Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Carl Yagro »

I can't believe with the sheer amount of the same repeated posts, over and over, that the Blobster hasn't earn the "Overlord Zealot" badge yet.

His over-zealousness is beyond CC Legend-ary.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm [quote="Uncle dans leg" post_id=322448 time=1544554279 user_id=1787

My issue is the gaping hole on the back end. If you could shore up a massive weakness from a position of strength, why the fuck wouldnt you?
Because its not a "position of strength" if you let Boeser go Who replaces him??????
[/quote]

Dahlen :wink:

Minus Boeser but with the addition of say Werenski or Jones (the specific returning asset isnt that important as long as theyre one of the top young producing dmen in the league) would make this team a better, harder to play against unit without a doubt.

Doc...no room for Swee'Pea? :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:33 am You can’t reason with a pack of zealots
I must be getting old because I can remember when grumpy ole McScroogie was a zealot! :santa:

Eblobnezer, you will be visited by three spirits...
Lol if I’m old you are ancient

I ain’t grumpy boss just trying to bring some balance to the board. :)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:33 pm I can't believe with the sheer amount of the same repeated posts, over and over, that the Blobster hasn't earn the "Overlord Zealot" badge yet.

His over-zealousness is beyond CC Legend-ary.
Kinda like the over and over

“Zomg we the best prospects in the history of the league”

Or Lord Benning or Benning is a genius seed spilling that is repeated 1000 times. :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The power of Christ compels you... The power of Christ compels you... THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:33 am You can’t reason with a pack of zealots
I must be getting old because I can remember when grumpy ole McScroogie was a zealot! :santa:

Eblobnezer, you will be visited by three spirits...
Lol if I’m old you are ancient

I ain’t grumpy boss just trying to bring some balance to the board. :)
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

boeser is important cause he’s not a douche like hall, horvat, boeser, petterson and Quinn will set the tone for the team. 4 super competitive and hardworking guys with major drive to succeed. If boeser wasn’t so important in the dressing room I’d be willing to peddle him for a young top 2 dman, I doubt he’d have the value to capture one by himself because like button says they’re hard to come by, but boeser is epitome of what you want your leadership group to be which in my mind makes him untouchable.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:44 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:33 am
You can’t reason with a pack of zealots
..or a bad broken record
I feel like Philo Beddoe and Doc and his flunkies are the Black Widows
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:56 pm boeser is important cause he’s not a douche like hall, horvat, boeser, petterson and Quinn will set the tone for the team. 4 super competitive and hardworking guys with major drive to succeed. If boeser wasn’t so important in the dressing room I’d be willing to peddle him for a young top 2 dman, I doubt he’d have the value to capture one by himself because like button says they’re hard to come by, but boeser is epitome of what you want your leadership group to be which in my mind makes him untouchable.
Bang on. You can see these guys talking and chirping it up all the time.
That's the ticket.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:56 pm boeser is important cause he’s not a douche like hall, horvat, boeser, petterson and Quinn will set the tone for the team. 4 super competitive and hardworking guys with major drive to succeed. If boeser wasn’t so important in the dressing room I’d be willing to peddle him for a young top 2 dman, I doubt he’d have the value to capture one by himself because like button says they’re hard to come by, but boeser is epitome of what you want your leadership group to be which in my mind makes him untouchable.
Absolutely and his value is why he could command a top talent dman...much like Johansen did.

The reason a number of people keep spit balling this same thing over and over is because we almost certainly have the shittiest defense in the entire league. If we were loaded up nobody would dream of trading such a talent like BB
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

dangler wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am
My issue is the gaping hole on the back end. If you could shore up a massive weakness from a position of strength, why the fuck wouldnt you?
Because its not a "position of strength" if you let Boeser go Who replaces him??????
Bingo. We're not exactly stacked at forward. Columbus could afford to move Johansen because at the time they had guys like Saad, Atkinson, Jenner, Foglino, Hartnell, Dubinsky etc. playing well.

You know what would really help our situation right about now, a Sergachev or a McAvoy.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm
dangler wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am
Bingo. We're not exactly stacked at forward. Columbus could afford to move Johansen because at the time they had guys like Saad, Atkinson, Jenner, Foglino, Hartnell, Dubinsky etc. playing well.

You know what would really help our situation right about now, a Sergachev or a McAvoy.
2 concussions this season for McAvoy. The Canadians are not regretting trading Sergachev.

The book is not written on Juolevi, Grasshopper
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm The book is not written on Juolevi, Grasshopper
Certainly not, just pointing out that we could really use some young NHL-ready dmen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm The book is not written on Juolevi, Grasshopper
Certainly not, just pointing out that we could really use some young NHL-ready dmen.
I thought you were a preacher for a patient rebuild?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18 pm
I thought you were a preacher for a patient rebuild?
I am. Which is why I don’t want to make any trade that fixes one gap by creating another. Drafting/developing is the way to go. Hopefully Juolevi develops into a useful top-4 for us, but he’s not trending “impact player” like some of the others in his draft class.