Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:25 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:19 pm The suggestion of trading Hoglander is one of the most asinine considerations ole Chef has endured in his hockey posting life time. Id rather trade the winger disguised as a centre - Bo Horvat
Trade him because you hate Canadian players, or because he is the heart and soul of the team?
Pretty good face off man for a winger….
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef has his downrigger set up and is deep trolling for Blobfish

If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:53 pm Chef has his downrigger set up and is deep trolling for Blobfish
Very Obvious 2 the MAX
rats19 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:47 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:19 pm The suggestion of trading Raymond is one of the most asinine considerations ole Chef has endured in his hockey posting life time. Id rather trade the winger disguised as a centre - Ryan Kesler
Pretty good face off man for a winger….
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Nice start for Lockhart.
𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀 Faber 🔥🎙
@ChrisFaber39
Connor Lockhart is currently leading the OHL in points.

6 points through 1 and a half games.
Kudryavtsev got a goal today too.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

On pace for a 240+ pt season. Nice!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:53 pm Chef has his downrigger set up and is deep trolling for Blobfish

Blob ain’t coming back until Doc returns
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doc out with an upper body injury?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:33 pm Doc out with an upper body injury?
Week to week :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Sounds familiar, lower body like an ACL. We should get Servalli on the case.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks prospect, C/W, right shot, 5'9, 165lbs Connor Lockhart, the unknown one is leading the OHL in points right now after two games. 8-)
He was a third overall pick in the OHL in 2019 and the Canucks 2021, 178th overall pick.

https://www.nhl.com/player/connor-lockhart-8482743
Canucks prospect Connor Lockhart (2GP-1G-5A) scored a goal and recorded two assists in his second game of the season last night.

He leads the OHL in points currently.
2021:

The 5’9 centre has incredible upside and didn’t play last season due to the OHL being shut down.

As a rookie with the Erie Otters in 2019-20, Lockhart scored nine goals and added 18 assists through 57 games played.
He has solid hands and great offensive abilities. He has high upside and has a serious chance to be an elite scorer in the OHL next year.

“I guarantee he probably would have gone earlier if he had a full season,” said Director of Amateur Scouting Todd Harvey of Lockhart.
“He’s a determined kid, I think he’s going to grow and fill out a little bit. He’s tenacious on the puck, he has some real good high-end skill and I think it was worth the pick to get him.”
Aug. 17, 2022:

When Connor Lockhart asked the Erie Otters for a trade he listed the Peterborough Petes as one of his preferred destinations.

Lockhart saw how former Otters teammate Emmett Sproule thrived last season in Peterborough and hoped he might enjoy a similar boost.

He’d also heard from best friend and ex-Pete Mason McTavish about how much he enjoyed his time in Peterborough and playing for coach Rob Wilson and his staff.

Sept. 2022:

Lockhart has been in constant communication with the Canucks and took away a lot of solid advice from his time at development camp. He clung to every word of advice that he received from Henrik and Daniel Sedin and called it a privilege to be able to be on the ice and learn from two Hall of Famers players.

“So like, I’m the smaller guy and I’ve been really trying to work on my explosiveness and my puck protection. Being a smaller winger, you’re going to have to protect a lot of pucks on the wall and be able to make hard plays while being strong. So we spent a lot of time on explosiveness to win puck battles in the hard areas. That’s something that I’ve talked a lot about with the Canucks. I really have to be able to handle all the knocks and bumps in the corners.”

Building up his strength in the tough areas of the ice is crucial for Lockhart. He clearly has good hands and speed but will need to play harder than anyone on the ice to have success in the professional ranks.

Lockhart plans to attend the Young Stars Tournament with the Canucks next weekend and wants to prove his worth and earn a contract to make the jump to the AHL for 2023-24.

“This is my year to show Vancouver why I deserve an NHL contract,” said Lockhart. “Ultimately, I feel my offseason work is going to speak for how I play this season. I’m really excited to see how things go because I’m very, very happy with the work I’ve put in this summer.”

https://canucksarmy.com/news/forsell-le ... ect-report
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:37 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:28 pm It's funny, the Kings have done quite well a bit later in the draft with guys like Kalliev who is already in their lineup and Grans who was very impressive for them in the AHL last year as a teenager and who impresses me in the current WJC. It's early in the first round where they have made consensus picks that should be cornerstones that they seem to have messed up s little. Byfield and Clarke might be okay but Turcotte does worry me a little watching him in their AHL last year. He looks destined for a support role to me. I wasn't that high on him in his draft year (Zegras was obviously the better prospect even then). But ,I also think they messed up by rushing him to pro after an okay freshman season at Wisconsin. He just wasn't a one and done talent but the Kings had commited and were bound to see what they had convinced themselves to believe.
They could've done way better in 2019. Could’ve had one of Seider, Zegras, Podkolzin etc. I’m not a fan of picking Byfield 2nd overall, so many better players that went after Byfield. Yzerman has really schooled Blake on drafting. Clarke’s skating is atrocious, but the Kings love lousy skaters - Vilardi. Instead of Clarke they could be sitting with one of - Othmann, Guenther, Sillinger, Wallstedt, Cossa, Coranato, Rosen, Boucher etc., instead.
Vilardi with 7 points in six games. Clarke made the team and Byfield doesn’t look out of place.

Chef your thoughts?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vilardi is looking much better than your Cody Glass that is for sure.

Byfield - 0 goals 3 assists in 6 games! Stunning for a 2nd overall pick from 3 draft classes ago. Still taking a shit ton of players ahead of him in a redraft

Is Clarke still skating like Bambi on ice? On his ankles?

How’s your Boi Alex Turcotte doing?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

"Your Cody Glass" Blob! Ha!
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:29 am Vilardi is looking much better than your Cody Glass that is for sure.

Byfield - 0 goals 3 assists in 6 games! Stunning for a 2nd overall pick from 3 draft classes ago. Still taking a shit ton of players ahead of him in a redraft

Is Clarke still skating like Bambi on ice? On his ankles?
Twas your Cody Glass as well. You had lovers nuts for him his entire draft year.

Byfield is playing third line minutes and is 20 years old.

Clarke is playing well. 19 years old. Your batting average keeps plummeting amigo.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:32 am :lol:

"Your Cody Glass" Blob! Ha!
He’s a bust and a half. What happened there? Almost as bad as Nolan Patrick