Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:30 pm Greyhounds, ffs. Never liked them, as old school as disgusting Screwdrivers, something Thirsten Howell the 3rd would drink
:scowl:
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:30 pm Ole Chef is on to Negroni’s these days, 1 ounce gin, 1 ounce Campari, one ounce sweet vermouth, stir in a shaker with ice, pour over ice in a tumble, peel some orange skin as garnish.
:eh:

...something TH 111 would drink!
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:32 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:30 pm Greyhounds, ffs. Never liked them, as old school as disgusting Screwdrivers, something Thirsten Howell the 3rd would drink

Ole Chef is on to Negroni’s these days, 1 ounce gin, 1 ounce Campari, one ounce sweet vermouth, stir in a shaker with ice, pour over ice in a tumble, peel some orange skin as garnish.
Do they present well in a Solo cup?

:D

If it needs a recipe it's too much bullshit. You need to be able to free pour it on the rocks by the fire Chef
It takes 30 seconds to make ffs, it’s quicker to make than an old fashioned
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:48 pm

Ole Chef is on to Negroni’s these days, 1 ounce gin, 1 ounce Campari, one ounce sweet vermouth, stir in a shaker with ice, pour over ice in a tumble, peel some orange skin as garnish.

If it needs a recipe it's too much bullshit. You need to be able to free pour it on the rocks by the fire Chef
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Context for the less informed:

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Might want to move this to the bar and grill.... I can see it going on for a while. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm Might want to move this to the bar and grill.... I can see it going on for a while. ;)
:lol:

Chef is famous for derailing threads
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:58 pm Context for the less informed:

The best!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

So back to Gadjovich, Chiasson hasn't done a thing in pre-season and the first couple games that made him worth losing Gadjovich on waivers, plus he actually appears slower. Providing a net presence and scoring in close is Gadjovich's bread and butter, it's what they drafted him to do and it's what he was doing with regularity in Utica. That was just a plain dumb move.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I am just happy that we are talking about the 4th line players because it actually matters. Been a few years when we were concerned who was on and not because they were making a lot of $$$.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:18 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am
donlever wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:24 am I'm excited to see what Klimovich can do.
Ya looking at that line up makes you glad they lost Gad and Mac. I mean who would they bump from that lineup? Certainly no room for Highmore, Petan, Dowling or Chiasson.
Highmore, Petan, Dowling and Chiasson would all clear waivers. Gadjovich got boned by the coach. Plain and simple.
You are missing the sarcasm there Blob.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Klimovich scored his first goal and Lockwood dropped the Gloves against Malone who is 3” taller 40 lbs heavier
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:35 pm So back to Gadjovich, Chiasson hasn't done a thing in pre-season and the first couple games that made him worth losing Gadjovich on waivers, plus he actually appears slower. Providing a net presence and scoring in close is Gadjovich's bread and butter, it's what they drafted him to do and it's what he was doing with regularity in Utica. That was just a plain dumb move.
I hate the decision
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:48 pm

Replace the gin with whisky and you got a boulevardier.

Though my poison these days is a jungle bird - one of the few bitter-based tiki drinks. More labor intensive than a negroni but not by much (no Margaritaville required)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

New topic for you fancy drink drinkers - anything that should be in the new thread, and is posted here will be deleted.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12330
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:35 pm So back to Gadjovich, Chiasson hasn't done a thing in pre-season and the first couple games that made him worth losing Gadjovich on waivers, plus he actually appears slower. Providing a net presence and scoring in close is Gadjovich's bread and butter, it's what they drafted him to do and it's what he was doing with regularity in Utica. That was just a plain dumb move.
Truer words were never spoken. Gadjovich is probably better then a couple they went with. He said he had worked hard in the offseason. Seems he never had much of a chance. Quality player in Utica last year with the drive to get better. Chiasson's better days are behind him. It's a long season and durability means plenty. Another point; They could have waited till the last day to waive him. He may have slipped through.
"evolution"