Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:02 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm Button just said on 1040 that we got the best player out of petterson’s draft year. Looks like we did get a number one overall. I honestly think Quinn will be the second best in his draft year as well. Button also goes on to say good things about joulevi and basically says joulevi is better than tkachuk because it’s impossible to trade for top 4 dmen.
I guess you were reading while on lines here too
Whats up with Juolevi now? Hes back in the A? Is he back playing top minutes?
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm Button just said on 1040 that we got the best player out of petterson’s draft year. Looks like we did get a number one overall. I honestly think Quinn will be the second best in his draft year as well. Button also goes on to say good things about joulevi and basically says joulevi is better than tkachuk because it’s impossible to trade for top 4 dmen.
I said sure, what’s your point?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:14 am
Point is that’s two occasions where you’ve twisted what Button has said. Why is it so difficult to just say he complemented Elmer instead of making shit up?

I think this board is pretty much in agreement that the club is looking a lot better now. Most of if not all of the posters like the kids and the drafting and a good number of the transactions made the last couple years. Yet you still find the trolls that will not give an inch on some the blunders that happened from 2014 through 2016. They blame Linden or the media or trot out some stupid punch line.

Hargraves doesn’t mind taking a bat to these posters in hopes of beating some sense into them. Hargraves is here to help. :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:40 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:14 am
Point is that’s two occasions where you’ve twisted what Button has said. Why is it so difficult to just say he complemented Elmer instead of making shit up?

I think this board is pretty much in agreement that the club is looking a lot better now. Most of if not all of the posters like the kids and the drafting and a good number of the transactions made the last couple years. Yet you still find the trolls that will not give an inch on some the blunders that happened from 2014 through 2016. They blame Linden or the media or trot out some stupid punch line.

Hargraves doesn’t mind taking a bat to these posters in hopes of beating some sense into them. Hargraves is here to help. :thumbs:
Do you have a crush on dubas? It seems weird you’re really going to bat for him here. You like that nerdy schoolboy look or what?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I could give two fucks about Dubas. I just prefer if people incorporate a bit of accuracy when they are quoting a radio interview. Why wasn’t it enough that Craig J Button was very complimentary to James Elmer Benning?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle do you think the team opting to not do a pre-draft interview on Tkachuck had anything to do with how much Linden despises his old man?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 am Doyle do you think the team opting to not do a pre-draft interview on Tkachuck had anything to do with how much Linden despises his old man?
That was my thought on the matter. Is that the only reason they didn’t take him though. But a lot of people seemed to think that they were going to take a D man that year regardless. Hard to really know what the truth is other than that they butchered the pick. All the apologists point to the fact that we needed D men - which we did. But we also needed centres and wingers too. Hargraves motto is always BPA in the first round and draft for need in the later rounds.

But yeah Tkachuk’s old man used to bounce Trevor around pretty good back in the day.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Its one thing to pick what was the best d prospect at the time but its another to fail to do your due diligence and interview the kid. Apparently it is unheard of to not....

So with that in mind, it sure reeks of a personal issue and that could really only be from Linden...unless Benning has some issue with the Tkachuks(highly unlikely). If he could steer the team with draft selections then its not too far fetched to assume he had a hand in more than just this. Especially with the dramatic change in direction taken by benning as soon as TL was gone.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 am Its one thing to pick what was the best d prospect at the time but its another to fail to do your due diligence and interview the kid. Apparently it is unheard of to not....

So with that in mind, it sure reeks of a personal issue and that could really only be from Linden...unless Benning has some issue with the Tkachuks(highly unlikely). If he could steer the team with draft selections then its not too far fetched to assume he had a hand in more than just this. Especially with the dramatic change in direction taken by benning as soon as TL was gone.
Ultimately I have forgiven Elmer for the Juolevi pick and the entire 2016 draft for that matter. He had good to great drafts in 14, 15, 17 and 18. That doesn’t mean I won’t crack the Chef a good one when he tells me Olaf was a good pick though. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well maybe not that young but; Brogan Rafferty is 2nd in points for all defenceman and 1st among all rookie defenceman in the AHL

https://theahl.com/stats/player-stats/a ... 1&league=4 just thought it worth a mention :hmmm:
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:37 pm .
Well maybe not that young but; Brogan Rafferty is 2nd in points for all defenceman and 1st among all rookie defenceman in the AHL

https://theahl.com/stats/player-stats/a ... 1&league=4 just thought it worth a mention :hmmm:
Hopefully he gets a audition with the Canucks in the new year
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

dangler wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:46 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:37 pm .

Hopefully he gets a audition with the Canucks in the new year
Yeah, seriously. Wtf is up with Tanev. He should have clocked 10-15 games on the IR by now. When he does, I see BR getting the call up/
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

As an asside.... what will Tanev’s new contract look like??

If he stays healthy this year I could see him getting 4 years and at least 20 million
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:08 pm As an asside.... what will Tanev’s new contract look like??

If he stays healthy this year I could see him getting 4 years and at least 20 million
If he comes in that low I'd be surprised.

I'm seeing him around 6 for 5+. Hes a damn good dman
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When Tryamkin returns next season him and Juolevi will form a top notch 3rd pairing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau