Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:56 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:57 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 am It looks like the Pod has been drafted to the ruskie national team and therefor wont be released early by SKA to get into a few games in the NHL.

Too bad but really there is only chaos in canuckland right now so getting into high tempo games is probably best for his development anyway.

Next year the canucks should be a much better team
Been hearing that for way too long.
Next year won’t be that big an improvement. It’s the year after that (Luongo and Loui off the books) that we compete.
Next year they won’t be nowhere near as sloppy play as this year. The Canucks weren’t ready for this year and adjusted terribly to loss of a few key players not to mention the goaltending wasn’t good until Demko emerged. Schmidt looks to have finally settled in, etc. I predict they will be much better next season
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Pod, napkin, gadj, lind, rathbone. All should see some time with the club...Pod and napkin full time. Lind gadj and rat will ease in and i cant wait.
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 am Pod, napkin, gadj, lind, rathbone. All should see some time with the club...Pod and napkin full time. Lind gadj and rat will ease in and i cant wait.
Unless we keep Sutter, JV, Beagle, Rousel and everyone else then there will be no room for new players. And of course there is the Green factor, even if they are up does not mean they will play as Green trusts his vets more.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:46 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 am Pod, napkin, gadj, lind, rathbone. All should see some time with the club...Pod and napkin full time. Lind gadj and rat will ease in and i cant wait.
Unless we keep Sutter, JV, Beagle, Rousel and everyone else then there will be no room for new players. And of course there is the Green factor, even if they are up does not mean they will play as Green trusts his vets more.
There is no doubt whatsoever that what Cuz says will happen.

THINK ABOUT IT
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:22 am
Next year they won’t be nowhere near as sloppy play as this year. The Canucks weren’t ready for this year and adjusted terribly to loss of a few key players not to mention the goaltending wasn’t good until Demko emerged. Schmidt looks to have finally settled in, etc. I predict they will be much better next season
As bad as the start was, the Canucks would have made the playoffs in an 82 game season.

Even in a 56 game season, with the worst of the schedule behind them, they could have made the playoffs were it not for the COVID outbreak.

Now, they have 2 games remaining vs Montreal, and 3 (soon to be 5) games in hand, to make up 10 points.

Win those 2 versus Mtl, and it's now 6 points to make up.

Montreal isn't exactly setting the world on fire, going 5-5-0 in their last 10 games.

Can the Canucks, in a compressed schedule with 2/3rds of the team recovering from COVID, make up 6 points in 19 games? Stranger things have happened, and we have the ultimate x-factor:

A fully healthy, rested, clear-lunged Loui Eriksson, chomping at the bit :lol:

All kidding aside, it's not like this rebuild is totally de-railed - not like Buffalo still at the top of the draft lottery after 7 years, or Edmonton owning the lottery, or Toronto going missing the playoffs. Missing the playoffs this year is not the disaster some make it out to be.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

So Rathbone is being called up? I hope both him and Lind get a good number of games in. I'd even roll Hughes, Rathbone, and Juolevi down the left side for a game or two, they have nothing to lose at this point, but I don't see Green signing up for that.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm So Rathbone is being called up? I hope both him and Lind get a good number of games in. I'd even roll Hughes, Rathbone, and Juolevi down the left side for a game or two, they have nothing to lose at this point, but I don't see Green signing up for that.
Completely agree with you. With the compressed schedule and the realism that we will not be making the post season in all likely hood, why not
play the up and comers some. As a matter of fact, we have a better chance for more points if we rotate fresh troops some.
Maybe JB lets TG the plan. ;)
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Apparently Rathbone's absence was glaring in tonight's 6-2 Comet's loss in Providence...
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tryamkin
Podkozlin
Rathbone
Lind
Gadjovich
Lockwood
DiPietro
Juolevi
Focht
McDonaugh

Are all beauts. Doyle? Your thoughts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:50 am Tryamkin
Podkozlin
Rathbone
Lind
Gadjovich
Lockwood
DiPietro
Juolevi
Focht
McDonaugh

Are all beauts. Doyle? Your thoughts?
It sounds like Linus Karlsson is looking like a player as well. Vinner will be livid if a bunch of these guys make it.

Livid!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

eVeRy PrOsPeCt MaKeS iT

tHe PrOsPeCt PuDdLe Is So dEeP
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Yah it’s good to see 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 pm Image
Just to give the people’s elbow to a couple of mooks that were begging for it. ;)

Back to exile for a spell. :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Back to exile for a spell. :drink:
Ha! I knew we could lure you out of your stupor with that

:lol:

Just so ya know...shitfaced for a week at the motel 6 down the road isnt really what being in exile means