Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:02 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:02 pm Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Will Lockwood on @Sportsnet650 on returning to Michigan : "I talked with Mr Benning and Mr Johnson, things don't change for me, the goal is to still play in Vancouver at the end of next year. I also want to leave a little bit of a legacy in Michigan"

AND

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Lockwood on not turning pro : " The decision was more difficult than I thought but the Canucks were very understanding and didn't force me and gave me the time."

So it really was his process and his decision. The plan is to get him signed right after his season ends. No worries.
Halford, Brough and Botchford were on their usual soapbox this week regarding ‘Lockwoods decision to return to College” as more ammo for their Fire Benning Campaign saying that Lockwood is only doing it so he can go to free agency next year throwing shade at Benning for this decision. “Another pick gone”.
Even as a frequent Benning critic, the assertion it's his fault is hilarious. It's just the risk you take when drafting college players. Thus far, Benning has done alright in that regard. I don't see how you can blame him for the kids' refusal to sign. Talk to his agent representative over the summer, get a feel for his thinking/opinions on the franchise, and if he values going the UFA route, trade him for a 4th or 5th rounder.

I would like to see the CBA rules changed for college players. It should be senior season +1 before they can go to UFA.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:34 am
I would like to see the CBA rules changed for college players. It should be senior season +1 before they can go to UFA.
An excellent idea and one that I think would "weed out" the bad attitudes.
Alas the colleges won't like it.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:02 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:02 pm Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Will Lockwood on @Sportsnet650 on returning to Michigan : "I talked with Mr Benning and Mr Johnson, things don't change for me, the goal is to still play in Vancouver at the end of next year. I also want to leave a little bit of a legacy in Michigan"

AND

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Lockwood on not turning pro : " The decision was more difficult than I thought but the Canucks were very understanding and didn't force me and gave me the time."

So it really was his process and his decision. The plan is to get him signed right after his season ends. No worries.
Halford, Brough and Botchford were on their usual soapbox this week regarding ‘Lockwoods decision to return to College” as more ammo for their Fire Benning Campaign saying that Lockwood is only doing it so he can go to free agency next year throwing shade at Benning for this decision. “Another pick gone”.
Even as a frequent Benning critic, the assertion it's his fault is hilarious. It's just the risk you take when drafting college players. Thus far, Benning has done alright in that regard. I don't see how you can blame him for the kids' refusal to sign. Talk to his agent representative over the summer, get a feel for his thinking/opinions on the franchise, and if he values going the UFA route, trade him for a 4th or 5th rounder.

I wonder what it is about the Lockwood quotes they’re missing. Lockwood seems pretty clear it was his decision and he plans to sign with Vancouver.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:50 am
An excellent idea and one that I think would "weed out" the bad attitudes.
Alas the colleges won't like it.
Good thing the colleges don't matter. It's entirely up to the players. They can either play for the team that drafts them, or play overseas. Obviously this wouldn't apply to those players who went undrafted.
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:24 am I wonder what it is about the Lockwood quotes they’re missing. Lockwood seems pretty clear it was his decision and he plans to sign with Vancouver.
And there is still some incentive for him to do so. He can get a big signing bonus ($90K or something?) the day he signs, then again few months later on July 1. Burn a year off his ELC almost immidiately, and start earning $$. Even for 2 weeks at the end of the year could equal $50,000+.

Waiting until July 1 allows him to pick his team, but it's not like he can get a better deal (still subject to rookie maximums).
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

He actually has to wait until August 15.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:22 am He actually has to wait until August 15.
Oh neat.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:22 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:22 am He actually has to wait until August 15.
Oh neat.
:eh:

You hanging around reef and his 2 fingers?
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:44 pm
Oh neat.

For the love of God, it is 2 fingers of whisky in a glass, not 2 fingers anywhere else.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:58 pm
Oh neat.

For the love of God, it is 2 fingers of whisky in a glass, not 2 fingers anywhere else.
What about Strangelove?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:43 am
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:58 pm
Oh neat.

What about Strangelove?
Strange doesn't like it neat.

He likes it dirty.

:mex:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jet Woo shut down due to minor knee injury. Has been released from his ATO. On the way to Vancouver together knee examined.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 pm Jet Woo shut down due to minor knee injury. Has been released from his ATO. On the way to Vancouver together knee examined.
Geez, Wids, the season's over but the bad news keeps coming anyways. I hope he's OK.
It's what it feels like with this franchise sometimes.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 pm Jet Woo shut down due to minor knee injury. Has been released from his ATO. On the way to Vancouver together knee examined.
Geez, Wids, the season's over but the bad news keeps coming anyways. I hope he's OK.
Ya, Canuck’s medical and training staff really fucked up on Woo eh?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:57 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Ya, Canuck’s medical and training staff really fucked up on Woo eh?
I thought the dark clouds just meant the bad luck the Nucks get, not against the trainers???
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They do...
"evolution"