Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:31 pm That's too bad.

Utica just clinched a spot in the playoffs today and could really use Gaudette.

The Comets have no business being there with the group they've had down there over the past 4-5 weeks. Demko has been a brick wall, and Cull has got that team playing waaay above and beyond.
Ya I’m looking forward to seeing him but also hoped he’d sign his 3 year ELC taking effect July 1st then signing a contract with Utica.

But getting him under contract is good.
Rather lose a year than him entirely
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Utica could use him more. Besides, if Seattle does in fact come in, he will then need to be protected.

Let him play in a top six role for games that actually matter.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:44 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm Hearing it's a done deal. He will report to the Canucks, not Utica, thereby burning year one of his ELC.
Will be interesting to see what this kid can do. He’s got good size and skill, very good shot. Not the greatest skater but he’s solid. He should be NHL ready or very close to it anyway, so will be another guy fighting for a spot on the big team.

Anybody have any idea what’s going to happen this summer? Way too many players for too few positions. Something’s gotta give.

A lot of players eligible for either the NHL or AHL.

Gaudette, Lind, Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi, Gadjovich, all can be sent to Utica while Benning makes room. Hopefully he can secure some picks over the summer to have in the 2019 draft. He’s in the opposite position to when he got here. We have younger players knocking on the door and older younger players who will require waivers. Hopefully he can parlay some of those into other assets. I’m thinking, not necessarily all, Hutton, Stetcher, Pouliot, Goldobin, Boucher, Dowd, Gaunce, Baertschi, Granlund, Motte, Leipsic. Motte can be sent to Utica so no biggie there.

Anyway, he has shown he can make room when he needs to.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 pm Utica could use him more. Besides, if Seattle does in fact come in, he will then need to be protected.

Let him play in a top six role for games that actually matter.

That is a consideration too, expansion draft.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don’t see the Canucks having protection issues in the next few years. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:44 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm Hearing it's a done deal. He will report to the Canucks, not Utica, thereby burning year one of his ELC.
Will be interesting to see what this kid can do. He’s got good size and skill, very good shot. Not the greatest skater but he’s solid. He should be NHL ready or very close to it anyway, so will be another guy fighting for a spot on the big team.

Anybody have any idea what’s going to happen this summer? Way too many players for too few positions. Something’s gotta give.
And hopefully they announce it in the next week---(insert smiley with fingers crossed).
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So someone more knowledgable than me pkaesa confirm.

If Gaudette's plays one game in the NHL he burns one year on his ELC. Correct?

But he needs to play ten games for the season to count as one pro season. Correct?

If this is true, he will be exempt from the expansion draft as he will either be a first year or second year pro, depending upon when the expansion draft year happens. Correct?

If this is the case we should be fine exempting players like Gaudette, Lind, Peterson, Dahlen, Gadgovich (s), and any players we draft this year whose are NHL ready.and any other CHL players we pick up or college FA we may sign.

This year is considered Boeser's first full season so if the draft is 19-20 he too will be exempt.

But Hutton, Stetcher, Pouliot, Del Zotto, Tanev, Gudbranson Biega and all the other D arn not exempt except Edler and his full NMC.

Both goalies are daft eligeble, well Bachman too, I'm not sure if AHL seasons count as pro seasons. If they do then Demko is not protected. So are a number of good young Utica players. Perhaps someone could clarify this for me.

I guess it will depend upon when the expansion lottery will be.

This should be part of Benning's due diligence so he is able to protect as many young players as possible making our protection list easier to determine.

Trade Markstrom and get a decent return. Trade Gagne to get something. Expose Erickson. Expose Sutter.

We should be fine.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning is going to have to make some room with the forward part of the lineup, especially if the twins return. When you consider that Dahlen, Gaudette and Pettersson will be pushing for jobs. No fucking way anyone outside of Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, Virtanen and for other reasons - Eriksson, Sutter and the twins if they return, should get the benefit of the doubt over Pettersson, Gaudette and Dahlen NOT when you are as terrible as the Canucks are right now. Do your fans a favour, do the empty seats at Rogers arena a favour. Do the apathy a favour bring the team back to life by not littering the line up with ahl retreads and NHL journeymen. Lose with the kids not your Gagners and Bouchers and Dowds
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:39 am Benning is going to have to make some room with the forward part of the lineup, especially if the twins return. When you consider that Dahlen, Gaudette and Pettersson will be pushing for jobs. No fucking way anyone outside of Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, Virtanen and for other reasons - Eriksson, Sutter and the twins if they return, should get the benefit of the doubt over Pettersson, Gaudette and Dahlen NOT when you are as terrible as the Canucks are right now. Do your fans a favour, do the empty seats at Rogers arena a favour. Do the apathy a favour bring the team back to life by not littering the line up with ahl retreads and NHL journeymen. Lose with the kids not your Gagners and Bouchers and Dowds
+1

What’s up with you RD, greats posting lately.

Could not agree with you more.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lipstick has shown why he has yet to earn a steady NHL role. The first couple of game we a mirage.

Expect wild level of competition at the rookie camp and early on at training camp, but also expect cuts to be fast and furious. The abundance of kids and tweeners will make things interesting. Several of the tweeners are at the put up or shut up stage.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So the lineup when Gaudette steps in?

Dank Hank gagner
lipstick Horvat Gaudette
Archibald Sutter Virtanen
Goldobin Motte Jokinen

Boucher Dowd
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/va ... -year-deal

Vancouver Canucks sign NCAA star Adam Gaudette to three-year deal
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/va ... -year-deal

Very nice
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/va ... -year-deal

People can now exhale after some of gasps heard around here when he was taking his time signing. Let's see how the kid does in the couple games he'll get now. Hopefully he gets a couple of summer training tips from Brock and comes in hitting the ground running in September.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We are growing exponentially !!!
https://pixabay.com/en/smilies-funny-wo ... r-2643655/

Seriously though, I'M BLOODY RELIEVED !!!!!
I never really doubted it but enough things creep into your head the last moment to cause angst, no?
"evolution"