Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 pm I still think TrampKing is the guy we give up to unload Loui on the Sens... plus Goldy?

(they're going Russian in Ottawa, they've got scouts all over the Motherland now)

At other times I fantasize about Loui retiring/refusing to report to Utica = suspension/mutual contract termination.

I do think that Nikita will end up being a solid #4 in the NHL...
I could get behind that. Do you think it would be enough to move the Air Thief? I’d give up either Olli or Nikita to get Louie out of town. Hell I’d give up both
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 pm I still think TrampKing is the guy we give up to unload Loui on the Sens... plus Goldy?

(they're going Russian in Ottawa, they've got scouts all over the Motherland now)

At other times I fantasize about Loui retiring/refusing to report to Utica = suspension/mutual contract termination.

I could get behind that. Do you think it would be enough to move the Air Thief? I’d give up either Olli or Nikita to get Louie out of town. Hell I’d give up both
I wouldn't give up OJ, no.

I like to think TrampKing would be enough to unload Loui after his bonus is paid in July

... but I imagine that depends on what kind of season Nikita has this year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:08 pm Either way they need some good young D men coming up through the pipe. In the new year:
Benn -33
Edler-34
Myers-30
Tanev- 31

Hughes is great, the entire board think 25 year old Stecher is a trash can but 24 years old Teves and Rafferty with their combined 20 games of AHL experience are God’s gift.

Juolevi is apparently struggling big time in the A and Brisebois and Chatfield suck shit. They need some young guys to push the old ones in the next couple years.
Myers is 29 for a few more months
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I’d give up either Olli or Nikita to get Louie out of town. Hell I’d give up both
Just stop it, little Johnny
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lack of quality defensive prospects has been vancouvers weakness for the entirety of their existence and is a primary reason for the 50 years of futility.

We have a few decent prospects but none that are looking like a top pairing level.

Thank fuck for Quinn Hughes is all I can say. Thats a grand slam homerun and probably will end up being vsancouvers best ever defenseman
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 pm Lack of quality defensive prospects has been vancouvers weakness for the entirety of their existence and is a primary reason for the 50 years of futility.

We have a few decent prospects but none that are looking like a top pairing level.

Thank fuck for Quinn Hughes is all I can say. Thats a grand slam homerun and probably will end up being vsancouvers best ever defenseman
In 6 drafts Gillis did not draft a defenceman in the 1st round, the best defenceman Gillis drafted:

1. Connauton
2. Hutton
3. Subban
4. Sauve

Just awful. No excuses.

Benning is doing it the right way. Patience grasshopper
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gillis isn’t the manager anymore. Focus on the present if you are able.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm Gillis isn’t the manager anymore. Focus on the present if you are able.
We all need to understand how the effect the ultra poor drafting from 6 years of Gillis and Gilman made it extremely difficult for the new regime.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:34 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm Gillis isn’t the manager anymore. Focus on the present if you are able.
We all need to understand how the effect the ultra poor drafting from 6 years of Gillis and Gilman made it extremely difficult for the new regime.
So what’s the excuse for only drafting one good D man in six years for Elmer?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:49 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:34 pm
So what’s the excuse for only drafting one good D man in six years for Elmer?

Patience grasshopper. Juolevi, Woo, Tryamkin, Utonen, Rathbone are on route
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have a lot of patience and I see a mediocre pool of guys most teams can trot out there.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:58 pm I have a lot of patience
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:01 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:58 pm I have a lot of patience
:lol:
Chef- get rid of Stecher he’s done at 25. Can’t improve.

Rafferty is the shit at 24. Hilarious, keep on keeping on. :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Those are B prospects. Where are all the A level D prospects
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Those are B prospects. Where are all the A level D prospects
Stuart Zukerman is a C level poster these days. Too much booze and blow for the old guy.