Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:45 am Jett Woo is having a great season, scored another goal the other, now has 10 goals 30 assists. Seems to be getting 3 star selection every 2nd game

Great pick by Benning and his Band of Bro’s
Excellent post
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ranking the Canucks prospect pool (not currently with the big club). Demko removed. Is Tryamkin still considered a prospect? Gaunce? McEneny?

1. Hughes
2. Gaudette
3. Madden
4. Juolevi
5. Woo
6. Dahlen
7. DiPietro
8. Lockwood
9. McEwan
10. Rathbone
11. Lind
12. Brisebios
13. Gadjovich
14. Thiessen
15. Brassard
16. Utunen
17. Jasek
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

[THE FARMIES] Recapping Tonight's Utica Comets (23-18-3-2) vs. Syracuse Crunch (25-13-2-1) https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/commen ... h=b973ac18
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madden scores the winner in OT to send his team to the Beanpot Final......then does a snow angle on the ice. I can hear Cherry now.
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 pm Madden scores the winner in OT to send his team to the Beanpot Final......then does a snow angle on the ice. I can hear Cherry now.
Madden’s American. He’s safe.

Besides, it’s not like he was looking for trouble or anything. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 am Ranking the Canucks prospect pool (not currently with the big club). Demko removed. Is Tryamkin still considered a prospect? Gaunce? McEneny?
No, Gaunce is not a prospect. We know he's not an NHL'er. But, he and Boucher make sure that Utica is competitive. McEneny is looking like a Never Was. But, Tryamkin is still a prospect. He has a lot of talent/skill/size, but we don't know if he can translate it into the NHL.

You also forgot Zhukinov and Palmu who would round out your list to an even 20 :D

1. Hughes
2. Gaudette
3. Madden
4. Juolevi
5. Woo
6. Dahlen
7. DiPietro
8. Lockwood
9. McEwan
10. Rathbone
11. Lind
12. Brisebios
13. Gadjovich
14. Thiessen
15. Brassard
16. Utunen
17. Jasek
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2018-19 Top 10 Vancouver Canucks Prospects
https://mynhltraderumors.com/2018-19-to ... 019/02/05/

Hughes - elite skating and skills, but has some turnover issues, will need a steady Tanev partner, so yeah RD ya got me there.

Demko - proper development path, college, AHL, now backup as he mentally/physically prepares himself to be a #1 in a couple years.

Gaudette - speedy, jack-of-all-trades type.

Madden - dangle god, pk skill, clutch-rising scoring ability.

Juolevi - was piling up points in the AHL before injury, surefire top 4 dman.

Dahlen - uber skills, strong attack measures to the net.

DiPietro - OHL goalie of the year, continues to impress in the junior level, AHL is his next step, 'Canucks have two top goalie prospects in the world'

Woo - a swift and physical right side dman who is showing some solid scoring ability now.

Lind - Has a good shot, skating ability and plays with a chip on his shoulder, adjusting/transitioning from juniors to the pros now.

MacEwen - the late bloomer, power winger, improved skating, has scoring ability, plays with some grit, can drop gloves from time to time.

--
On top of Gadjovich, Lockwood, Jasek, Palmu, Utunen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

[THE FARMIES] Recapping Tonight's Utica Comets (25-19-3-2) vs. Rochester Americans (29-13-3-2) https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/commen ... h=05a490c2

Some really nice play by lind, macewen, dahlen in this one, recommend checking it out. Credit to Thrillhoaf
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

MacEwan needs a cup of coffee with the big club
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:48 pm MacEwan needs a cup of coffee with the big club
I agree Zuckerman
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:19 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:48 pm MacEwan needs a cup of coffee with the big club
I agree Zuckerman
What’s your problem Curt Appleby?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boi oh Boi are Hughes and Lockwood on fire right now. 3 assists last night for Hughes and ANOTHER goal for Lockwood. Ole Will Lockwood seems to be scoring at ‘will’ these days. And what’s the deal with ole Zack MacEwan right now? 1 goal 3 assists last, is he in “stud” prospect category now? Blob? Word?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Zack Mack is on his way up to the show.

Anxious to see the kid play and am curious who gets the hook
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Oh nice, I can’t wait to see the Zack Mack Attack.

I’ll go out on a limb and say Goldysalock to sit and watch in a chair that is not too big, not too small but just right.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Greener was right up in Goldie’s grill on the bench in the same fashion Torts was in Edlers. Greener can't stand Goldie. Poor Goldie, can’t win for trying