Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:17 am
Tciso wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:57 pm Loads of capspace...
Doc is right. We might not have "loads" of cap...
:wow:

Catch 23 situation right there
Nothing that can't be fixed with a little mood music if the tension is too much.
In other irrelevant news, I got a free cup of coffee today at starbucks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is SKYO turning into the thread topic police?
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hughes re-takes the rookie scoring lead last night.

How many points does Hughes need to win the rookie scoring race by in order to win the Calder?

Quinn's on pace for 63 points in 81 games, 21:37 toi and currently sits at -4.

Makar missed 10 games, and is on pace for 67 points in 74 games, 20:40 toi and currently sits at +9.

IMO, Quinn needs to match Makar's points per game, which would mean beating him by 7-8 points at least - more likely he needs to out-score Makar by 10 points to get the trophy.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What it really comes down to is which team does the better media blitz to influence voters.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Disagree. I think people will vote for whoever has the most points at the end of the year. PPG goes Makars way, but number of games played goes Hughes. Also the Canucks are more of a surprise than the Avs and some of that reflects well on Hughes. I think people will Hum and Haw about these factors, but when it comes to the vote at the end of the season more voters will vote for whoever has the most points.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

My son wont back off saying it will be Makar if stat percentages stay the same. He says Makar is better "statistically per games played.
I say Hughes will win because he is exciting AND has amazing numbers. He is also garnering more attention by the media, IMO.
We both agree-it aint over.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Topper wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 am What it really comes down to is which team does the better media blitz to influence voters.
Well, the Athletic mid-season poll had 100% of first-place votes going to Makar, so we have to assume Colorado will win the media blitz.

I'm saying, at what point does it become impossible for the media-blitz/West Coast late-games bias to be overcome?

If Makar winds up with 60 points and Hughes has 70, I think that does it, regardless of the blitz and the "PPG" argument.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Makar play - but if he's even close to as talented as Hughes, controlling the PP, protecting the puck and otherwise playing like an 8 year vet - AND - he's getting the points, then it should a toss up.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Anyone have any insight about why Justin Bailey has not been able to stay in the NHL?
He has good size and looked incredibly fast yesterday. That was the first time I've seen him play, and am wondering why he hasn't been able to crack a line-up? He only played a little over 6 minutes, so it's hard to make a judgement. Is he poor defensively? Does he make dumb plays? Does he disappear or slow down often? Just curious about why one of you might think he will or won't make it.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:36 pm Anyone have any insight about why Justin Bailey has not been able to stay in the NHL?
He has good size and looked incredibly fast yesterday. That was the first time I've seen him play, and am wondering why he hasn't been able to crack a line-up? He only played a little over 6 minutes, so it's hard to make a judgement. Is he poor defensively? Does he make dumb plays? Does he disappear or slow down often? Just curious about why one of you might think he will or won't make it.
Dunno... I liked what he brought
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:36 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:36 pm Anyone have any insight about why Justin Bailey has not been able to stay in the NHL?
Dunno... I liked what he brought
Me as well. He can fly for a big guy. The insertion of he and Mac gave the team some much needed size up front. No idea why Travis capped his ice time at 7 min, but that’s Green for ya. Keep the same lineup next game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doc is probably angry that Schaller got sat out.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:46 pm Doc is probably angry that Schaller got sat out.
WTF dude, I hate Schaller! :lol:

You're a sick demented sumbitch if you don't mind me saying so...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:49 pm

You're a sick demented sumbitch if you don't mind me saying so...
I don’t mind. It would’ve been top shelf if you added “not to mention your 5’-11” 255 lbs”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... "with a manhole-sized bald spot"? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.