Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm In one more year we may have Juolevi and Hanafin/7th in the lineup so may not be able to gift him a spot and he'll need to work his way up from the Comets. Is the big guy ready for that and another round of Pronger videos?
So Juolevi and the 7th. That’s two guys who have never played an NHL game, one of whom will be 19 and the other one a disappointment who is a year removed from back surgery. The other slugs Gudbranson, Pouliott, Hutton and Stecher offer little competition. Tanev will be traded or injured and Edler and Del Zotto likely sign elsewhere.
Are you out on a ledge somewhere? :drink:
Was I wrong? You think there will be stiff competition for Tryamkin if he returns?
Oh I'm sure they'll make sure they have a top-6 spot ready for Tryamkin when he returns...

I was just pointing out how insanely negative you are!

I've proven many times that Guds is basically a #4... not "a slug".

Edler loves it here, Van is his first choice, good chance he's still here... not "likely to sign elsewhere".

MDZ is easily extended... not "likely to sign elsewhere" (unless we cut him loose).

Tanev "will be injured"... like WDF?!!

(and if Tanev is traded no doubt another dman is brought in)

Sure Pouliott, Hutton and Stecher "offer little competition"... but they're young and we're talking a year from now.

Juolevi will be 100% one month from now.. why are you talking about "a year removed from back surgery". Image

The poster said "Hanifin/7th"... not "7th".

And who knows, maybe we've traded for Karlsson and signed Carlson and Doughty by then!

Danny was right, you paint a bleak picture, this is you:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol I ain’t negative Doc just realistic. 5th Horesmen made it sound like there might be some dogfight for Tryamkin to get playing time when he returns. It’s a pretty scabby outfit at the moment. That can change in two drafts and with the 2019 UFA crop which is why I hope Aquilini takes the cheque book away from Elmer and / or limits signings to one year deals.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm I ain’t negative Doc just realistic.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You could stand a good dose of reality old friend :)
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 pm You could stand a good dose of reality old friend :)
Buddy, we deliberately choose, on an ongoing basis, to be fans of the Canucks.

Reality is of no use to us.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 pm You could stand a good dose of reality old friend :)
Buddy, we deliberately choose, on an ongoing basis, to be fans of the Canucks.

Reality is of no use to us.
I gotta say, that's a pretty compelling argument.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Well the only time the Canucks got close to a Cup was through drafting and developing 1994 (linden/bure) /2011 (too many to name), unfortunately this franchise has never had the luck / nor tank mind culture to truly get that franchise player at 1st overall, like the Penguins and Blackhawks lately, or how the Habs robbed every team back in the days...but it does truly bode well that Jim Benning believes in drafting and developing to build a new core team to contend.

I believe this team has the weapons up front to eventually build a winner, it's just the team needs to draft a game changer dman, and get someone to help protect Horvat/Pettersson/Boeser up front, there's a lot of soldiers out in the league that hit to hurt.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

We don't know that
Tanev will be traded or injured
in a year, or that
Juolevi will be 100% one month from now

Only that some peculiar condition results in this much exaggeration.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm Lol I ain’t negative Doc just realistic. 5th Horesmen made it sound like there might be some dogfight for Tryamkin to get playing time when he returns. It’s a pretty scabby outfit at the moment. That can change in two drafts and with the 2019 UFA crop which is why I hope Aquilini takes the cheque book away from Elmer and / or limits signings to one year deals.
Of course there's going to be a dogfight. Elmer's either going to re-sign current players or bring in more UFAs to ice a minimum level of talend on D. Whether Tryamkin can crack that lineup is the question. At the current rate, he's battling for the 5/6 spot and not shown either great playmaking ability nor sound defensive positioning nor menace. But of course we're all salivating when he flattens an opponent. Big deal.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm I believe this team has the weapons up front to eventually build a winner, it's just the team needs to draft a game changer dman,
And you believe Evan Bouchard can be that D-man. Are there any other players who could still be on the board at the 7 spot whom you would take in preference?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm Trymankin’s agent confirms he approached the Canucks at the recent combine to discuss Tryamkin’s return to Vancouver. He wanted to get a sense of the value the Canuck’s placed on him and where they saw him fitting in the depth chart. He describes it as a positive meeting and indicated Trymankin will be back in the NHL when his current contract is up. Trymankin will be 26 when he returns.

