Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:20 am Let me ask you guys something. Are you drafting Turcotte over Hoglander in a 2019 redraft?
:lol:

Nope. Hoggy is better
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Check out Linus Karlsson's goal on twiddler. Dude is blossoming...

What motivation does he have to sign with Van over waiting out his 4 years and signing with whoever he wants?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:04 am Check out Linus Karlsson's goal on twiddler. Dude is blossoming...

What motivation does he have to sign with Van over waiting out his 4 years and signing with whoever he wants?
He can start earning an NHL salary a year earlier, which is a big deal for a late bloomer.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:28 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:04 am Check out Linus Karlsson's goal on twiddler. Dude is blossoming...

He can start earning an NHL salary a year earlier, which is a big deal for a late bloomer.
Good answer but if he already intends on finishing this current season he would forfeit any remaining salary to stay home anyway. Isnt he a UFA after this season ends?

No i figure the only reason we can offer to entice him to join is to win games and become a destination of choice. Hes right in the right age group to fit in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:20 pm

Isnt he a UFA after this season ends?
Nope, not until the contract ends 2 years from now.

Relax, if he has a good year there's no doubt Jimmy will sign him next summer.

(out clause)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Isnt he a UFA after this season ends?
Nope, not until the contract ends 2 years from now.

Relax, if he has a good year there's no doubt Jimmy will sign him next summer.

(out clause)
And therein lies my confusion.

My tolerance break is now only Monday to Friday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Good answer but if he already intends on finishing this current season he would forfeit any remaining salary to stay home anyway. Isnt he a UFA after this season ends?

No i figure the only reason we can offer to entice him to join is to win games and become a destination of choice. Hes right in the right age group to fit in
Here's my new way of looking at it - these guys have a finite number of years to earn NHL money. Each additional year at league minimum even is like 10 years of retirement savings.

So Quinn gave up on offer sheet rights in order to get into his NHL earning years sooner. Similarly, I expect Karlsson to gain an NHL earning year by giving up the UFA in 2023 possibility.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jonah Hill Gadjovich:
‘I’m just as strong as I was at 215’: Jonah Gadjovich shed 10 pounds this offseason in hopes of improving his skating and becoming an NHL player.

As the NHL moves to a faster game, players need to pick up their own pace or risk being left in the dust.

22-year-old Jonah Gadjovich knows this and worked to address his biggest weakness during the offseason.

“I’m coming out of the summer as a better all-around player,” said Gadjovich when asked about how his summer workouts went.

“I put in a lot of hard work this offseason. I got stronger and I got faster. I worked on my skating, my shooting, my puck handling and I shed 10 pounds this summer.”

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/09/24/just ... hl-player/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks prospect F Aiden McDonough is the player of the month In NCAA Hockey East, led in scoring with seven goals and 11 points in 8 games.

His five power-play goals were the most in the nation.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 am Canucks prospect F Aiden McDonough is the player of the month In NCAA Hockey East, led in scoring with seven goals and 11 points in 8 games.

San Jose and Philly are following his progress closely
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 am Canucks prospect F Aiden McDonough is the player of the month In NCAA Hockey East, led in scoring with seven goals and 11 points in 8 games.

San Jose and Philly are following his progress closely
Lol, good one
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ABBOTSFORD CANUCKS INAUGURAL OPENING DAY ROSTER

Forwards: Vincent Arseneau, Justin Bailey, Phil Di Giuseppe, Sheldon Dries, Carson Focht, Ethan Keppen, Danila Klimovich, Will Lockwood, Jarid Lukosevicius, Tristen Nielsen, Karel Plasek, Sheldon Rempal, John Stevens, Chase Wouters

Defencemen: Madison Bowey, Adam Brubacher, Noah Juulsen, Alex Kannok Leipert, Ashton Sautner, Cameron Schilling, Devante Stephens, Jett Woo

Goaltenders: Michael DiPietro, Spencer Martin, Arturs Silovs

The 25-man roster consists of eight Vancouver Canucks draft picks, seven players acquired via AHL free agency, seven players acquired via NHL free agency, and three players acquired by trade.

Abbotsford’s active roster includes eight rookies in Brubacher, Kannok Leipert, Keppen, Klimovich, Nielsen, Plasek, Silovs and Wouters.

Seriously, does this excite anyone?
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I'm excited to see what Klimovich can do.
DeLevering since 1999.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

donlever wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:24 am I'm excited to see what Klimovich can do.
It's hard to get a read but I bet he flourishes at the AHL level. It's great to have him so close to home. Big project for Trent Cull for sure.

TBH, the play in Junior might actually be more dynamic and quicker, meaning maybe a better choice but the Canucks kind of lose their say to some degree as to a plan directly for him.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:24 am I'm excited to see what Klimovich can do.
Ya looking at that line up makes you glad they lost Gad and Mac. I mean who would they bump from that lineup? Certainly no room for Highmore, Petan, Dowling or Chiasson.
The only HW the Canucks need