Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Carl Yagro »

Thx for the Abby update, Megs.

Usually you should temper your expectations even if your minor league team has some AHL superstars, but it's nice to hear that Jett is finally taking some strides. I would love to see him up for a few games. Even if he's no better than Burroughs, his size and skating alone would be a slight upgrade. We already know what Lockwood can bring, good to hear he's adding some offence to his game. As for Karlsson, if you can't skate, you better bring some serious intangibles or one-trick skill to the table.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:12 pm Thx for the Abby update, Megs.

Usually you should temper your expectations even if your minor league team has some AHL superstars, but it's nice to hear that Jett is finally taking some strides. I would love to see him up for a few games. Even if he's no better than Burroughs, his size and skating alone would be a slight upgrade. We already know what Lockwood can bring, good to hear he's adding some offence to his game. As for Karlsson, if you can't skate, you better bring some serious intangibles or one-trick skill to the table.
No problem Carl :)

Also noteworthy for me is Arturs Silovs seizing the number one goalie slot from AHL vet Colin Delia early. His numbers aren't eye popping but they're better than Delia's and the kid is already soaking up the lion's share of minutes in his first year in that league. Not bad at all for a 21 year old kid.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sounds like we are not ready to write the book on, Jett Woo? Good news on his progression.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ditto.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:52 pm
Ditto.
Tryin ta :wink: Woo me back
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Oh you'll be back...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:06 pm Oh you'll be back...
*as the terminator*
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:35 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:06 pm Oh you'll be back...
*as the terminator*
"The Birthday Terminator" :D

Yeahno, Canucks are going all the way!

____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Canucks top prospect Jonathan Lekkerimaki felled by apparent head shot

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... -head-shot

A season that's started poorly for Vancouver Canucks top prospect Jonathan Lekkerimaki just got worse

The 15th overall pick in the 2022 NHL Entry Draft, playing for Djurgardens IF of Sweden’s second-tier HockeyAllsvenskan, took a hard, high hit in a game on Saturday and immediately dropped to the ice. The hit came midway through the third period, as the 18-year-old entered the offensive zone with the puck and spun away from a Vasteras IK defender, only to get crushed by another player. (See video of the hit above)

Lekkerimaki did not return to the game, a 2-1 loss for Djurgardens. He may have a concussion, though that has yet to be confirmed.

The injury could jeopardize the upcoming World Junior tournament for the 18-year-old, who is expected to be a top offensive player for Sweden.

Lekkerimaki, a 5-foot-11, 172-pound right-shot forward, was already struggling this season, netting just one goal and four assists in 20 games.

He had taken another hard hit along the boards in a game a couple weeks ago, but was able to skate it off.

https://twitter.com/VictorNuno12/status ... FMtgcsog1A
el rey del mambo
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:36 am
Canucks top prospect Jonathan Lekkerimaki felled by apparent head shot

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... -head-shot

A season that's started poorly for Vancouver Canucks top prospect Jonathan Lekkerimaki just got worse

The 15th overall pick in the 2022 NHL Entry Draft, playing for Djurgardens IF of Sweden’s second-tier HockeyAllsvenskan, took a hard, high hit in a game on Saturday and immediately dropped to the ice. The hit came midway through the third period, as the 18-year-old entered the offensive zone with the puck and spun away from a Vasteras IK defender, only to get crushed by another player. (See video of the hit above)

Lekkerimaki did not return to the game, a 2-1 loss for Djurgardens. He may have a concussion, though that has yet to be confirmed.

The injury could jeopardize the upcoming World Junior tournament for the 18-year-old, who is expected to be a top offensive player for Sweden.

Lekkerimaki, a 5-foot-11, 172-pound right-shot forward, was already struggling this season, netting just one goal and four assists in 20 games.

He had taken another hard hit along the boards in a game a couple weeks ago, but was able to skate it off.

https://twitter.com/VictorNuno12/status ... FMtgcsog1A
Bust
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t like to write off prospects this early but Lekkerimaki’s miserable season is worrisome
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

OR, we scored another year!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He turned back into the hit. Dumb.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:49 am I don’t like to write off prospects this early but Lekkerimaki’s miserable season is worrisome
Chef, you must have 2 peckers. How else can you piss in every direction at once?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tciso wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:49 am I don’t like to write off prospects this early but Lekkerimaki’s miserable season is worrisome
Chef, you must have 2 peckers. How else can you piss in every direction at once?
2pek Chef?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.