Trymankin himself seems disappointed with his season, well the second half anyway, saying he didn’t play well and didn’t develop the way he wanted. He was also disappointed with how his time on the National Team went, finishing the tournament as a healthy scratch. All indications are they he feels stagnant in the KHL and perhaps has reached a new understanding and appreciation for the NHL and the development opportunity it presents.

No indication yet of and early return but it sure is looking like he wants to come back. If the Canucks don’t want him I think he will become a trade chip but with low value at this point. Benning has always maintained that they want him back but no recent comments from the Canucks.

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
It would be great to have him back after next season. Currently, Edler and Del Zotto are FA after this season -- and if the Canucks fade early (not unlikely), they will either be re-signed in February or an attempt will be made to move them. Hutton is an RFA who might not get an offer or will be lowballed, and if he goes to arbitration, the club could walk away. Pouliot and Stetcher -- if they are still here, I think are also RFA's with arbitration rights, but that may very well change based on this summer's negotiations. The NHL players under contract are Gudbrandson, Tanev, and Biega (a #7). (You can add Juolevi, I suppose, and there is some hope for Brisebois to break into a 5-6 role, but no one else in the system is likely to be anything more than an injury parts spare in two years time (yes, including Sauntner). Tryamkin > Stetcher as a RD -- and if Tryamkin really wants to play that side, you'd have to think the agent's talk with the Canucks about depth was very much about how 88 compares with Stetcher in terms of future outlook. I would hope that the Canucks said, "stay healthy, stay motivated, stay in shape, and you are Top 6. Continue to get better, and you are top 4. And yes, we'll even try you on the power play. So should we talk extension when you return or do you want to first prove to us you are top 4."

I worry that Tryamkin is never happy, though, and is a grass is always greener on the other side kind of guy.
That last sentence just nails it. Bang on.
I agree that is a worry for sure and that syndrome would not be exclusive to him as a Russian player.

If we trade the pick for Hanifin, I can live with that because it's a guarantied NHL skilled player, right away.
If we draft, I'm in for Bouchard, if he's there???
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Would you worry if i't Chara? ...... nope.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm Lol I ain’t negative Doc just realistic. 5th Horesmen made it sound like there might be some dogfight for Tryamkin to get playing time when he returns. It’s a pretty scabby outfit at the moment. That can change in two drafts and with the 2019 UFA crop which is why I hope Aquilini takes the cheque book away from Elmer and / or limits signings to one year deals.
Of course there's going to be a dogfight. Elmer's either going to re-sign current players or bring in more UFAs to ice a minimum level of talend on D. Whether Tryamkin can crack that lineup is the question. At the current rate, he's battling for the 5/6 spot and not shown either great playmaking ability nor sound defensive positioning nor menace. But of course we're all salivating when he flattens an opponent. Big real

Lol the dogfight is between shitzus, poodles, chihuahuas and Yorkshire terriers. As we speak right now Tryamkin could come over and be no worse than the #3 guy. What is going to drastically change in one season?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 pm
Of course there's going to be a dogfight. Elmer's either going to re-sign current players or bring in more UFAs to ice a minimum level of talend on D. Whether Tryamkin can crack that lineup is the question. At the current rate, he's battling for the 5/6 spot and not shown either great playmaking ability nor sound defensive positioning nor menace. But of course we're all salivating when he flattens an opponent. Big real

Lol the dogfight is between shitzus, poodles, chihuahuas and Yorkshire terriers. As we speak right now Tryamkin could come over and be no worse than the #3 guy. What is going to drastically change in one season?
After Edler, Tanev, Guds he's #4 at best. Tryamkin wasn't able to move up from the bottom pairing 2 years ago when the lineup isn't that much different than now (Sbisa and Larsen instead of MDZ/Pouliot), so unlikely he'll be able to do it after stagnating in the KHL for 2 years. In 12 months from now it's reasonable that either Juolevi is established or we trade for Hanafin or the 7th surprises. Any one of those transpires and I doubt Tryamkin can make it into the top 4.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pmI worry that Tryamkin is never happy, though, and is a grass is always greener on the other side kind of guy.
agree
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.