Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am
What’s funny here?
Any time we're in front of Edmonton is good.
and Calgary, Toronto, Bos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:03 pm
What’s funny here?
I wouldn’t put much credence in that list. They don’t even have Victor Soderstrom in the top 10.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm
What’s funny here?
I wouldn’t put much credence in that list. They don’t even have Victor Soderstrom in the top 10.
I don't. But look; http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=45081 The guy that wrote it, played hockey and he was a tough guy.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm I wouldn’t put much credence in that list.
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 am Dahlen’s problem, twice, was being unable to adapt to the AHL. His also did not relate well with Cull. But I think it was his agent who blew it by sounding off to Benning too much. Dahlen apparently didn’t sound off to anyone other than his agent. When his agent threatened NHL or back to Sweden Benning traded him.

I guess the SJS AHL team didn’t goes as well for him either though so I wouldn’t be so quick to put it all on Cull. He choose to go home instead the Shark’s camp. That one I find strange, no.
Being the property of 3 NHL teams, and never playing in the NHL is a sign that something is wrong. We never did ask what flaws Ottawa saw in him, as it was considered a "steal" when we got him for an untradeable Burrows.

But, Meh, we still have Karlsson as a prospect, so we still got something.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm I wouldn’t put much credence in that list.
Yeah... well that’s just like your opinion... man
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ESQ wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am
Per wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:27 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 am Dahlen’s problem, twice, was being unable to adapt to the AHL. His also did not relate well with Cull. But I think it was his agent who blew it by sounding off to Benning too much. Dahlen apparently didn’t sound off to anyone other than his agent. When his agent threatened NHL or back to Sweden Benning traded him.

I guess the SJS AHL team didn’t goes as well for him either though so I wouldn’t be so quick to put it all on Cull. He choose to go home instead the Shark’s camp. That one I find strange, no.
Yeah, he should have given the Barracudas a shot. Or join an SHL team.
Going back to Timrå is probably not the smartest career at this point.
But I guess he was feeling home sick... :|
Timra get demoted last season? I thought Dahlen got them through promotion before he came over?
Yup. He brought them up, but in his absence they crashed out again.
They only got to spend one season in the SHL this time.

They ended dead last with just 44 points in 52 games, and remember, a regulation time win is 3 points!

Then the two worst teams have to face challengers from Hockeyallsvenskan in a best out of seven series, and Timrå lost that series against Oskarshamn in seven.
Last edited by Per on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 pm
Yeah... well that’s just like your opinion... man
Next youll try and play the fuckin eagles
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:47 pm

Being the property of 3 NHL teams, and never playing in the NHL is a sign that something is wrong. We never did ask what flaws Ottawa saw in him, as it was considered a "steal" when we got him for an untradeable Burrows.

But, Meh, we still have Karlsson as a prospect, so we still got something.
Right on! Absolutely we did. Image

Never know. Maybe he makes Utica and sticks. Skies the limit when your young.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vancouver Canucks 2019 Draft Prospect Profile: Nils Hoglander
August 14, 2019, 2:07 PM ET.
Carol Schram ; https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-S ... 194/100942
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s funny here?
Whenever a Canuck prospect gets raving reviews Blob pulls out the conspiracy theory card - “that list where Hoglander is ranked 2nd has zero cred!”

Blob - “I’ve seen lists where you can flip Hughes and Dobson either way but the list RD pulled (Hughes 8th, Dobson 18th) has zero cred!”

Are we sure Blob isn’t an MS sock
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 am
What’s funny here?
Whenever a Canuck prospect gets raving reviews Blob pulls out the conspiracy theory card - “that list where Hoglander is ranked 2nd has zero cred!”

Blob - “I’ve seen lists where you can flip Hughes and Dobson either way but the list RD pulled (Hughes 8th, Dobson 18th) has zero cred!”

Are we sure Blob isn’t an MS sock
You were a guy banging the drum for Soderstrom quite a bit last year. Do you really believe he isn’t even in the top 10 of that list? My comment has fuck all to do with Hoglander and more to do with Soderstrom not being on the list and Broberg being ranked 8th. But yes the entire board knows you aren’t capable of being objective at all. I can guarantee that if Vancouver drafted Soderstrom and you saw that list you’d be losing your shit.

If I’m an MS sock you are an MS thong.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Actually there were a number of scouts who weren’t high on Soderstrom, same with Broberg

Benning absolutely slayed the Hoglander pick! Cue in John Shorthouse

Only Horvat (traded Schneider for him) to show for 6 drafts by Gillis?!?!?! If that isn’t organization ruining I don’t know what is
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude- “ when getting my ass handed to me for the umpteenth time, must mention Gillis”.

This is hilarious as usual. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:42 am Dude- “ when getting my ass handed to me for the umpteenth time, must mention Gillis”.

This is hilarious as usual. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
6 drafts, only Horvat, at the expense of former first round pick - Schneider. Just wow.

Poor Benning. What a fucking disaster he inherited.