Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Karlsson has smarts but his skating is awful.

I suppose there could some Alex Chiasson esque ugly duckling upside...
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

No kidding, Meg, Karlsson doesn't look to have NHL wheels. Flames sure bring in a lot of size. Probably a real eye-opener for Aman there.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:33 pm Karlsson has smarts but his skating is awful.

Sorry Megs, you lost me when you wrote 'Chiasson' with 'upside' in the same sentence.

I see what you mean with Klimovich. Beer-leaguer solo mentality without the pro skills to even beat AHL defenders. His passes are all bad because he only gives it up when he has no other choice.

Bains has some good offensive IQ and vision. Good in the offensive zone. Good passer and playmaker. Best forward in this lineup. Screams AHL superstar.

Only guy I see who might have an regular NHL future is Silovs... if Clarkie keeps working with him.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:46 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:33 pm Karlsson has smarts but his skating is awful.

Sorry Megs, you lost me when you wrote 'Chiasson' with 'upside' in the same sentence.

I see what you mean with Klimovich. Beer-leaguer solo mentality without the pro skills to even beat AHL defenders. His passes are all bad because he only gives it up when he has no other choice.

Bains has some good offensive IQ and vision. Good in the offensive zone. Good passer and playmaker. Best forward in this lineup. Screams AHL superstar.

Only guy I see who might have an regular NHL future is Silovs... if Clarkie keeps working with him.
Don't get me wrong, Karlsson needs to gain a couple of steps to reach Chaser territory.

Yes, Klimo seldom completes a pass, no idea why he's not in junior. Bad call by Jimmy right there.

Bains has surprised me, he has looked dangerous on just about every shift, the top too lines as a whole have been able to compete. Bottom two, not so much.

I could see little Matt Anderson grabbing an AHL opportunity on D.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

GOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!

Arshdeep goes hard to the net there :D
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

This last PP is prime example of what we're talking about with Klimovich.

Dangling in the neutral zone surrounded by Flames trying to solo-stickhandle his way in. You're on the PP, kid. With an extra guy, you can pass it in too, y'know.

Once the PP was set up, dude kept spinning on the halfboards looking for his own shot and hits his own guy with it. Man advantage, kid. Move the biscuit around. You'll get it back for a shot eventually.

Bain looks good... against this competition. I can see why he dominated the WHL as an over-ager. Have to see how he does in Abby, but it's nice to have a very good offensive prospect on the farm team.

Nice! Got it Arshdeep behind their goalie.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

What a fucking goal! Tristen Nielsen
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

LOL, did Karlsson just pump his arms on an empty-netter?

Silovs. If Canucks are smart, you groom this guy to be your future #1 or at least the backup. Has all the tools: size, positioning and calmness.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bains, Klimovich, Nielsen, Karlsson all played well.
Silovs with the shutout.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thanks for all the updates guys. That tourney is a hoot to take in. I did it a couple times. Lots of Alberta fans and even a few from Manitoba. Lots of good natured chirping going back and forth. Wineries every half KM, lakes, lotsa shit to do. The hockey is a bit scrambly due to the fact these guys don’t play together.

I remember Burkey trying to get the tournament moved around when he was with the Flames. Mostly he wanted to finger the province of BC. Guarantee the players and the bigwigs from all the teams would rather go to the Okanagan for a few days than Brandon, Lethbridge or Red Deer. Not to mention the fans.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

I really enjoyed that. Kudryavtsev looks like a player, and he's not too small either, 6' 200 lbs and only 18-years-old. Nice 7th rounder. The top two lines were good, especially the first, with Bains probably having the best game. Wouters plays a pro game, could be a call-up option next season if he continues to progress and gets a two-way deal. Both Swedes were as advertised, you can see the offensive upside with Karlsson, but he better gain a few steps. Noticed Lockhart a lot in the 3rd, and Woo picked it up over the last two periods. I like Nielsen, gritty little guy and great goal. Silovs was very solid. All in all, good entertainment, definitely got my money's worth.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:15 pm This last PP is prime example of what we're talking about with Klimovich.

Dangling in the neutral zone surrounded by Flames trying to solo-stickhandle his way in. You're on the PP, kid. With an extra guy, you can pass it in too, y'know.

Once the PP was set up, dude kept spinning on the halfboards looking for his own shot and hits his own guy with it. Man advantage, kid. Move the biscuit around. You'll get it back for a shot eventually.
One thing about ol' Klimo, he can get stripped of the puck trying to stickhandle through traffic 99 times and he'll come right back and try it again that 100th time fully expecting different results.
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Klimovich is both entertaining and frustrating to watch. Reminds me of Fedor Fedorov. lol
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:48 pm Klimovich is both entertaining and frustrating to watch. Reminds me of Fedor Fedorov. lol
Dammit you're right Curmudgeon. He does have some Fedor in him :lol:
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:44 pm Thanks for all the updates guys. That tourney is a hoot to take in. I did it a couple times. Lots of Alberta fans and even a few from Manitoba. Lots of good natured chirping going back and forth. Wineries every half KM, lakes, lotsa shit to do. The hockey is a bit scrambly due to the fact these guys don’t play together.

I remember Burkey trying to get the tournament moved around when he was with the Flames. Mostly he wanted to finger the province of BC. Guarantee the players and the bigwigs from all the teams would rather go to the Okanagan for a few days than Brandon, Lethbridge or Red Deer. Not to mention the fans.
It's beautiful up there this time of year. A perfect place for this kind of event.
el rey del mambo