Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DHA
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by DHA »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am Sorry buds I think it would be next to impossible to ditch Sutter, Gagner and Louis without taking a bad contract back for each of them. Year 3 of the Erickson debacle starts next season. Elmer and Green should have a chat with him. Try to appeal to his pride if he has any. Tell him he had been terrible and a thief of money in his two seasons. Tell him if his play doesn’t improve greatly he will be the teams 13th forward and can eat wieners in the press box. If he has another year like the last two, tell him he can finish his contract in Utica. It will only provide minimal cap relief but it will send a message that shitty, listless play and piss poor efforts won’t be tolerated. He is a horrible example for young players to watch.

I don’t like Sutter and Gagner at all but I think they are genuinely putting in some effort. They are just shitty players.
Will be very interesting if Sedins retire, but I thin EP is her next year with the Sedins and a top 3 pick from this draft.
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:37 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:32 pm 23 minutes ago from ole reliable, regarding GODette - DhaliwalSports

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 6910144512
"I want the rookie max."

"Okay."

Done...see you Tuesday
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

DHA wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am Sorry buds I think it would be next to impossible to ditch Sutter, Gagner and Louis without taking a bad contract back for each of them. Year 3 of the Erickson debacle starts next season. Elmer and Green should have a chat with him. Try to appeal to his pride if he has any. Tell him he had been terrible and a thief of money in his two seasons. Tell him if his play doesn’t improve greatly he will be the teams 13th forward and can eat wieners in the press box. If he has another year like the last two, tell him he can finish his contract in Utica. It will only provide minimal cap relief but it will send a message that shitty, listless play and piss poor efforts won’t be tolerated. He is a horrible example for young players to watch.

I don’t like Sutter and Gagner at all but I think they are genuinely putting in some effort. They are just shitty players.
Will be very interesting if Sedins retire, but I thin EP is her next year with the Sedins and a top 3 pick from this draft.
If a top three pick is playing in Vancouver next year, he will likely be playing for a visiting team, my guess Sabres, Islanders, or Coyotes. Buffalo can’t be out tanked, and the Canucks can’t win lotteries.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:03 pm The dude knows. He has found the answer at the bottom of his bottle of Violent Sam wrapped in a brown paper bag while fighting off hookers and bums in the parking lot of the Astoria Hotel remembering the good old days sparring with Michael Olajide and Manny Sobral before he sucked on the glass beak
More like Dale Walters and Tony Pep.
Well, that explains a lot, anyway.

If i had spent much time sparring with those guys, unless they were really kind to me, Jim Benning would look like a genius to me now, too. :D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am I don’t like Sutter and Gagner at all but I think they are genuinely putting in some effort. They are just shitty players.
I'm not going to stick up for Gagner, but Sutter has been top-6 in forward icetime on 3 different teams for each of the past 9 seasons.

The reason: He is an elite shutdown/penalty-killing/faceoff-winning centre.

I recently posted that he has been top-20 in the NHL in the faceoff circle over the past 3 seasons.

Yeahno, he's not "shitty" bro...
____
Try to focus on someday.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

According to a tweet by Bob McKenzie:
Contract talks between VAN and Adam Gaudette on a three-year entry-level contract are progressing towards a logical conclusion, perhaps as early as tomorrow.
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:26 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am I don’t like Sutter and Gagner at all but I think they are genuinely putting in some effort. They are just shitty players.
I'm not going to stick up for Gagner, but Sutter has been top-6 in forward icetime on 3 different teams for each of the past 9 seasons.

The reason: He is an elite shutdown/penalty-killing/faceoff-winning centre.

I recently posted that he has been top-20 in the NHL in the faceoff circle over the past 3 seasons.

Yeahno, he's not "shitty" bro...
Canucks and Hurricanes were/are horrible garbage teams and it’s well know Pittsburgh is a top heavy team very reliant on its top 2-4 forwards up front. Notice how they’ve actually won cups again since Sutter isn’t there hogging top minutes. Adding Fatty One Ball Yellow Teeth Filthy Phil did so much more than Birdbones for that team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah we know Philthy Phil is better than Birdbones Brandon, which is why he makes twice as much.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

nuckster wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:04 pm According to a tweet by Bob McKenzie:
Contract talks between VAN and Adam Gaudette on a three-year entry-level contract are progressing towards a logical conclusion, perhaps as early as tomorrow.
Nice. I didnt really think he was as far along the development curve as he apparently is already.

So those who know...is he NHL ready?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:20 pm So those who know...is he NHL ready?
We're about to find out. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hearing it's a done deal. He will report to the Canucks, not Utica, thereby burning year one of his ELC.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

That's too bad.

Utica just clinched a spot in the playoffs today and could really use Gaudette.

The Comets have no business being there with the group they've had down there over the past 4-5 weeks. Demko has been a brick wall, and Cull has got that team playing waaay above and beyond.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm Hearing it's a done deal. He will report to the Canucks, not Utica, thereby burning year one of his ELC.
Can’t wait to watch this kid... 149th 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm Hearing it's a done deal. He will report to the Canucks, not Utica, thereby burning year one of his ELC.
Will be interesting to see what this kid can do. He’s got good size and skill, very good shot. Not the greatest skater but he’s solid. He should be NHL ready or very close to it anyway, so will be another guy fighting for a spot on the big team.

Anybody have any idea what’s going to happen this summer? Way too many players for too few positions. Something’s gotta give.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:31 pm That's too bad.

Utica just clinched a spot in the playoffs today and could really use Gaudette.

The Comets have no business being there with the group they've had down there over the past 4-5 weeks. Demko has been a brick wall, and Cull has got that team playing waaay above and beyond.
Ya I’m looking forward to seeing him but also hoped he’d sign his 3 year ELC taking effect July 1st then signing a contract with Utica.

But getting him under contract is good.
The only HW the Canucks need