Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Province was pretty spot on with their top 10 list but with one massive stinky ass addition that does not belong whatsoever - Subban at 7. My gawd, man. Get that shit off the list. This is how the list should roll

1. Boeser
2. Juolevi
3. Demko
4. Gaudette
5. Dahlen
6. Goldobin
7. Virtanen
8. Brisebios
9. Lockwood
10. McEneny
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

SKYO wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:Adam Gaudette has that goal scorers goal shot...ever lethal, & has some Datsyukian dangles a bit as well.
One thing I noticed after watching some Gaudette and Goldolbin highlights, they both seem to really luv to score. They do the fist pumping thing a lot. Hopefully it'll be something that carries over to the NHL lvl. :P Chances are Goldolbin will stick with us next season, I'd like to see him get some looks in the shootouts.
Yup they love to score just like that guy in my avi.

Gaudette I can't wait till he signs hopefully next year!

I'm hoping we acquire someone to play with Goldy like another Russian, how about we sign Yakupov for cheap? A one year $800k performance laden contract should suffice if the Blues let him walk.

Yakupov - Sutter - Goldy.

What do the Canucks have to lose? Team can afford to experiment at this point. & Yak would probably love to stick it to edmonton, so there's some motivation ha.
Yak is a waste of space. Maybe sign him to a 2 way deal and send him down. Sutter isn't a playmaker. Not sure how this would work, really...
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

RoyalDude wrote:The Province was pretty spot on with their top 10 list but with one massive stinky ass addition that does not belong whatsoever - Subban at 7. My gawd, man. Get that shit off the list. This is how the list should roll

1. Boeser
2. Juolevi
3. Demko
4. Gaudette
5. Dahlen
6. Goldobin
7. Virtanen
8. Brisebios
9. Lockwood
10. McEneny
Subban has never played an NHL regular season game and you've cast him off. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Kids. I think he might be a player and we should get some idea this season. Green used him a lot in Utica and if Benning has the balls to deal a couple D and get overpayments in return, then we might see Subban and Pedan stick at the NHL level.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Iceman2014 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Province was pretty spot on with their top 10 list but with one massive stinky ass addition that does not belong whatsoever - Subban at 7. My gawd, man. Get that shit off the list. This is how the list should roll

1. Boeser
2. Juolevi
3. Demko
4. Gaudette
5. Dahlen
6. Goldobin
7. Virtanen
8. Brisebios
9. Lockwood
10. McEneny
Subban has never played an NHL regular season game and you've cast him off. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Kids. I think he might be a player and we should get some idea this season. Green used him a lot in Utica and if Benning has the balls to deal a couple D and get overpayments in return, then we might see Subban and Pedan stick at the NHL level.

We are on the PK in the defensive zone if we are 5 on 5 with Subban on the ice, it's just that simple
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Iceman2014 wrote:

1. Boeser
2. Juolevi
3. Demko
4. Gaudette
5. Dahlen
6. Goldobin
7. Virtanen
8. Brisebios
9. Lockwood
10. McEneny

We are on the PK in the defensive zone if we are 5 on 5 with Subban on the ice, it's just that simple

And you know this because you've watched a ton of Comets games? I don't entirely disagree with you but Subban is developing and is still a prospect. I don't know if I've seen enough from Brisebois or McEneny to put them over Sub just yet. Sure, he has defensive issues and lapses at times but those can be corrected to a degree. His skill is too enticing to drop him out of the top 10 right now. However, if he can't up the D game soon then yes, he could be done.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Iceman2014 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Iceman2014 wrote:

1. Boeser
2. Juolevi
3. Demko
4. Gaudette
5. Dahlen
6. Goldobin
7. Virtanen
8. Brisebios
9. Lockwood
10. McEneny

And you know this because you've watched a ton of Comets games? I don't entirely disagree with you but Subban is developing and is still a prospect. I don't know if I've seen enough from Brisebois or McEneny to put them over Sub just yet. Sure, he has defensive issues and lapses at times but those can be corrected to a degree. His skill is too enticing to drop him out of the top 10 right now. However, if he can't up the D game soon then yes, he could be done.
RD knows this because he reads the internet and watch a few highlights and the comes on here and pretends he knows what he is talking about. Then when something changes in 6 months his story changes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
Iceman2014 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Iceman2014 wrote:

1. Boeser
2. Juolevi
3. Demko
4. Gaudette
5. Dahlen
6. Goldobin
7. Virtanen
8. Brisebios
9. Lockwood
10. McEneny

RD knows this because he reads the internet and watch a few highlights and the comes on here and pretends he knows what he is talking about. Then when something changes in 6 months his story changes.
So we should just ignore the general consensus and universal scouting reports on Subbans game? I'm just making this stuff up? Cool beans, from now on when I see the name on the back of his jersey, like you I will just imagine he's the PK Subban - smurf version. Shit we should have drafted Keith Gretzky
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reef bringing the heat and cuffing the dude around
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:

So we should just ignore the general consensus and universal scouting reports on Subbans game? I'm just making this stuff up? Cool beans, from now on when I see the name on the back of his jersey, like you I will just imagine he's the PK Subban - smurf version. Shit we should have drafted Keith Gretzky
The difference RD is that I DON"T know anything about any prospect, I DON'T watch a few minutes of highlights read something a TV talking head says and then pretend to sound like I know what I am talking about.

