Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:47 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:02 am Forwards selected after Lind

33rd - Lind - 9 goals 16 assists
34th - Ratcliffe - 3 goals 6 assists AHL
35th - Boqvist - 3 goals 0 assists NHL
37th - Davidsson - 7 goals 4 assists Sweden
38th - Robertson - 11 goals 10 assists AHL
40th - Heponiemi - 0 goals 8 assists AHL
41st - Anderson Dolan - 4 goals 9 assists AHL
42nd - Luostarinen - 5 goals 7 assists AHL
45th - Texier - 6 goals 6 assists NHL
47th - Formentin - 12 goals 8 assists AHL
48th - Volkov - 2 goals 10 assists AHL
50th - Comtios - 3 goals 4 assists NHL/0 goals 0 assists AHL
Doyle here is the 10 forwards picked after him, as you requested. As you can see, the 10 forwards picked ahead of Lind and the 10 after, Lind is proving to be an EXCELLENT choice. Genius strikes again, always!
One might hold the phone on annointing it a genius pick until hes played a single minute in the bigs...just saying
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:23 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:08 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:47 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:02 am Forwards selected after Lind

33rd - Lind - 9 goals 16 assists
34th - Ratcliffe - 3 goals 6 assists AHL
35th - Boqvist - 3 goals 0 assists NHL
37th - Davidsson - 7 goals 4 assists Sweden
38th - Robertson - 11 goals 10 assists AHL
40th - Heponiemi - 0 goals 8 assists AHL
41st - Anderson Dolan - 4 goals 9 assists AHL
42nd - Luostarinen - 5 goals 7 assists AHL
45th - Texier - 6 goals 6 assists NHL
47th - Formentin - 12 goals 8 assists AHL
48th - Volkov - 2 goals 10 assists AHL
50th - Comtios - 3 goals 4 assists NHL/0 goals 0 assists AHL
Doyle here is the 10 forwards picked after him, as you requested. As you can see, the 10 forwards picked ahead of Lind and the 10 after, Lind is proving to be an EXCELLENT choice. Genius strikes again, always!
Now how bout 10 D men picked after him?
Not really just getting him chasing his tail. For instance the guy picked right after Lind looks pretty damn good on Vegas’s D right now.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hague AHL - 5 games 0 goals 2 assists
Hague NHL - 28 games 0 goals 6 assists
Jordie Benn - 32 games 0 goals 6 assists

“Looks (Hague) pretty damn good right now” - Doyles
“Hamonic is a stud” - Doyles
“I’d take Dobson over Hughes” - Doyles
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:53 am Kole Lind is scoring at will, another goal last night.
Nice to hear K.Lind is playing well and gotta give him props for it; however, I think he's getting ice time with the Nikita Kucherov of the AHL (Reid Boucher), so it's padding his stats a bit. Boucher just tearing it up down there (26GP, 20G, 17A, 37Pts). Guy is scoring @ almost a goal a game.
Boucher with the Gordie Howe hat trick recently too.

Right now, if we get hit with injuries up front again, I think I'd rather recall Boucher over Bearcheese & Golds.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boucher is an AHL’er, nothing more nothing less. He can’t skate nor play defence. He’s not even worth talking about, but good for him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:58 pm Boucher is an AHL’er, nothing more nothing less. He can’t skate nor play defence. He’s not even worth talking about, but good for him
98% of the time players that can't skate or play defense are worthless in the NHL. And then there are the Dino Ciccarellis, Tomas Holmstroms, Patrick Hornqvists.

Boucher's is not the worst skater of this group. What's bizarre to me is that in his Canuck call ups, Boucher's played tentatively and on the perimeter, which is the absolute last thing a guy like him should be doing to try to stick in the NHL.

I can't see him getting another shot in Vancouver. So long as Goldy and Baertschi are putting in the work and producing decently in Utica, he is the third "skilled player" call up.
Hono_rary Canadian
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:58 pm Boucher is an AHL’er, nothing more nothing less. He can’t skate nor play defence. He’s not even worth talking about, but good for him
98% of the time players that can't skate or play defense are worthless in the NHL. And then there are the Dino Ciccarellis, Tomas Holmstroms, Patrick Hornqvists.

Boucher's is not the worst skater of this group. What's bizarre to me is that in his Canuck call ups, Boucher's played tentatively and on the perimeter, which is the absolute last thing a guy like him should be doing to try to stick in the NHL.

I can't see him getting another shot in Vancouver. So long as Goldy and Baertschi are putting in the work and producing decently in Utica, he is the third "skilled player" call up.
It’s a different game in the NHL. Boucher isn’t the first AHL star who couldn’t survive in the NHL. The biggest fault of Boucher at the NHL level is how horrendous he is on the defence side of the game
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:23 am
UWSaint wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:09 am

It’s a different game in the NHL. Boucher isn’t the first AHL star who couldn’t survive in the NHL. The biggest fault of Boucher at the NHL level is how horrendous he is on the defence side of the game
I wouldn't be sealing the coffin on an NHL career just yet. He comes up, he gets intimidated. Out of his comfort zone. Terrified.
Some guys need a sports shrink. Maybe he's one. Seriously.
The AHL isn't a rec league.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:43 pm I wouldn't be sealing the coffin on an NHL career just yet. He comes up, he gets intimidated. Out of his comfort zone. Terrified.
Some guys need a sports shrink. Maybe he's one. Seriously.
The AHL isn't a rec league.
Yeahno, seal that coffin shut there Micky!

26-yr-old Boucher has cleared waivers in each of the last 3 seasons despite his great AHL numbers.

Career AHLer, or perhaps he ends up in Europe... *sticks fork in him* :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hoggy does it again @ WJC.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:51 pm Hoggy does it again @ WJC.

As much as I love the idea the kid is Canuck property. I’m wondering how much the concussion would hurt skating behind the net in one direction while looking back in the other at the NHL level?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doubt he'd remember, ..............ever.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Boucher had his shots at the NHL. Simply put, his AHL game doesn't translate the the NHL level. Pick your reasons (skating, slow shot realease, etc.) but it is what it is.

Boucher is a career AHL star. He will make a few million playing hockey. That's his lot in life.
I wish people would quit saying he deserves (yet another) NHL look or shot.

He doesn't.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 am Boucher had his shots at the NHL. Simply put, his AHL game doesn't translate the the NHL level. Pick your reasons (skating, slow shot realease, etc.) but it is what it is.

Boucher is a career AHL star. He will make a few million playing hockey. That's his lot in life.
I wish people would quit saying he deserves (yet another) NHL look or shot.

He doesn't.
I'm sure Boucher would love to earn an NHL contract, but the kid has made over $3million playing mostly AHL. I'd love to think he's an 80point/year gem kicking around the minors, but, so far, he's been a bust at the NHL level. Too bad, but he's a great success story for an "NHL failure" . Personally, I hope he stays in Utica. He seems to have a great veteran presence, and gives the club a winning attitude.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Boucher....what a mouthy fucker he is
If you need air...call it in