Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:10 am You can absolutely trade JT for a good futures package. Then use the 5.25 you save in UFA. That would be good asset management providing Allvin and Company can extract some good kids for Miller and sign a solid UFA in the 5 million range.
Yes, and signing UFA’s for $5.5 million is fool proof, for sure. You can get super excellent UFA’s at $5.5 million that will be just as good as Miller
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:08 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:10 am You can absolutely trade JT for a good futures package. Then use the 5.25 you save in UFA. That would be good asset management providing Allvin and Company can extract some good kids for Miller and sign a solid UFA in the 5 million range.
Yeahno, UFAs are overpriced...
Exactly and your not getting top shelf UFA’s at $5.5 million in fact $5.5 range UFA types are usually overpaid like your Myers etc.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:04 pm
Most are. Some aren’t.
And its guaranteed we will land that “Some”. Not
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There’s never been any good UFA signings in the history of the league :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:47 pm There’s never been any good UFA signings in the history of the league :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The list of bad signings is pure insanity. I had to take a break when reading the never ending list. Super overwhelming
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:41 pm overpaid like your Myers
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:41 pm
Exactly and your not getting top shelf UFA’s at $5.5 million in fact $5.5 range UFA types are usually overpaid like your Myers etc.
Or your Eriksson
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

This ain't baseball. It's a contact sport and but for the odd exception you're paying an UFA for what he has done in the hopes he can do it again, usually for an unrealistic period of time and usually at an exorbitant price. It's an informed (hopefully) roll of the dice. Where UFA's tend to work: if the team needs to plug a hole in the line up with a middling player. Most teams try to resign their pending UFA's that they think are exceptional or who are valuable and willing to accommodate the teams salary structure, unless of course that player has become redundant, in which case their value is best measured elsewhere.

Hope the above makes sense. In the case of Miller, he is still a valuable commodity to the Canuck's, the issue remains, as numerous posters have pointed out, salary in respect to the cap, and term in respect to his age. So the gamble becomes where does subtraction (Miller) have a potential benefit that exceeds the loss via trade. Of course it all becomes moot if he wants to leave, in which case Allvin et. al. are forced to do the best they can in light of the former.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Most are. Some aren’t.
In general UFAs are overpriced and you know nothing about "asset management"...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:40 pm
Most are. Some aren’t.
In general UFAs are overpriced and you know nothing about "asset management"...
And you’ve proven you know little about hockey
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Are you denying that generally UFAs are overpriced?

Are you drunk?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Are you denying there’s been several solid signings of UFA players in the the 4-5 million dollar range?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Are you drunk?

Obviously!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

My question is much more important/relevant than your question.

If you must trade Miller you trade him for youngish quality players on decent contracts.

You don't dump him for picks and sign generally overpriced UFAs, you ninny.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:59 pm My question is much more important/relevant than your question.

If you must trade Miller you trade him for youngish quality players on decent contracts.

You don't dump him for picks and sign generally overpriced UFAs, you ninny.
Lol someone has been into the booze.

Hit me up when you sober up

All the best