You say a guy cant skate? Really and your a power skating coach?

Wasn't the talk around here was that Horvat couldn't skate? Not saying you wrote anything like that but as we can see from the past season Horvat can skate just fine thank you.

The NHL has many short D that play well and long careers, the NHL has many top 5 picks that have less than a 100 games in their NHL career. Just saying something based upon people whose job is to create clicks to their site is kinda useless. If you saw 5 - 6 games live then I would listen to that person more.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

The difference RD is that I DON"T know anything about any prospect, I DON'T watch a few minutes of highlights read something a TV talking head says and then pretend to sound like I know what I am talking about.

Wasn't the talk around here was that Horvat couldn't skate? Not saying you wrote anything like that but as we can see from the past season Horvat can skate just fine thank you.

The NHL has many short D that play well and long careers, the NHL has many top 5 picks that have less than a 100 games in their NHL career. Just saying something based upon people whose job is to create clicks to their site is kinda useless. If you saw 5 - 6 games live then I would listen to that person more.
So if I understand correctly, if I witness 5-6 smurf Subban games you would then trust every scouts current opinion on smurf Subban, which is no different from what I am saying about him now? It's basically you and Iceman against what everyone is saying about him, but if I saw 5-6 games you would then join the general consensus group?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jordan Subban is getting a lot of attention lately, I guess scoring 72 points in two years will help your cause, plus Ryan Ellis killin' it in the playoffs vs some big heavy teams.

And when the mighty Elliotte Friedman's first paragraph in his 30 thoughts, Subban is definitely getting some focus.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-t ... ring-help/
Elliotte Friedman May 16, 2017, 10:02 AM

Jordan Subban packed his suitcase as we spoke, getting ready for a short trip.

Destination: Nashville.

There’s one obvious reason to travel to Tennessee: moral support for brother P.K. as the Western Conference Final resumes Tuesday night. But there’s another more subtle opportunity: the chance to watch Ryan Ellis live and in-person.

A couple of weeks ago, P.K. Subban told reporters he’d advised Jordan to study Ellis’s game. And, as Jordan revealed Monday, one other important figure made the same suggestion.

“In my exit interview [at AHL Utica], Travis Green told me, ‘That’s a guy you should be watching,'” Subban said Monday.

It is Green he will have to impress if he wishes to crack the Vancouver Canucks' lineup in 2017–18.

Ellis finished an incredible four-year junior career at OHL Windsor in 2011, just months before Subban arrived in Belleville. Ellis never averaged less than a point a game in any of those seasons as Nashville took him 11th overall in 2009. His rise in the NHL took a little longer, but he is in the midst of a stellar playoffs and has established himself as a permanent fixture on one of the league’s best blue lines.

Listed at five-foot-10 and 180 pounds, Ellis is one inch taller and two pounds heavier than Subban, who scored 28 goals in 67 regular-season and playoff games during his final junior season. He was selected 115th overall by Vancouver in 2013 and spent the last two years in the American League. There were a couple of call-ups to Vancouver, but no NHL games.

Will he introduce himself to Ellis?

“I’m not sure. He’s a little busy right now, it’s not the best time,” Subban replied with a laugh. “But hopefully I’ll be able to get video of all his shifts from a series or the playoffs to study a little more.”

Ellis’s four goals are tied for first among all defencemen in the post-season; his nine points are tied for second. But it’s not the scoring Subban notices.

“It’s the way that he defends. He’s always in great position, always great with the stick. He plays hard and smart, he knows how to use his brain a bit more to slow down the game. I’m always trying to push the pace, so that’s something I’m going to watch.

“It’s different watching Ellis in certain positions than, say, Zdeno Chara. I never thought that way before. I always studied the best players, wanting to be like them.”

But Subban sees now that Ellis is a better model, since they are of similar stature.

“I’m still learning. I’m going to watch and it’s exciting.”

Subban will make some other changes this off-season. He’s always in great shape, but will spend more time skating than in recent years.

“You have to be physically strong, but hockey players are made on the ice. I’m also shooting pucks every day. This summer is a big one for me. I have one goal next year — to be in the NHL.”

30 THOUGHTS

1. Subban added that he and P.K. spend time during the summers critiquing each other’s play while watching video. That’s got to be some high-quality entertainment. “We’re really blunt with each other. He’ll say, ‘What are you doing? That’s such a dumb play.’ In the game, you think it’s not that bad, then I’ll watch it and think, ‘What the hell was I doing... that was so awful.’ But it’s the only way to get better.”

Okay, what do you tell P.K. about his video? “Oh, I’ll just tell him, ‘You’ve got to block that shot' or 'Your gap is too big.’” I’m betting it’s more cutthroat than that.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

So if I understand correctly, if I witness 5-6 smurf Subban games you would then trust every scouts current opinion on smurf Subban, which is no different from what I am saying about him now? It's basically you and Iceman against what everyone is saying about him, but if I saw 5-6 games you would then join the general consensus group?
RD, I am not saying this about Suddan, I am talking about how you in general seem to sprout off other people's comments like they are your own.

In reality until you see them play several games you will never know.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reef throat pumping the dude
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Reef bringing the heat and cuffing the dude around
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Roberto Macenzzi the Sicilian loves his Spaghetti Westerns with Enrico Morricone soundtracks.