Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 am I hope Gaudette becomes a great player but he is not elite yet.
Profound as always Reef, you're like the voice of reason...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:09 pm I put Goldobin, Dahlen and Leipsic all on the same level of potential offensive wingers.

Dahlen being the youngest still holds the most upside imo. But if one of the 3 turns into a bona fide top-6 winger (40+ points), that's still a very good return for Furrows, Hansen and Holm. If 2 of the 3 turn out, then I'd call it an excellent return.
For sure ESQ, the price was right.

Agreed about Dahlen having the most upside.

And I've mentioned before I like Lipstick's gritty 200' game.

Goldie is a top line or bust kinda guy... so he'll likely bust imo.

Something seems wrong with Goldie's attitude from where I sit.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:31 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 am I hope Gaudette becomes a great player but he is not elite yet.
Give it s rest, cripes you get manhandled and resort to this. But then why are we surprised.

Lol
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 pmBut then why are we surprised.
Just like Christmas morning.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 pm
Give it s rest, cripes you get manhandled and resort to this. But then why are we surprised.
You're right, it is unlike me to mock the less fortunate, not sure what came over me...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:38 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 pm
You're right, it is unlike me to mock the less fortunate, not sure what came over me...
Lol, your such a twit.

What ever, go on until your hearts content, I’m done yakking with ya.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 am No disrespect Mick but sometimes I dont get your posts? Hell sometimes I dont get my posts a day later and I rarely get Doc's posts.
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 pm Am I the only person who has no freaking idea what ya all talking about?
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:56 pm Am I missing something here?.....
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:46 pm I don’t give a shit what anyone here thinks or writes.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Get a room, you two.... This thread still has some life it....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is Dahlen really only a lipstick or a goalgoblin? Wouldnt he be much higher up the totem? I've been under the impression theres quite a bit more promise there. The other 2 are more or less on their last stab as canucks
If you need air...call it in
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm Is Dahlen really only a lipstick or a goalgoblin? Wouldnt he be much higher up the totem? I've been under the impression theres quite a bit more promise there. The other 2 are more or less on their last stab as canucks
Dahlen is a better prospect than a Goldy or Leipsic. Doesn’t mean he will reach his ceiling, but he’s better than either of those guys were at the same age. I expect he will around a point a game in the AHL this year if he doesn’t make the big club.

As you say, Goldy and Leipsic both have to show something in camp to make the team, and from there have to have solid seasons to stay in the big leagues. If you can’t make this Canucks team in the top 9 there aren’t too many other teams you will make.

Will be an interesting camp if there isn’t any more player movement between now and the start of the season.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ya this is where i was expecting dahlen to be in the pecking order but someone in this thread considered him along with the bubble boys.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:02 pm Get a room, you two.... This thread still has some life it....
Couldn't agree more. For the love of the hockey gods, can't we have just one thread that doesn't devolve into a flame war?
Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm Is Dahlen really only a lipstick or a goalgoblin? Wouldnt he be much higher up the totem? I've been under the impression theres quite a bit more promise there. The other 2 are more or less on their last stab as canucks
Dahlen is a better prospect than a Goldy or Leipsic. Doesn’t mean he will reach his ceiling, but he’s better than either of those guys were at the same age. I expect he will around a point a game in the AHL this year if he doesn’t make the big club.

As you say, Goldy and Leipsic both have to show something in camp to make the team, and from there have to have solid seasons to stay in the big leagues. If you can’t make this Canucks team in the top 9 there aren’t too many other teams you will make.

Will be an interesting camp if there isn’t any more player movement between now and the start of the season.
I didn't really follow either Goldy or Lipstick earlier in their careers, but is there really that much of a difference from Dahlen? Asking from a lack of knowledge, not trying to disagree (and I'm too lazy right now to do any in depth research).

With so many bodies to fill a limited number of spots, I'm definitely looking forward to training camp and preseason more than I have in quite some time. Should be interesting to see who has the compete and can raise their game.

Anyone have any prognostications as to who they thing might be a pleasant surprise (with the emphasis on surprise)?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:23 pm
Anyone have any prognostications as to who they thing might be a pleasant surprise (with the emphasis on surprise)?
My question a few posts ago was about Dahlen and that i think he may be that suprise come September.

He was a point a game player for Timra the past 2 years and was a key cog for them jumping out of the alsvenskan into the SEL if I'm not mistaken. He also was the leagues MVP.

Those are some impressive accomplishments considering hes only 20 years old .

He has my vote for a potential usurper come training camp
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

IMO, Goldobin will have to hit it out of the park in pre-season.
If not? There is no way he'll do the up and down to Utica thing, (70k in the minors), no way.
It'll be more like, " Help me, Igor. Get me outta here! I wanna go home.

Guess he could end up on another NHL team but doubt the Canucks will do that for next to nothing.
I hope he makes it but just hard to imagine it playing out that way.

There may well be room for Dahlen.

What will piss me off is that if after all the shenanigans, Mr. Virtanen doesn't claim a spot.
At that point, I start chanting: NO MORE :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Will be interested in the two buddies, Palmu and Gadjovick. If they are skating better as rumoured, they could be pleasant surprises. Dark horses to make the team, but possible early call-ups if they do well. Palmu looked good against his fellow prospects. He’ll be interesting to watch as the quality of competition gets jacked up.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.