boeser are still the biggest steals considering where they were drafted
Keep the laughs coming
Top 10 for sure. A toss up in a group of Aho, Werenski, Chabot, Connor and Boeser. But Blob don’t see it that way cause he hates the Canucks
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 am

Sure
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 6698
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 am

Boeser would be with Aho as the best fwds. Werenski probably worth more due to being a top pairing offensive dman. Chabot is a 2nd pairing guy
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 am
Boeser would be with Aho as the best fwds. Werenski probably worth more due to being a top pairing offensive dman. Chabot is a 2nd pairing guy
Chabot is a future top 10 d man in the league
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 6698
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 am
Boeser would be with Aho as the best fwds. Werenski probably worth more due to being a top pairing offensive dman. Chabot is a 2nd pairing guy
Chabot is a future top 10 d man in the league
Maybe. Debatable i suppose.

He piled up 55 points on a high scoring jets squad...played the right way.

I dont really see him being a 10 mill a year 70 point defenseman though.

Its all opinions though...
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14055
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 am

It’s his first full year in the league. He played for the Senators and the team was a garbage fire
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

Post Reply